Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Crystal Edition

Options
  • 07-02-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi i was hoping someone here could help me?

You see i had the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Crystal Edition pre-ordered with game.co.uk since last october and i only just got an E-mail today stating that my pre-order has been canceled :( even though it's been half a week since the game has been out.:mad:

I tried other websites like Gamestop.ie and Amazon.co.uk but none of them seem to have it in stock so i was wondering if anyone here knows where i could still get it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Zodiark12

Hi
    Someone had a similar problem and posted on Yahoo looking for help but were told the only way they'll get a copy now is on EBay! A bit odd though that you should pre-order one five months before release and then have it cancelled; have you checked the Square Enix website maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Battlestar23

Zodiark12 wrote: »
    Hi
    Someone had a similar problem and posted on Yahoo looking for help but were told the only way they'll get a copy now is on EBay!
    I checked Ebay and there's a few copies there but nearly twice the price that game were selling it at.:(
    A bit odd though that you should pre-order one five months before release and then have it cancelled;
    I know it's made me angry at Game.:mad: At least they could of contacted me before the game's release and told me I'd wouldn't be getting it not a few days after it's released. I won't be ordering from them again that's for sure!
    have you checked the Square Enix website maybe?
    I never thought to check their website i'll go and do that thanks and anyway it doesn't really matter if i don't get the Crystal Edition.

I rang my local gamestop store and they have a few limited edition's left so i could get that version and pick up the 4 disc soundtrack (which was what i really wanted from the Crystal Edition) itself down the line.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

See the thread about Game shedding jobs and losing creditor insurance?

Makes you wonder if this is why they couldn't deliver on pre-orders. As they couldn't get the stock in with out paying in advance for it. I hear it's been sorted but not explaining a delay to a customer and just cancelling the order is one sure fire way to stay in business isn't it :confused:

If this had happened during peak release season then i'm sure there would have been hundreds of thread over the web on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Most of these Crystal Editions have ended up in the hands of Fleabay and Play.com basterds selling them for massive mark ups, the days of getting collectors editions like this on the high street are over,the Limited edition is a ripoff against this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Battlestar23

Look's like I'll be getting the Crystal Edition after all.:D

Earlier today i got a phone call from Game in the UK telling me that my order shouldn't of being cancelled, they can't seem to figure out why it was but they asked me if i was still interested in getting it.:D

So i said yes and they told me it will be shipped by tomorrow.

I'm so happy that I'm getting it now.

Oh and one last thing i got the Steelbook Pre-order bonus in the post today which is awesome looking.:D

It's been one lucky day for me it seems.:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement