Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truma heater repair/service near Dublin

Options
  • 07-02-2012 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Hi I was wondering did anybody know where I can get my Truma blow heater from my camper repaired/serviced near Dublin? Or if theres any tips on how I could service it (if thats possible)? I have Googled this and the only place I could find was in Limerick ... Any help welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Only place was Limerick? Really? We do them too . I have people travelling from all over to get them fixed! What exactly is wrong with it? which model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Hi Aidan I managed to get the heater out this morning lots of wd-40 on a jubliee clip holding on a pipe from the heater under the camper ... the heater is a Propex 1600w X1 ... I got the camper late summer last year and the heater wasnt working - when i turn the switch on the heater makes a noise for 2 seconds and then thats it its off. Any advice ? I see your in Aglish Co.Tipp do yous service these?
    (The pic i have attached is not my heater but a google image the same as mine) Thanks.

:]

totally unrelated to Truma , different company . Sounds like a problem with the flue balancing . The red light should blink in a sequence , that's the fault code , different flashes equal different flashes . Its in the handbook . Lovely company to deal with tbh .

Thanks for the reply, I could not see the name or panel with the lights untill it was out ... could i run it without the gas line in to check problem lights sequence or its that a no no ?

• Advertisement

umm , in theory yes , but it'll see the lack of gas as a problem too .

I hooked it up to the gas and elec and hit the switch and had a mirror to look at the light sequence it clicks for 5 seconds then goes to "lockout" and the red light stays on the lockout sign. :confused:

had you the inlet and exhaust pipes connected?
    how many flashes?

Hi Aidan I had everything hooked up it makes a noise for a few seconds (clicks) and then its a continuous red light on the lockout light panel ... I unhooked the heater and turned on the gas and there is gas coming out of the pipe so defo something with the heater

had you the 2 flexible pipes on , the intake and exhaust?

• Advertisement

Yeah Aidan all pipes were on it just clicks for a few secs and then a continuous red light on lockout

were either of the pipes shortened?

Hi Aidan afaik they wernt there about the same size as in the pic, I took the heater apart and all the wires are in good order i cleaned the dust (not much of it) in the heater with a hoover put it back together and back in the camper everything hooked back up and it just click for a few secs and then its on lockout continious red light on the lockout panel.

sounds like the power board is gone so... if you want to leave it up to me, I could have a look and see about getting a replacement board , if it turns out to be faulty .

Hi Aidan if im down your way ill leave it in with you, And as always thanks for your help and advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mariussulla

I need to get a trumatic heater fixed.

Does anyone know a company that could do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 abitofachancer

afaik maynooth motorhomes

I sent mine to a guy in germany a few years ago,

Dieter Eicker +491722192929

Advertisement