Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman hurt by poster settles claim against FF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Sighn of the times really !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

CamperMan wrote: »

Indeed!

€38,000? I don't like FF but thats just madness of an amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Does she suffer from memery loss since the incident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

soft tissue injury to her neck

Oh me bleedin' whiplash....Nikiiiiiiiiiiita we're in de bleedin' moneeeee now.
    She had turned back to hand Nikita a bag and, as she moved forward again, she struck her head against the poster

So she walked into it...FFS...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

"knocked her head against a low hanging election poster"

ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

In fairness a temporary wooden board at head height is just silly.
    Cant see it be reclaimed from the company they contracted to erect the "posters" as sure it was just tax payers money.

Again no one accountable in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Thought this was gonna be about a FF shill on boards hurting someones feelings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

At least her eyesight's good......if it weren't she'd never have seen whose poster it was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

That's a crazy amount of compo for such a stupid injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This is going to be fun. In the red corner, it's everyone's favourite politicial pariahs, Fianna Fail!

In the blue corner it's a Northside Dublin women with a daughter she named Nikita and feeds in McDonalds!

Have at it AH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

In the blue corner it's a Northside Dublin women with a daughter she named Nikita and feeds in McDonalds!

I'm lovin' it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You see a lot of claims in around €38,000
    Well the ones I've seen are mainly against Dublin Bus

That figure is a cut-off for the circuit court, any higher and you go to high court and legal fees are waaaaaaay higher

Hate FF but this women looks a chancer. It'd didn't blow in the wind and strike her, she walked into it
    Nikita? I suppose the other daughter is Chantelle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I think we have all been hurt by FF posters but that is taking the piss.

maybe this will encourage them to take down their stupid bloody election posters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Seems her face took a right bashing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

bluewolf wrote: »
    maybe this will encourage them to take down their stupid bloody election posters

.....or encourage them not to put them up in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Its a wonder they're allowed put these trash posters up.

This is from the same bunch of people who claimed its dangerous to put a For Sale ad in your car and you should need planning permission.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If she'd have been clattered by one of the Coir posters at the time, she'd have been fine.

Where there's no sense, there's no feeling.

Posted from my €1.84 per hour job in the European Superarmy, Abortions-For-All Division

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Biggins wrote: »

Indeed!

€38,000? I don't like FF but thats just madness of an amount.

I don't like compo culture but if an FF plonker was incompetent enough to put a poster at head height and I could reclaim some of my wasted taxes via a court case then fair game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There's also some **** gag in here about the public being beaten into submission and bribed over Lisbon 2, because more voting is less democratic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Why did she name her daughter after Nikita Khruschev?

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/RUSkhrushchev.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Her daughters name is Nikita and they were walking out of McDonalds

nuff said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Executive Posters Limited has no website which is strange for an advertising company

when i googled them i could only find an address

which came up as The Bloody Stream restaurant in Howth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I was takin' de daughtur dowin for hur dinnur and as we were coomin' back haome I bashes me noggin offa de eleckshin poaster and sustained a bit of de ol' whiplashins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    Her daughters name is Nikita and they were walking out of McDonalds

nuff said

Nope,still not making the connection. Was Kruschev fond of a Big Mac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

in fairness, she was left badly disfigured :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What did she get 38k for? I doubt it was loss of earnings.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I can understand if it was a poster of BIFFO. I mean, who has seen his mug and not been given a dose of post traumatic stress disorder? :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Two question re compensation:

a. Does one have to pay tax on it?

b. If you are a SW recipient, do they cut your weekly amount?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭jetsonx

The strokers get stroked.

EGAR wrote: »
    Two question re compensation:

a. Does one have to pay tax on it?

b. If you are a SW recipient, do they cut your weekly amount?
    No to both questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Robbo wrote: »
    No to both questions.

:( if you have 38 grand in your account then you do not need the dole IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

What did she get 38k for? I doubt it was loss of earnings.
    No.

Loss of earrings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If enough of us walk into a poster next time out we can bankrupt Fianna Fail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

EGAR wrote: »
    :( if you have 38 grand in your account then you do not need the dole IMHO.

Its 'compensation'.
    The courts and lawyers decided that because of the incident she has negatively been affected in life quality to the tune of €38K. Hence she has been awarded €38K to bring her back to 'levels'.
    So logically it shouldn't affect her welfare entitlements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I hate this compo culture.
    But i truly hate having to slalom, bent down and whatever else to avoid crashing into some election poster with some guys ugly mug on it.

This midget is 5'5'' and runs into those things. I am 6'4" so imagine the fun i have with election posters. Never ran into them though because i watch out where i go.

If this €38.000 will make sure those things are not put lower than 3 meters, or even better, not at all, it would be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm 5'6

And I walked into a election poster before, but IT WAS MY FAULT!! I wasn't looking where I was going, and I got smacked right in the head.

Mates found it funny though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I was takin' de daughtur dowin for hur dinnur and as we were coomin' back haome I bashes me noggin offa de eleckshin poaster and sustained a bit of de ol' whiplashins.

That's more of a Devon accent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MsLaura

She can by 'Nikita' a new pair of trackies and maybe some condoms to prevent the further birth of more leaches in Dublin LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I bet she poured hot coffee onto her lap in McDonalds before headbutting the sign...

Look at the state of her! You just know its not the first time she's made a claim...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

She should spend that money on a head transplant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Her local publican must be delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Was the poster banned, or just infracted?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

38 grand for a paper cut, fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Sorry to burst the bubble, but it doesn't say she got €38,000. It said she setttled a 38k damages claim.

She took the claim in the Circuit Court, where the maximum you can be awarded is roughly 38k, and generally when taking a case in the Circuit Court, you don't specify an amount you are claiming for compensation, the usual phrase in the Personal Injuries Summons is that you are claiming damages "limited to the jurisdiction of the Court"

All we can tell from the article is that she took a case claiming up to 38k, and that case was settled between the parties, and the Court was told the case was settled. We don't know for how much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Flincher wrote: »
    We don't know for how much.

Big Mac meal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Flincher wrote: »
    Sorry to burst the bubble, but it doesn't say she got €38,000. It said she setttled a 38k damages claim.

She took the claim in the Circuit Court, where the maximum you can be awarded is roughly 38k, and generally when taking a case in the Circuit Court, you don't specify an amount you are claiming for compensation, the usual phrase in the Personal Injuries Summons is that you are claiming damages "limited to the jurisdiction of the Court"

All we can tell from the article is that she took a case claiming 38k, and that case was settled between the parties, and the Court was told the case was settled. We don't know for how much.

Would ya get out of AH with your 'logic' and your fancy legalese moon language and your 'actually reading the article in question before running to AH' rubbish!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

She took our money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Everyone should hit their heads off posters and claim, maybe the fúckers will stop putting them up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

mike65 wrote: »
    If enough of us walk into a poster next time out we can bankrupt Fianna Fail!

They are already in financial dire condition but their supporters are still fund raising by holding draws for members, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement