Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Ulster march Part II - Easter Sunday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

GAAman wrote: »
    I caught an interview with frazer on 2fm earlier this morning. I wanted to call in and pull him up on some of the shíte he was spouting but then realised it was pre-recorded. I have lived up here for a good few years now and I don't even pay attention to him but he is some hypocrite.

The best part of the interview was where he said that the govt and garda have ignored him, and if they continued to do so they would march even if it meant "walking" on the paths. Basically they want something, and if they don't get it they will huff and do what they want regardless of how much trouble it will cause, that sounds like a familiar tune alright!

He wants to speak to enda kenny and ask about collusion between the govt at the time and the ira, but knowing him and his ilk even if that happened and they were told there was no collusion they would not accept this and cause shít. He kept pointing to the saville report and saying he wanted the same, well none of the bloody sunday families had a private audience with the english govt, in fact the only "courtesy" (I use that term loosely) they were paid was to be informed of the findings less than half an hour before the live admission of guilt on sky news.

They weren't even allowed leave the guildhall to be with their families (One member per family affected was permitted up) until after the official announcement (Though some of them were able to get their hands out the windows and a fond memory that will stay with me is looking up and seeing their thumbs up and fists clenched in victory)

You can't deal rationally or logically with these small minded bigotry filled children. He kept pointing out a story about how a british army helicopter could not fly into Irish airspace to pursue ira men, well were the situation reversed what would the outcome have been?

Reading back over this you would swear he annoyed me, he hasn't because I could and would never take him seriously

If we have a secret service we should just kill him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

JayRoc wrote: »
    They weren't republicans.

so they were loyalists?

Did you bother to ask them or was it case of labelling them as scum as it fits your nice little mental box?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

cowzerp wrote: »
    Keith I'm all for everyone getting on etc but if you or your people come down to this then you's are just trouble making wasters, The queen been welcomed should tell you that times are changed, Why people would try to bring it back to the bad times by coming to insult people at the GPO is moronic and the people doing it should be arrested for incitement to hatred crimes.

Otherwise just do your love ulster march in Ulster.
    I think if this gets permission, they should be entitled to march and do so in peace without being threatened by Republican aggression. Like you say, times have moved on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

And who do you think rules Ireland now then???

An ex-teacher from Mayo that makes a dick out of himself in the company of his superiors. He's had a great chance to put his foot down on a lot of things but a lack of cohones has him pandering to all and sundry. He may be OK with high infants but he's in the real world now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Spread wrote: »
    Remember, Ireland was stolen from it's indigenous owners. Constant fighting got most of it back. But not all. Why are there so many appeasers in this thread? With their mealy-mouthed PC retorts and their heads full of West Brit shit. :(

Indeed, the neolithic indigenous population was as happy as Larry until the Celts, Scandinavians and countless waves of "invaders" did for them. Oh, to be back in ancient times!

Oh, sorry - you are. My apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

RWhy are there so many appeasers in this thread? With their mealy-mouthed PC retorts and their heads full of West Brit shit. :(

What execrable guff.

An ex-teacher from Mayo that makes a dick out of himself in the company of his superiors. He's had a great chance to put his foot down on a lot of things but a lack of cohones has him pandering to all and sundry. He may be OK with high infants but he's in the real world now.

You sure talk American, Spread. What's all this hogwash about West Brits and appeasement, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I think if this gets permission, they should be entitled to march and do so in peace without being threatened by Republican aggression. burning the Irish Tricolour. Like you say, times have moved on.

"they" - changed your mind about going??

btw, fixed that other part of your post..

old hippy wrote: »
    Indeed, the neolithic indigenous population was as happy as Larry until the Celts, Scandinavians and countless waves of "invaders" did for them. Oh, to be back in ancient times!

Apology accepted ......... even if you are wrong
    What execrable guff.

Yes, your three word sentence sums up your thoughts nicely
    You sure talk American, Spread. What's all this hogwash about West Brits and appeasement, eh?

Just as the Anglo-Irish had an ambiguous take on Irish history ....... a lot of modern Pale dwellers look eastwards towards the old country. How long does it take to realise that when treated with deferance governments/colonial rulers will exceed their parameters. So, unless you think you've got something to gain by taking that position, why bother? Of course, having an inferiority complex helps.

I think you're a faux hippy .......... not an ageing one.

Regardless, PEACE & LOVE from all in the colonies :)

• Advertisement

Apology accepted ......... even if you are wrong

Just as the Anglo-Irish had an ambiguous take on Irish history ....... a lot of modern Pale dwellers look eastwards towards the old country. How long does it take to realise that when treated with deferance governments/colonial rulers will exceed their parameters. So, unless you think you've got something to gain by taking that position, why bother? Of course, having an inferiority complex helps.

I think you're a faux hippy .......... not an ageing one.

Regardless, PEACE & LOVE from all in the colonies :)

I think you're living in some misty eyed alternative dimension, where people cuddle up to the tricolour in order to seek guidance to quell thoughts of an otherwise pointless existence.

What is all the bs about fighting and indigenous population? There's no such thing.

Armchair warriors clutching their plastic sentiments close to their bosom; unfortunately that's all too real...

Original post
    Remember, Ireland was stolen from it's indigenous owners. Constant fighting got most of it back. But not all. Why are there so many appeasers in this thread? With their mealy-mouthed PC retorts and their heads full of West Brit shit. :(

I think that the majority of the people who lived there from the first millenium could be regarded as indigenous.
    I think you're living in some misty eyed alternative dimension, where people cuddle up to the tricolour in order to seek guidance to quell thoughts of an otherwise pointless existence.

What is all the bs about fighting and indigenous population? There's no such thing.

Armchair warriors clutching their plastic sentiments close to their bosom; unfortunately that's all too real...

Well, unless you're a practising member of some cult, apart from the enjoyment of being alive, life is pointless

No such thing as fighting or indigenous population? Jesus wept. Read a print out of the local court cases and have a gander at visa application forms.

I would say keyboard warrior steadying laptop on thighs is a reality

Original post

I think that the majority of the people who lived there from the first millenium could be regarded as indigenous.

Well, unless you're a practising member of some cult, apart from the enjoyment of being alive, life is pointless

No such thing as fighting or indigenous population? Jesus wept. Read a print out of the local court cases and have a gander at visa application forms.

I would say keyboard warrior steadying laptop on thighs is a reality

There are no truly indigenous people in Ireland, we are a nation with many bloodlines in - because of the nomadic nature of man.

You speak of the Pale and West Brits, clearly you take issue with the (I assume you think) impure Irish? Not meeting all the criteria for your greener than green outlook? All the way from America? :rolleyes:

All this talk of appeasement is bobbins. You're living in the dark ages. If a bunch of tribalist morons want to clash heads with another bunch of tribalist morons - surely they should be allowed indulge their little wee hearts desire?

Why should it upset you so?

There are no truly indigenous people in Ireland, we are a nation with many bloodlines in - because of the nomadic nature of man.

You speak of the Pale and West Brits, clearly you take issue with the (I assume you think) impure Irish? Not meeting all the criteria for your greener than green outlook? All the way from America? :rolleyes:

All this talk of appeasement is bobbins. You're living in the dark ages. If a bunch of tribalist morons want to clash heads with another bunch of tribalist morons - surely they should be allowed indulge their little wee hearts desire?

Why should it upset you so?

Surely, as an Island race, until the last 20 years or so, we could be described as indigenous ie. the majority of the inhabitants. I don't mean impure Irish ...... I mean those sleiveens that bow to the former masters. By the way, I only retired to America less than a year ago and will be heading back there for six weeks in Autumn/annually

Living in the dark ages? So you would allow people to ride roughshod over you. Hmmmmmm! Sounds like appeasement to me

The very fact that I post something doesn't automatically mean that I'm Mr Angry from wherever. All humans share certain traits. But Arslikhan is not one that I've inherited or admire

Surely, as an Island race, until the last 20 years or so, we could be described as indigenous ie. the majority of the inhabitants. I don't mean impure Irish ...... I mean those sleiveens that bow to the former masters. By the way, I only retired to America less than a year ago and will be heading back there for six weeks in Autumn/annually

Living in the dark ages? So you would allow people to ride roughshod over you. Hmmmmmm! Sounds like appeasement to me

The very fact that I post something doesn't automatically mean that I'm Mr Angry from wherever. All humans share certain traits. But Arslikhan is not one that I've inherited or admire

Which former masters? The Bush junta? The vikings? The Normans? The RCC?

Nobody's running roughshod over anyone. It's a silly, inconsequential march to stir up hatreds. Annoying but not an oppression!

If you're that concerned about imperialism, maybe you should come back for the day?

Which former masters? The Bush junta? The vikings? The Normans? The RCC?

Nobody's running roughshod over anyone. It's a silly, inconsequential march to stir up hatreds. Annoying but not an oppression!

If you're that concerned about imperialism, maybe you should come back for the day?

The British government

Precedents. This fucking shower's day out should be nipped in the bud. Or do you want to give it historic status?

Maybe they could change their date to accomodate my holiday :D

• Advertisement

The British government

Precedents. This fucking shower's day out should be nipped in the bud. Or do you want to give it historic status?

Maybe they could change their date to accomodate my holiday :D

You'd like to ban the march, is that it? And what would be next on the list?

Ban it and you make them martyrs. Best thing would be for nobody to turn up and watch. Of course, that won't happend and we'll find ourselves rehashing recent and ancient history once again :rolleyes:

Could you elaborate on how the British govt are running roughshod over us?

You'd like to ban the march, is that it? And what would be next on the list?

Ban it and you make them martyrs. Best thing would be for nobody to turn up and watch. Of course, that won't happend and we'll find ourselves rehashing recent and ancient history once again :rolleyes:

Could you elaborate on how the British govt are running roughshod over us?

Next year's march

History repeats itself. We can't rehash the future sooooooo .....

It is you who introduced this word

Next year's march

History repeats itself. We can't rehash the future sooooooo .....

It is you who introduced this word

"So you would allow people to ride roughshod over you. " That's the present that you first brought up, yes?

Who is riding roughshod over us?

Who is appeasing?

Who has an inferiority complex, exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Was I harsh in my assessment?

Some folks appear to hold contrary opinion to yours; Your use of the term 'West Brit' infers that those same posters have somehow voided or diluted their nationality. It's your choice to denigrate them as cultural quislings or some-such.

My reply was terse - your post was execrable guff and lowest common denominator stuff.

Little exposition required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Lads, please use words that the rest of us don't have to Google.

Carry on.

Puzzled
    Scruffchuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

I smell potential for a great photoshop competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

I said it before and ill say it again we should revert back to the 5 provinces there is to much parochial in fighting north and south of the border

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Argent_Dreeson

I hope this doesn't go ahead. I was supposed to go to the cinema that day and I don't want to go to town and get chased by Riot guards for no reason again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

If they want to march, they can. However, why does it have to be on Easter Sunday? That is nothing more than an attempt to provoke a reaction. They want a violent reaction so they can keep justifying their irrational siege mentality even though everyone else both north and south of the border is trying to move on. It's people like this that are dragging the island back. As long as there are fools deliberately trying to incite conflict, it's never going to work. We should all be respectful of each other's traditions, but to have a parade on this specific day is disrespectful to the history of the South, and they know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭domkk

Who mentioned Easter Sunday?..Learn to read the original posting! You lot always come out and jump on the free state Joe duffy bandwagon.
    I hope they have a 12th parade down oconnell st too.
    Anyway back off up to East Belfast this week to stock up on Union Flags and ulster covenant wristbands!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

domkk wrote: »
    Who mentioned Easter Sunday?..Learn to read the original posting! You lot always come out and jump on the free state Joe duffy bandwagon.
    I hope they have a 12th parade down oconnell st too.
    Anyway back off up to East Belfast this week to stock up on Union Flags and ulster covenant wristbands!

You and your ilk will never marhc down O'Connell St and rub it in our faces. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER as a soon to be dead bigot likes to say:cool:

Perhaps the two tribal factions could meet in a field somewhere first, on the way to Dublin and slog it out there, away from us fragile types?

You and your ilk will never marhc down O'Connell St and rub it in our faces. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER as a soon to be dead bigot likes to say:cool:
    Yes we can! ;)

Yes we can! ;)

Is Barak Obama joining ya's

Yes we can! ;)

Carry on marching to the Liffey & then take a running jump. But be sure to bring the other crowd into the river, as well ;)

Then we can get on with our lives and leave the all the auld bigots to sink or swim.

• Advertisement

Carry on marching to the Liffey & then take a running jump. But be sure to bring the other crowd into the river, as well ;)

Then we can get on with our lives and leave the all the auld bigots to sink or swim.
    :pac:

Dublin will be turned Orange soon. :p

:pac:

Dublin will be turned Orange soon. :p

I'd rather see it a myriad of colours, rather than just one. I suppose we should be grateful that our Northern visitors desparately want to be seen in the Republic but I fear that their attempts to share the love may be rebuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I was at lecture given by a survivor of a concentration camp years ago and he said whenever and where you see people discriminate against people because of religion or race you have to stand against them.Bigotry should be dead in this day and age it really should. The march should be allowed but i would have no sympathy for anything that happens to them during the march.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I was at lecture given by a survivor of a concentration camp years ago and he said whenever and where you see people discriminate against people because of religion or race you have to stand against them.Bigotry should be dead in this day and age it really should. The march should be allowed but i would have no sympathy for anything that happens to them during the march.
    Doesn't sound very peaceful like of you. The conflict is over. People are entitled to march in a democratic society.

Doesn't sound very peaceful like of you. The conflict is over. People are entitled to march in a democratic society.

What about when it incites hatred and so forth? Isn't that the intention of Orange marches, in general tribalism and triumphalism?

What about when it incites hatred and so forth? Isn't that the intention of Orange marches, in general tribalism and triumphalism?
    You call it hatred, I call it culture. If they want to march and get permission, there is nothing you can do.

You call it hatred, I call it culture. If they want to march and get permission, there is nothing you can do.

True. I leave that to the tribalists to sort it out. Still, a culture of bigotry and hatred isn't much of a culture at all. And I say that as an Irishman of plantation ancestors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

You call it hatred, I call it culture.

A culture of hatred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

In your own one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

We should plant a giant net and catch them all, then lift them by helicopter and leave them on Lambay island to make their own way home. Sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

smash wrote: »
    We should plant a giant net and catch them all, then lift them by helicopter and leave them on Lambay island to make their own way home. Sorted!
    Could drop 'em back in England altogether!

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Well, whatever you do, remember, the eyes of the world are upon you.

Throw the orangeman down the well.... or the river will do :D

Daniel S wrote: »
    In your own one.
    Why be partitionist? Like I have said, if it goes ahead, it should be allowed to pass off peacefully. I don't think it is up to Republicans to judge who is and isn't allowed to march in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

If the events of the last time they tried it didn't give them a clear indication that a "love Ulster" parade is not welcome in the republic, they really are stupid. This is going to cause riots again and if these provocative clowns go ahead with it, they should expect violence.

• Advertisement

Why be partitionist? Like I have said, if it goes ahead, it should be allowed to pass off peacefully. I don't think it is up to Republicans to judge who is and isn't allowed to march in Dublin.
    This is nothing to do with "Love Ulster" in reality and I think everyone can recognise that fact.

The are an organisation of supremacist, sectarian racists who want to march down the high street of the capital city of the country that they oppress!

Really, that's the bottom line. If it was the KKK would they be allowed?

I agree, it's up to the people. The Republicans are just the other side of the coin.

smash wrote: »
    This is nothing to do with "Love Ulster" in reality and I think everyone can recognise that fact.

The are an organisation of supremacist, sectarian racists who want to march down the high street of the capital city of the country that they oppress!

Really, that's the bottom line. If it was the KKK would they be allowed?
    We have heard all that before. The bottom line is if this march goes ahead, it is up to Republicans to behave and not destroy Dublin. I think Sinn Fein would like for this to go ahead as a gesture back to the DUP attending GAA games recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

We have heard all that before. The bottom line is if this march goes ahead, it is up to Republicans to behave and not destroy Dublin.
    Yes it is up to the Republicans, but lets face it, the scumbags will be out in force so it will kick off. And to be honest, I think it's what the Orange Order are looking for.
    I think Sinn Fein would like for this to go ahead as a gesture back to the DUP attending GAA games recently.
    That's a bit different do you not think?

• Advertisement
Advertisement