Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delivery reports on iphone 4 s ?

• 07-02-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Hi
    jus got a new iphone 4 s last week , i see there is no setting for delivery reports..
    its my first iphone , was using nokia and htc all along.

i had a quick check through threads here , and searched google , i see now that iphone does not support sms reports.

there are some apps that can be downloaded from apple , but im unsure if they will work ?..
    also some people say put a code before each message you type to recieve a report. does this work ?

any help much appreciated !!;)

im on vodafone network !!

cheers , niall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

if you do a google search you will find something to help you out like i did

i found that if i type *R* before my text message i will get a delivery text back and im with meteor

here is a few codes try em and see if any work for you they might and might not

*#
    *0#
    *NM#
    *!#
    *NOT#
    *A#
    *noti#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

moggser wrote: »
    i found that if i type *R* before my text message i will get a delivery text back and im with meteor
    QUOTE]

Thanks for that, always something I wondered was possible with the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

moggser wrote: »
    if you do a google search you will find something to help you out like i did

here is a few codes try em and see if any work for you they might and might not

*#
    *0#
    *NM#
    *!#
    *NOT#
    *A#
    *noti#

thanks for your reply , ill give it a go !!

its jus when i did do a search , i did come across the codes similar to above , but most people said they only seem to work on 02 and meteor.

didnt seem to be one that would work with vodafone network !!
    anyway ill try it an see if one of them codes work , will keep ye posted ;)

thanks

just tryed them all , none of them work anyway !!

any other options ??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

well you can always try some of these i know there is a lot but sure hey if ya want it bad enough you put the kettle on and get cracking :)

• Advertisement

i tryed some but no joy , not going to try them all as i doubt vodafone supports it..

a friend tryed the *R* on his phone and it works , he's on 02.

a 600 euro phone and you cant even get delivery reports , what a joke !!!
    kinda pi**ed off now , even 3210's 10 years ago had reports lol !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Anyone know a code for Three Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

If anyone finds out the code for VF post it is is the only feature I can fault the iPhone on that and the lack of visual voicemail in Ireland.

dingding wrote: »
    Anyone know a code for Three Ireland

same as 02 seemingly , type *R* then a space then your message !!

collier wrote: »
    If anyone finds out the code for VF post it is is the only feature I can fault the iPhone on that and the lack of visual voicemail in Ireland.

yeah theres jus a few small things that are buggin me..

the no report problem

cant turn off chat while on facebook on the phone (i could on my htc)

cant get the normal keyboard (maybe you can i jus cant find it ? ) - the normal 3 x 4 layout !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

collier wrote: »

You can use the hullo mail app to give you visual voicemail.

NIALL D wrote: »
    a 600 euro phone and you cant even get delivery reports , what a joke !!!
    kinda pi**ed off now , even 3210's 10 years ago had reports lol !!!

I know, it's ridiculous. I had to jailbreak my phone and install iPhoneDelivery from Cydia.

Karsini wrote: »
    I know, it's ridiculous. I had to jailbreak my phone and install iPhoneDelivery from Cydia.

might be an option.
    only have the phone a week , but i dunno should i go jailbreaking it now , would it be ok to do so ?
    does it slow down the software , ive heard some people sayin it does ?

would my insurance still give a new phone if this one was sent off to be fixed for any reason , and the seen it was jail broken ???

NIALL D wrote: »
    might be an option.
    only have the phone a week , but i dunno should i go jailbreaking it now , would it be ok to do so ?
    does it slow down the software , ive heard some people sayin it does ?

would my insurance still give a new phone if this one was sent off to be fixed for any reason , and the seen it was jail broken ???

Jailbreaking alone won't slow the phone down but as you can install anything, you could end up installing some app that might. Restoring the phone in iTunes will remove the jailbreak so you could do this if you ever needed to return the phone for service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

dingding wrote: »

You can use the hullo mail app to give you visual voicemail.

I don't want to go down the route of third party apps for something that is built in and just not supported by Irish networks as they are set in their ways.

Advertisement