Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My ban from Soccer, Moderation, and moving things forward

Options
  • 07-02-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭

First of all I want to point out I'm not appealing my ban, since I have no interest in posting in Soccer while things continue to be run as they are

To those in charge, what I would like to see is an investigation into why I was banned, close scrutiny of the infractions and the context around them, and a decision resulting whether the Modding was of an acceptable nature therein

My grievance is this: I believe the Soccer forum, as is, is Moderated with bias. I believe certain people have undue influence, which I don't think should be the case. Moderators should judge without bias / affiliations, and I'm sad to say I just don't believe this is the case. For the record I'm not saying that I believe every single Soccer Mod to be so, but rather voicing my opinion as a whole, based very much on my own personal experience.

I hope, in the interest of the Community as a whole, that this is looked into, as I would like to think these things are taken seriously with the interest of it's members very much at heart. Thank you, from an otherwise very happy poster

manual_man

Oh by the way when looking into this you might want to consider PHB is a Manchester United fan, I think you'll find it's very relevant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Please let me know if this is being looked into. I feel a bit like I'm being left out in the cold at the moment. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

As you are not disputing the ban, I'll move this back to the Help Desk.

I will ask the Cmods to have a look at it.

Appreciated

RL is getting in the way of things here.

Somebody will be back to you over the weekend.

OK cheers

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, this is not a good time for any kind of investigation into the Soccer forum.

For many reasons, the Category mods do not have the time to devote to Boards.ie at the moment, Real Life is taking precedence, as it should.
    manual_man wrote: »
    My grievance is this: I believe the Soccer forum, as is, is Moderated with bias. I believe certain people have undue influence, which I don't think should be the case. Moderators should judge without bias / affiliations, and I'm sad to say I just don't believe this is the case. For the record I'm not saying that I believe every single Soccer Mod to be so, but rather voicing my opinion as a whole, based very much on my own personal experience.

I have asked the Soccer mods to get back to me with details of your recent issues. From what I can see, all the comments you made, in the context of the forum charter, were deserving of the actions taken.

This leads me to believe that the problem is not with the moderation of the forum, but your behavior on the forum.

As such, I cannot see any evidence of bias.

The forum by it's nature is very contentious and subject to what I can only describe as tribal prejudices amongst supporters and posters. Can you see any other forum on the site that requires such stringent entry requirements? That in itself should tell you a lot about the forum and the people who post there.

Is any forum moderator perfect? No. Do mods (and Cmods/Admins for that matter) make mistakes? Of course. However, I can say that we have enough checks and balances in place that if there is something that is consistently dealt with in an unfair and biased manner, it will be dealt with by the community as a whole.

I can honestly say that the checks and balances appear to be working in this situation in the Soccer forum.
    Oh by the way when looking into this you might want to consider PHB is a Manchester United fan, I think you'll find it's very relevant.

I don't see the relevance. And he has indicated to me that he has no idea who you support.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Unfortunately, this is not a good time for any kind of investigation into the Soccer forum.

For many reasons, the Category mods do not have the time to devote to Boards.ie at the moment, Real Life is taking precedence, as it should.

I have asked the Soccer mods to get back to me with details of your recent issues. From what I can see, all the comments you made, in the context of the forum charter, were deserving of the actions taken.

This leads me to believe that the problem is not with the moderation of the forum, but your behavior on the forum.

As such, I cannot see any evidence of bias.

The forum by it's nature is very contentious and subject to what I can only describe as tribal prejudices amongst supporters and posters. Can you see any other forum on the site that requires such stringent entry requirements? That in itself should tell you a lot about the forum and the people who post there.

Is any forum moderator perfect? No. Do mods (and Cmods/Admins for that matter) make mistakes? Of course. However, I can say that we have enough checks and balances in place that if there is something that is consistently dealt with in an unfair and biased manner, it will be dealt with by the community as a whole.

I can honestly say that the checks and balances appear to be working in this situation in the Soccer forum.

I don't see the relevance. And he has indicated to me that he has no idea who you support.

He has no idea who I support. What a load of blarney. Go look at my infractions served by PHB and tell me how many of them were related to Manchester United and/or Liverpool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement