Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs Trust in Waterford?

Options
  • 07-02-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is any Dogs Trust Vet in Waterford City or county? They allow you to get your dog neutered (if you qualify) for €20 and they pay the vet the balance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I haven't heard of any but would also be interested to know

I found this on their website

Subsidised neutering is available from Dogs Trust for people in receipt of the following benefits: :
    • State Pension Non Contributory
    • Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner Non Contributory Pension
    • Carers Allowance
    • One Parent Family Payment
    • Deserted Wives Allowance
    • Jobseekers Allowance (Not Benefit)
    • Supplementary Welfare Allowance
    • Disability Allowance
    • Blind Pension
    • Farm Assistance
    • Guardian’s Payment Non Contributory
    • Qualified Adult Allowance
    • Pre Retirement Allowance
    We have a list of vets taking part in this scheme and their details are available from our Neutering Hotline on 1890 946 336.

If you are on one of the benefits listed you simply take along some proof of your benefit when taking the dog in to be neutered, and the vet will only charge €20, the balance of the cost will be settled by Dogs Trust directly with the vet.

There's a number here on their website that you can ring to find out..HTH:)

http://www.dogstrust.ie/az/s/subsidisedneutering/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

Thanks for that.I found a list on the councils website.City Vets are the only one in the city itself.There's two in Dungarvan and one in Kilmacthomas.The way it works is that Dogs Trust send vouchers to the vet.You bring ID and proof that you qualify and you get the job done for €20.A great scheme

it sounds great, we wouldn't qualify for it but it's a great initiative

how much is it to get a dog neutered? we have a 7 month old Springer and I'm debating whether to get him done or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

City vets aren't participating in the scheme at the moment so that just leaves the guy in Kill or Comeragh vets in Kilmacthomas

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

snuggles09 wrote: »

how much is it to get a dog neutered? we have a 7 month old Springer and I'm debating whether to get him done or not

It cost me €90 about 3 years ago to get our boxer done, he was 2 at the time. The cost depends on the weight of the dog so unless the price has increased dramatically I'd imagine it would be around the same now. We got him done up in deLaceys in Carrick. I find their prices much cheaper than any vet in Waterford City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

What about the vet down by the 3 shippes?

I was onto city vets a month or two back and then girl in there told me to go down to the ispca down by the Marian with proof of poorness and they will give me a 50 yoyo voucher towards the denutting. Said I can keep the balls and all if I want. Decided the dog can stay attached to them though.

seanybiker wrote: »
    What about the vet down by the 3 shippes?

I was onto city vets a month or two back and then girl in there told me to go down to the ispca down by the Marian with proof of poorness and they will give me a 50 yoyo voucher towards the denutting. Said I can keep the balls and all if I want. Decided the dog can stay attached to them though.

your way with words is truly epic..bravo Seany:D

Ive been getting quotes of between €100-150 to get a 6 mth old Husky done.Going to Dungarvan in morn to get her done.

• Advertisement

mickob16 wrote: »
    Ive been getting quotes of between €100-150 to get a 6 mth old Husky done.Going to Dungarvan in morn to get her done.

awww a little husky. Im getting all broody now. any pics :):):)

seanybiker wrote: »
    awww a little husky. Im getting all broody now. any pics :):):)

I have on my phone,ill upload a few when i can.She's pure white with blue eyes,a stunning dog.

I have on my phone,ill upload a few when i can.She's pure white with blue eyes,a stunning dog.

ah tis grand, no need to cause hassle of uploading. They're lovely dogs them. Blue eyes are mental looking.

Huskies seem to be getting popular nowadays.Or maybe when you get one you tend to notice them more?

Huskies seem to be getting popular nowadays.Or maybe when you get one you tend to notice them more?

One of the girls I know has two samoyeds, they be some kinda husky looking yokes. Once I seen hers, Im after hearing of a nice amount of them around lol.

Their bigger than Huskies and a bit funny looking IMO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

there like over sized poms me thinks :)

Advertisement