Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Ulster march Part II - Easter Sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Maybe they should be banned from all media coverage in Ireland, including newspapers etc like that crazy American Idol contestant in the US.

It could work because attention is what they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

im not violent in anyway and support neither the IRA or any other organisation of that sort. but personally speaking, if they come down again ill be taking to the street regardless of what any irish revisionist unionist sympathiser has to say about it

They know themselves there isn't a hymens chance in coppers of this going ahead, they just picked that date to get attention.

Everyone move along, nothing to see here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

if they get permission for this, we need to have a rebellion. Fúck that shizzle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Naomi00 wrote: »
    Maybe they should be banned from all media coverage in Ireland, including newspapers etc like that crazy American Idol contestant in the US.

It could work because attention is what they want.

That's a very good point actually. Imagine the big puddens walking down the street etc if we deserted the area for a few hours, haha... It would be great to watch at a later date though `:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Jay D wrote: »
    That's a very good point actually. Imagine the big puddens walking down the street etc if we deserted the area for a few hours, haha... It would be great to watch at a later date though `:)

Hide a secret camera somewhere and then watch them wander around aimlessly looking very disappointed.. :p

They'd probably give up if there was no one there to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Jay D wrote: »

Hide a secret camera somewhere and then watch them wander around aimlessly looking very disappointed.. :p

They'd probably give up if there was no one there to see them.

Unless all dress up like zombies and hide.

'Brains . . . loyalist brains !!''

Seriously though - they are insane enough to do this on Easter sunday and you will find a whole new additional demographic joining in the response compared to the last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Why doesn't the love Ulster parade take place in, well, Ulster?

It's blatant trolling. Why is it allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

dlofnep wrote: »
    WOW! :eek:

Prrrrrrrrick! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

mmmm..mpwh*. wub u ulster I do... <3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭as125634do

Yeah it wud be surreal ifveverybody igbored the parade. On the other hand instead of shooting unarmed drug dealrs visiting their kid the ra cud do something useful? and knock a few of them off as they walk down oconnell street. That wud feed them for sure gold standard dayer boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Morlar wrote: »
    Unless all dress up like zombies and hide.

'Brains . . . loyalist brains !!''

Seriously though - they are insane enough to do this on Easter sunday and you will find a whole new additional demographic joining in the response compared to the last time.

Zombies Go Hungry !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

isn't a pity that we can cut off the north of the country and let it float away into the North Sea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

They way I look at it is that what has happened has happened. I understand both sides of the argument. There has been too much violence and death and it needs to stop. Coming down to Dublin to do their little march will only add fuel to the fire and they know that themselves. At the last march the guards struggled and there were a lot more of them. I wonder how they will cope with the cuts to the force.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Auvers wrote: »
    isn't a pity that we can cut off the north of the country and let it float away into the North Sea

So much for the United Ireland theory eh... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Seriously, I don't think either side is 'mature' enough for this yet. Call me mad, but in a way I'd to think that someday we could all appreciate the different cultural aspects of Northern Ireland, whether they be of British or Irish origin, just like parts of Germany have French influence. However, at the moment neither side is ready for this, the local scumbags will use any excuse for a riot, even if it results in them wrecking their own city. Likewise those organising the march should have more cop; I try to be open-minded but I can't help but agree there's a bit of real life trolling going on.

On a lighter note, I'm fully expecting many of these 'hardcore nationalists' to turn out wearing Celtic jerseys... :rolleyes:

Hopefully the authorities will see sense, after the events of February 2006 I can't see why any Garda figure in their right mind would give the go ahead for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Auvers wrote: »
    Cause its Easter Sunday

I have no problem with Unionists marching through Dublin

but doing so on Easter Sunday is just idiotic provocation

i don't get the problem with easter sunday, wasn't that 1916 thing on the easter monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

If this goes ahead, some sixteen or seventeen year old is going to die or they will be severe amounts of violence, themselves to blame, have your love Ulster parade in Ulster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

just from reading the posts, I'm wondering are all those hate the idea of a march\parade of this happening in Dublin are for or against a united Ireland????

because if you are for a united Ireland then surely however distasteful you may find this, you have to still let it happen.
    Otherwise in a united Ireland you are basically saying to one million fellow Irish citizens that they are not welcome in their countries capital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

just from reading the posts, I'm wondering are all those hate the idea of a march\parade of this happening in Dublin are for or against a united Ireland????

because if you are for a united Ireland then surely however distasteful you may find this, you have to still let it happen.
    Otherwise in a united Ireland you are basically saying to one million fellow Irish citizens that they are not welcome in their countries capital.

As has been pointed out before, Willie Frazer is an isolated figure in extreme loyalist circles. If there's to be a Unionist parade in Dublin, Frazer is not the man to be involved or directing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As should be the case in Ulster, they are not welcome where they are clearly not wanted, when all they want to do is antagonise people that dont subscribe to their outdated sectarian views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

markesmith wrote: »
    That man shouldn't be allowed into the Republic. Reminds me of the Muslim extremist cleric recommended for release yesterday - if you've got such a problem with the Republic, stay out of it. Preach your hate in your own corner.

Love Ulster coming down here is unnecessary provocation, it doesn't matter what KeithAFC, Coillte Bhoy or any of the other apologists say.

wtf?? :confused: How the hell am i an apologist for this shower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Would Frazer mind if a Love Ireland parade was set up for victims of the Dublin and Monaghan bombings and we marched along his road?

hmm I am sure he be delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

i don't get the problem with easter sunday, wasn't that 1916 thing on the easter monday?

Seriously, dont be that guy.

yes it was Easter monday but there are other things outside the GPO on easter Sunday to remember the rising. It is purely on this date to try provoke a fight if this march goes ahead on this day.

Nobody is benefiting from this eejit organising this march, whatever side you are on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

If this goes ahead, some sixteen or seventeen year old is going to die or they will be severe amounts of violence, themselves to blame, have your love Ulster parade in Ulster :D
    Not if people behave themselves. That is all people have to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

wtf?? :confused: How the hell am i an apologist for this shower?

That's probably the worst insult you've ever got on this place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

dlofnep wrote: »

If this is your typical 6 counties loyalist is it any wonder they arent breeding enough??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Edz87 wrote: »
    They know themselves there isn't a hymens chance in coppers of this going ahead, they just picked that date to get attention.

Everyone move along, nothing to see here.

Exactly. The same applies to the posters asking if Republicans can march past the cenotaph on remembrance day.

Both places are already pre-booked, so they will have to find another day to antagonise people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Personally, I'm against this march, but it's nothing to do with my views on a united Ireland. I'm against the march because the date was clearly picked to cause trouble and to provoke people. Obviously the best thing to do is ignore it, but do you really think people will? Even if only 100 people go in to start a fight/counterprotest, it could turn into a riot - and we really, really don't need that, especially considering the damage that could be done to already-suffering shops. And it will bring about extra Garda costs.

Furthermore, I don't understand why they want to have it in Dublin. I wouldn't start a Love Leinster parade in Galway, or a Love Munster one in Belfast, or a Love Connacht one in Cork, it just doesn't make sense!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Maybe they should be banned from all media coverage in Ireland,

Yes they could do that. IIRC Section 31 of the oh the Ironing act is still on the statute books ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Not if people behave themselves. That is all people have to do.
    The chance of that are 0 to none, I have no problem with them marching any other day but I wouldn't go up to the north and burn a Union Jack on rememberance day, it constitutes the same thing them marching on a day like this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I want to believe in spontaneous combustion and i want Willie Frazer to prove it can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

So now that the OP has everyone suitably outraged about this travesty taking place on Easter Sunday, is this a good time to point out that the statement actually says

........Easter Saturday........
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I caught an interview with frazer on 2fm earlier this morning. I wanted to call in and pull him up on some of the shíte he was spouting but then realised it was pre-recorded. I have lived up here for a good few years now and I don't even pay attention to him but he is some hypocrite.

The best part of the interview was where he said that the govt and garda have ignored him, and if they continued to do so they would march even if it meant "walking" on the paths. Basically they want something, and if they don't get it they will huff and do what they want regardless of how much trouble it will cause, that sounds like a familiar tune alright!

He wants to speak to enda kenny and ask about collusion between the govt at the time and the ira, but knowing him and his ilk even if that happened and they were told there was no collusion they would not accept this and cause shít. He kept pointing to the saville report and saying he wanted the same, well none of the bloody sunday families had a private audience with the english govt, in fact the only "courtesy" (I use that term loosely) they were paid was to be informed of the findings less than half an hour before the live admission of guilt on sky news.

They weren't even allowed leave the guildhall to be with their families (One member per family affected was permitted up) until after the official announcement (Though some of them were able to get their hands out the windows and a fond memory that will stay with me is looking up and seeing their thumbs up and fists clenched in victory)

You can't deal rationally or logically with these small minded bigotry filled children. He kept pointing out a story about how a british army helicopter could not fly into Irish airspace to pursue ira men, well were the situation reversed what would the outcome have been?

Reading back over this you would swear he annoyed me, he hasn't because I could and would never take him seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Still a good number of Unionists exist and many good Orangemen. Lets make it happen for them. :)

'Orangemen', by their very definition, are sectarian.

I'd prefer Dublin to be free of sectarianism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

alphanine wrote: »
    They are not Irishmen since they want to be part of the UK. They are occupying Ireland for the moment.

As much as I disagree with them politically they have as much right to be on this island and as I or anyone else has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

'Orangemen', by their very definition, are sectarian.

I'd prefer Dublin to be free of sectarianism.

Me too, keep the Players Lounge shut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

The Celtic FC Superstore better stock up on uniforms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

GAAman wrote: »
    He kept pointing to the saville report and saying he wanted the same, well none of the bloody sunday families had a private audience with the english govt, in fact the only "courtesy" (I use that term loosely) they were paid was to be informed of the findings less than half an hour before the live admission of guilt on sky news.

The point most people miss about the Bloody Sunday Enquiry is that the best the families were going to achieve from it was that their loved ones would be 'elevated' from the status of legitimately killed combatants to murdered civilians.

The findings of the Bloody Sunday Enquiry were a small victory for the families of the murdered but it was nothing even approaching justice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Leave sectarianism where it belongs, in that little statelet north of the border.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Why? The Queen visited and it passed off peacefully.

Keith I'm all for everyone getting on etc but if you or your people come down to this then you's are just trouble making wasters, The queen been welcomed should tell you that times are changed, Why people would try to bring it back to the bad times by coming to insult people at the GPO is moronic and the people doing it should be arrested for incitement to hatred crimes.

Otherwise just do your love ulster march in Ulster.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Sapphire Moonchild

Eh, sorry to interrupt - but how did the fook did this thread get to 13 pages without anyone realising that the OP is trolling & didn't even quote a source for his "article"? :confused::confused:

Typical "this is disgraceful" rabble - just assuming it's fact, without actually asking for a reliable source of the info you're discussing.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to recharge my Callcards in the freezer.

Eh, sorry to interrupt - but how did the fook did this thread get to 13 pages without anyone realising that the OP is trolling & didn't even quote a source for his "article"? confused::confused

Typical "this is disgraceful" rabble - just assuming it's fact, without actually asking for a reliable source of the info you're discussing.

http://www.nuzhound.com/articles/breen/arts2012/feb5_Love-Ulster_plan_another_Dublin_protest_Easter___SBreen_Sunday-World.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Why don't they build a float for Paddy's Day

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Why don't they build a float for Paddy's Day

Jesus, don't let Roddy Doyle hear that or it'll be the 'Theme' to spoil the next parade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Morlar wrote: »
    You would support the right of Irish Republicans to march to the cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday ? You'e a liar.

That would depend on if it were a march to the cenotaph to honor the war dead via the laying of wreaths and observing the usual silence or just to disrupt it.

Which one are you proposing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Spook_ie wrote: »
    That would depend on if it were a march to the cenotaph to honor the war dead via the laying of wreaths and observing the usual silence or just to disrupt it.

Which one are you proposing?

I'd imagine it would be something to try and annoy the shít out of as many people as possible, much like what this Love Ulster parade is hoping for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Remember, Ireland was stolen from it's indigenous owners. Constant fighting got most of it back. But not all. Why are there so many appeasers in this thread? With their mealy-mouthed PC retorts and their heads full of West Brit shit. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Spread wrote: »
    Remember, Ireland was stolen from it's indigenous owners. Constant fighting got most of it back. But not all. Why are there so many appeasers in this thread? With their mealy-mouthed PC retorts and their heads full of West Brit shit. :(

And who do you think rules Ireland now then???

• Advertisement
Advertisement