Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binary Domain

Options
  • 07-02-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Binary Domain is an upcoming squad-based third-person shooter video game under development by the newly formed Ryu ga Gotoku Studio. The game is set in Tokyo in the year 2080 and will feature innovative enemy AI technology. The creator of Binary Domain is Toshihiro Nagoshi, who created the Yakuza video game series. Binary Domain is due for release on February 24th in Europe and February 28th in North America.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tenner says you are a robot/android, or the chick in your squad is. Looks interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Was looking at this today in GameStop, might pick it up at some stage. Interesting idea, will wait to see the reviews/price drop! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

It's also confirmed this game will have voice recognition feature with NPC's like Mass Effect 3, but Headset will also do the job not only for Kinect. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I enjoyed the demo , be picking it up when it drops in price ..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Notorioux wrote: »
    It's also confirmed this game will have voice recognition feature with NPC's like Mass Effect 3, but Headset will also do the job not only for Kinect. :D

Tried it with the headset, picks up most things quite well. Being able to scream at your squadmates "You Idiot!" when they wander into your line of fire is a nice touch. Might try it with the kinect instead as it kept picking up "S***!" as "Go!". Picked up "F***!" a lot though :D

Game itself seems like a decent Gears of War variant with some effort put into the storyline and characters. Worth picking up for 15-20 which should be soon enough as it has next to no hype pre-release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Kiith wrote: »
    Tenner says you are a robot/android, or the chick in your squad is. Looks interesting though.

but she's oriental. could be rubber n I'd still luv er :/ think I'll trade darkness 2 for this

Decided to pick it up tomorrow .. Love yakuza team :D

Just got it ... Online pretty basic , few cool game modes and a horde mode, but now to get crackin on the single player :D

Single player great so far , real intense ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Played the demo and wasn't mad about it. Seems to be getting good reviews though so it might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

So Eurogamer seemed to enjoy it, giving it an 8/10.

For those looking to pick it up now, Zavvi have it for the rather great price of £24.95.

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    So Eurogamer seemed to enjoy it, giving it an 8/10.

For those looking to pick it up now, Zavvi have it for the rather great price of £24.95.

sheeeeet // i paid 50 for it :/

Lads the game is ****in brilliant , really enjoying it so far .. Def worth the pick up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Gave the demo a spin earlier, was good alright. Blowing robos to pieces is so much fun. Second part in the train station was a bit off, had no idea what was going on so spent ages shooting droids while I was meant to be running through the trains to freedom.

Got a good deal to play through right now so gonna wait a bit to pick it up.

Lads the game is ****in brilliant , really enjoying it so far .. Def worth the pick up :pac:

I know I'll enjoy it but the fuppin xtravision did not have it in .. maybe they're weary of not so hyped titles that may not sell amidst all the recessive business .. so enjoy. will land it over the w/end hopefully. got me Catherine anyhow.. I wanna battle the bot that nuts the window in, so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Trailer looked great but I really expected this to be ****. Reviews are pouring in now and they're very positive, looking forward to getting it now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This game sounds amazing. I really love the sound of the head shot mechanic where you can cause absolute havoc with chains of head shots. I really want this game now! Payday on Friday :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    This game sounds amazing. I really love the sound of the head shot mechanic where you can cause absolute havoc with chains of head shots. I really want this game now! Payday on Friday :)

The game is absolute gem , my game of the year so far , theres a horde mode aswell so when you clear the single player which is amazing so far you can pop off as many robots heads as you want afterwards , the consequence system aswell seems very different and unique to other games ... Everyone needs to try out this game ...you will love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Do xtra vision stock it? To lazy to go to town and check :p

Binary domain getting a pc release in april

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-19-binary-domain-gets-pc-release

Nice to see the japanesse developers bringing their games over to pc as of late

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm really enjoying this game. I love how much weight the guns have and the sense of power they have when they hit an enemy, really satisfying, like Gears of War had. There's a nice bit of depth to the combat as well since you have to think about what body parts to lob off and it has much more of an impact than dead space which didn't go far enough with the idea.

So far the cast is a bunch of cliches but the writing and acting is so good that it's never a problem. It's a shame it's not selling since it deserves to do a lot better.

• Advertisement

Theres a great amount of variety in enemies aswell , not just one type of robot and i enjoyed the boss battles aswell , the world also shows great scale and as you said , writing and story is fantastic

I enjoyed the demo , be picking it up when it drops in price ..:pac:

finally found a copy, on PSN; at half price :D

Physical distribution musta bn poor, they deserve some sales here very impressive on technical level the build reminds me of MGS. teh bots are great too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€24.99 in Smyths new for PS3.

sold bout 20,000 copies in america , the game def worth a pick up , the story is amazing and there is a nice variety in enemies
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got this from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, was really cheap too. Haven't played it yet but good to see that it's getting positive feedback.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Just got this looking forward to playing it over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Is the online still active?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Saw it for €23 in HMV Grafton Street today. Tempted to pick it up, going on what you guys are saying.

Some of these bots are a chore to dissemble.. just past the freeway boss, n straight on to two mini bosses imo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just finished it. Surprised it hasn't received wider acclaim. Great action, good challenging bosses (on hard difficulty anyway), some cool set pieces and a fairly solid story even if it does get a bit wacky near the end. The game isn't too short either so that another plus. The trust system is an interesting idea but it's a little bland really and there's some fairly cheesy dialogue but it's an over the top action game so I can forgive that. Overall, a great game.
    Thought they were sequel baiting at the end with Faye possibly leading a ''Hollow Child'' rebellion and you having to be the one to take her down but it looks like they gave it a conventional happy ending with her and Dan after the credits.

Advertisement