Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Ulster march Part II - Easter Sunday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Again, classic Republican goal post movement. When it was announced the Queen was going to visit the Irish Republic, there was a lot of disappointment and anger in the Republican movement. A lot of anger on here from some Republicans saying it was basically a disgrace that she was going to visit the remembrance garden.

Now it was a positive move and was good for the Irish Republic and the UK. Which I do agree with. Wasn't what was being said by many Republicans on here before it happened though.

And like I said earlier in the thread, time has moved on in regards to power sharing. The fleadh cheoil 2013 is a good example of the peace process moving forward. I think this is a perfect time for a parade in Dublin. Remember, not everyone in Dublin is a Republican. Still a good number of Unionists exist and many good Orangemen. Lets make it happen for them. :)

WTF is your obsession with parades? Attention seeking sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Didn't know the fleadh was in Derry this year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Why not Easter Sunday? Perhaps Republicans should take a look at the flag and see that Orange is on it too. The real problem with the Tri colour as a flag is not many people who it is supposed to represent actually live in the Republic.

Come-on, it a provocative choice, would they be willing to march hand in hand with the white Lilly brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Why not Easter Sunday? Perhaps Republicans should take a look at the flag and see that Orange is on it too. The real problem with the Tri colour as a flag is not many people who it is supposed to represent actually live in the Republic.

yet you admitted, in another thread, to burning it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

44leto wrote: »
    Come-on, it a provocative choice, would they be willing to march hand in hand with the white Lilly brigade.
    We will see if it goes ahead or not. A parade probably will happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

This has to be a p*** take.

We will see if it goes ahead or not. A parade probably will happen though.

And I for one would wellcome it, but on any other date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The funny thing of all about the last riot in 2006 or whenever it was, was the fact that these so called "Irish Republicans" in their Celtic tops and what not, were stealing from Irish business, burning Irish peoples(families) cars and hurting Irish people.

hmmm well done lads, makes sense that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

44leto wrote: »
    And I for one would wellcome it, but on any other date.

If we're going to have a unionist/loyalist parade in Dublin, would it not be better coming from the orange order, rather than a unrepresentative and notorious sectarian bigot ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Nodin wrote: »
    If we're going to have a unionist/loyalist parade in Dublin, would it not be better coming from the orange order, rather than a unrepresentative and notorious sectarian bigot ?

(Not that the Orange Order themselves are representative or free of sectarianism).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Is it true David Healy will be leading the march?

Bigots, fantasists, rapists and Keith.

I'll stick to nibbling on my easter egg at home I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Morlar wrote: »
    (Not that the Orange Order themselves are representative or free of sectarianism).

A slightly more palatable bitter flavour.

Related.
    Northern Ireland's First Minister, David Trimble, faces disciplinary action from the Protestant Orange Order for attending the funeral of three young victims of the Omagh bombing.

Hardliners in the Order are reported to be considering the unprecedented action because Mr Trimble broke its rules by attending a service in a Catholic church.

BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

The funny thing of all about the last riot in 2006 or whenever it was, was the fact that these so called "Irish Republicans" in their Celtic tops and what not, were stealing from Irish business, burning Irish peoples(families) cars and hurting Irish people.

hmmm well done lads, makes sense that!!

Nobody is condoning the riots or people who took part, all scum bags. I am republican and am ashamed of that lot even suggesting they are of the same view point.

I think this march is a disgrace if let go ahead as it is only serving this bigots goals of rubbing it in the faces of Irish people tjay he marches on that weekend at the location and also knows he will draw out the scum bags to fight and he can go home saying "irish people wont accept us and our viewpoint"

Hopefully the powers that be see it and ban this

Nodin wrote: »

I really couldn't care less, there are lots of marches or protests in Dublin which I don't always agree with, but I think it is a better country that those people can freely express themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Has his "victims' group" handed back over the EU money yet that they didn't account for properly? Or is he sticking to his "I'll die before I hand over one red cent of that money" defence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Morlar wrote: »

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Republicans pick and choose. One minute it is 800 years of brutal English/British monarchist rule and now the Queen is great. I don't see why this parade can't happen. Seems it might go ahead and hopefully it does as I would like to go to it.

With all due respect Keith you are displaying a level of ignorance of the situation here that is astonishing. Fair enough you can argue all you like why it should go ahead and you make some valid points but anyone with even the most tenuous grip on the political realities know that this will not happen. Mind you , if it did i sincerely hope you would come to it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

deadwood wrote: »
    So we can welcome the Queen, but not a bunch of Irishmen from up the road?

They are not Irishmen since they want to be part of the UK. They are occupying Ireland for the moment.

alphanine wrote: »
    They are not Irishmen since they want to be part of the UK. They are occupying Ireland for the moment.

They are living in their home and wellcome to the place. You do know about the peace process, we are overwhelmingly in favour of it.

• Advertisement

So people who have lived there for over 400 years, you want them repatriated do you???

Are people in Scotland and Wales who want to remain part of the UK not Scots or Welsh in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Personally I love all the provinces equally. Including Meath. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Again, classic Republican goal post movement. When it was announced the Queen was going to visit the Irish Republic, there was a lot of disappointment and anger in the Republican movement. A lot of anger on here from some Republicans saying it was basically a disgrace that she was going to visit the remembrance garden.

Now it was a positive move and was good for the Irish Republic and the UK. Which I do agree with. Wasn't what was being said by many Republicans on here before it happened though.

And like I said earlier in the thread, time has moved on in regards to power sharing. The fleadh cheoil 2013 is a good example of the peace process moving forward. I think this is a perfect time for a parade in Dublin. Remember, not everyone in Dublin is a Republican. Still a good number of Unionists exist and many good Orangemen. Lets make it happen for them. :)

*Yawn* Boring!

Cant you find a new subject to troll on? This routine is getting old, you need fresh material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

I'd say yourself and Willie Frazer would get along famously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Is this just going to be a bunch of pensioners wearing sashes marching about the place? Even the diehard unionists must admit that those parades suck.

They should at least try and be fun if they're going to bother at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Never mind telling the Guards of thier intentions, do the Guards not get the final say on who gets to march, where and when?
    Considering there is the usual stuff going on every Easter Sunday, I can't see them allowing a seperate march, purely for "health and safety reasons due to a congested thoroughfare" on OConnell St anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Nevore wrote: »
    Never

Nevore, Nevore, Nevore.

Sorry wrong thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Maybe the government will bend over a bit more and apologise for the rising too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

deadwood wrote: »
    So we can welcome the Queen, but not a bunch of Irishmen from up the road?
    You must have the wrong thread - they don't identify themselves as Irish and certainly wouldn't accept someone else calling then Irish, and there's hesitancy to welcome them because they're bigoted, sectarian, hypocritical, attention-seeking *****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

Folks like Willie Frazer, Jim Allister, Cedric Wilson, Davy Tweed and Gregory Campbell have been left emasculated by recent shifts in Northern Irish political and societal attitudes.

Took a long time to realise a shared future was the only future worth living and those who retain a fetish for the bile and bitterness have been sidelined.

Thank God.

davy tweed ah the same davy who played ? rugby for ireland against england one time, it makes my mind boggle whatever about other peoples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

So people who have lived there for over 400 years, you want them repatriated do you???

Are people in Scotland and Wales who want to remain part of the UK not Scots or Welsh in that case?

They brutalised their way into our country and forced people off their land in a way not comparable with Scotland/Wales. I am all for peace/diplomacy and am completely anti-terrorism but lets call a spade a spade. Don't want to get into semantics but if you wish to be part of the UK, have a British passport etc. then I don't think you should call yourself Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

If they want to love ulster, they should stay in fkn ulster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Maybe you should mention that to your own side next time they start burning our flag on top of a pile of pallets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

lets call a spade a spade.
    Racist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

dlofnep wrote: »
    This chap should be sectioned under the mental health act.
    And he wants to march a bunch of thugs up past the GPO on Easter Sunday?
    That'll be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Don't you have to be lacking in some serious brain faculty to travel over a hundred miles to put on a sash and parade down a street. It'd be more enjoyable to spend the day staring at the sun twiddling your thumbs. Parades for no reason are for children and for Barney the dinosaur.
    From wiki...
    Barney likes many different foods such as fruits and vegetables, but his main favorite is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk. He also loves marching bands and parades

:o:o:o
    :)

They brutalised their way into our country and forced people off their land in a way not comparable with Scotland/Wales. I am all for peace/diplomacy and am completely anti-terrorism but lets call a spade a spade. Don't want to get into semantics but if you wish to be part of the UK, have a British passport etc. then I don't think you should call yourself Irish.

So you wont answer my questions? Fine. All land was originally taken by force, how far back do you want to go and where do you start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Does any one have any veracious sources for the claims he makes in regards to IRA and southern forces collusion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

If this does go ahead,and I very much doubt it will,then AGS will be well prepared for any trouble from presumably the same shower of idiots who unsuccessfuly tried to cause some grief when the queen visited last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

When this happened I said (And might have even said it on boards) that the government were either incredibly stupid or incredibly clever to allow this to happen. Knowing there would be big trouble they might have allowed it and would have tangible reason to not allow further "Love ulster" marches.

Now I am just embarrassed I gave the government any credit at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Can't see this happening, even with Inda at the wheel.

Willie Frazer and his ilk on both sides of the sectarian divide are fucking retarded. Giving this clown any kind platform isn't beyond stupid, it's dangerous as it'll just attract scumbags with nothing better to do on a weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

they should close the pheonix park for an hour or 2 and let them walk around there on their sweeny todd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Remember, not everyone in Dublin is a Republican. Still a good number of Unionists exist and many good Orangemen. Lets make it happen for them. :)

Two or three posts later
    The real problem with the Tri colour as a flag is not many people who it is supposed to represent actually live in the Republic.

First rule of troll club - be consistent
    they should close the pheonix park for an hour or 2 and let them walk around there on their sweeny todd

Or leave the M50 open and let them march down that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

How many bands will be taking part? Might see if I can go to this if it happens. I think it could be a great day out. Hopefully it is peaceful this time.

Let the march go ahead. But provide no gardai or protection at the states cost. If they want to come down then they are on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

cant wait, im gettin me bricks ready!!!!

LETS ****IN AVE IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

"Don't tell me I'm still on that feckin' island!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

While its great to see a change of attitude in northern Ireland having lived on the border all my life, tools like Willie and his friends are only interested in inciting hatred and ill feelings. This was the first thing that came to mind when I read this post

Just hope authorities on both sides of the border have the cop on to put a stop to this before it even reaches reality :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Maybe I've got it wrong, but I thought this Love Ulster stuff was all about remembering the protestant victims of IRA violence. Fair enough (although they could acknowledge Catholic victims). But this seems to be a whole lot more, and he is also spouting so much bile that that any points he does have are lost in the mire.

Personally I think this raking over the past is unproductive and divisive. Whether Garda collusion happened or not (and there are investigations ongoing), will it bring one person back from the dead if it was proved that there is.

And if they feel the need to march in Dublin, why can't they show a progress, modern Orangeism, rather than conforming to stereotypes, as they appear to be doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

F*cking hell, are they for real?!
    They must realise what will come of this - they're clearly doing it to provoke people and generally cause trouble. On Easter Sunday of all days?! I'm not the sort of person who's offended by that, but logic should tell that this is not a good idea.

I don't really understand why they'd have a Love Ulster parade in Dublin anyway... Why not in Belfast? On the face of things, this is a group of people marching in the capital city of another country because they love their own province - you wouldn't hold a Love Leinster parade in London, or a Love Munster parade in Paris, or a Love Connacht parade in Edinburgh, would you? It doesn't make sense!

Will be avoiding town at all costs on Easter Sunday so. And now they're gonna have to pay more money to the guards for that day (the Queen's visit pushed the Garda budget up by millions that we didn't have, so will this =/)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

gerryo777 wrote: »
    This chap should be sectioned under the mental health act.
    And he wants to march a bunch of thugs up past the GPO on Easter Sunday?
    That'll be interesting.

That man shouldn't be allowed into the Republic. Reminds me of the Muslim extremist cleric recommended for release yesterday - if you've got such a problem with the Republic, stay out of it. Preach your hate in your own corner.

Love Ulster coming down here is unnecessary provocation, it doesn't matter what KeithAFC, Coillte Bhoy or any of the other apologists say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

"Don't tell me I'm still on that feckin' island!"

:D

Advertisement