Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there any way to change nationality officially from being Irish?

• 07-02-2012 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

I have been living in England for two years now and when people ask me where I am from I say that I am English/British. I am somewhat ashamed to be Irish sometimes so I don't what to say that I was born there. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

lol, grow a ****ing pair OP would ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

On your passport, cross out "Ireland" or "Éire" and scrawl "under a bridge in a magical land far, far away" instead.

Or Norway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You sound like a dick. The English can have you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

If you're ashamed to be Irish, why tf are you asking us ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Is that you Liam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

marcsignal wrote: »
    If you're ashamed to be Irish, why tf are you asking us ??

I assume some people have done it before?
    Can anyone be of help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

Unless you are trolling you don't deserve to breath air/ thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You've been living in England 2 years, ThinkAboutIt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Can anyone be of help?

I imagine if you live in the UK long enough then you will be able to claim UK citizenship. If you have a parent born outside of Ireland you may be able to claim their nationality. I'm not too sure.

The simple fact is that you appear to have very low self esteem...so changing your nationality won't actually make you feel any better about yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Can anyone be of help?
    Get lost brit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

worstest troll ever

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Can anyone be of help?

The Queen.

You have to go to Buckingham Palace and say you have to see her urgently.

You must then present her with the head of a member of the O'Neill or O'Donnell clan, bow down before her and kiss her hand.

Most importantly, for her to accept you as her loyal subject, you must recite the following oath exactly, in order to pledge your allegiance to her:

"I do most solemnly declare myself your humble, loyal subject, Knees up Mother Brown, Under the table you must go, Ee-aye, Ee-aye, Ee-aye-oh,
    If I catch you bending, I'll saw your legs right off, Knees up, knees up, Never get the breeze up, Knees up Mother Brown.
    Oh my, what a rotten song, What a rotten song, What a rotten song, Oh my, what a rotten song, And what a rotten singer,
    Too-oo-ooh."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

If you're so ashamed to be Irish then why use an Irish forum. Ironing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Is that you Stephen Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Terrible effort.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement