Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When you dont get the advertised free item..

Options
  • 07-02-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

I bought a Sony camera recently, and advertised as part of the deal was a free SLR photography course, which has failed to materialise..Are retailers bound to come good on these type of offers or who does one apply to for recourse here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Did you ask the shop / seller, and what was their reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

It was Harvey Normans and they say its not anything to do with them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Was this a HN promotion of some sort, or was it something that Son included in the box? If it was with the camera itself, then it's Sony's issue to deal with. If HN were doing a promo or some sort, then it's everything to do with them.

It was a thing you got when you bought a Sony camera, that gave you a free training course.
    I filled out the forms for it a few months ago and heard nothing back. Not on the HN website, but it was same as this
    http://www.connscameras.ie/product_images/connscameras.com/pdfs/Sony_Alpha_Training.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

BengaLover wrote: »
    It was a thing you got when you bought a Sony camera, that gave you a free training course.
    I filled out the forms for it a few months ago and heard nothing back. Not on the HN website, but it was same as this
    http://www.connscameras.ie/product_images/connscameras.com/pdfs/Sony_Alpha_Training.pdf

It says participating retailers on the first page of that pdf, and since HN have heard nothing about it nor have the advertised anything then they probably aren't participating.

• Advertisement

It was with a camera i bought in HN, and the promotion was in store at HN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I bought a Sony camera recently, and advertised as part of the deal was a free SLR photography course, which has failed to materialise..Are retailers bound to come good on these type of offers or who does one apply to for recourse here.

If it was in the box then it is nothing to do with HN. Your query is with Sony. IMO there were certain T&C'S you were not aware of such as geographical restrictions or even an expiration date which had already expired..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

It was with a camera i bought in HN, and the promotion was in store at HN.
    When you say that the promotion was in store, do you mean that they displayed something that led you to believe that the training course was included with the camera?

When I bought the camera the salesperson gave me a foldout leaflet, with the camera course advertised as a free gift when buying a sony camera. and the salespersons words were 'and you get this too', but it wasnt in the box with the camera, if it was then it would be Sony I would go straight to.
    It doesnt seem to be an in store promo exclusive to HN either as the Conns camera store in dub did it too.

When I bought the camera ...
    That's not clear. Does that mean when you were considering buying the camera, or does it mean when you were paying for the camera?

• Advertisement

Ah, good point, it was at closure of sale..

Ah, good point, it was at closure of sale..
    I think that means that you don't have a case against HN. You can't say that you purchased that particular camera because of the training course. It seems more like they thought that they were giving you something for nothing after the event.

Time to have a go at Sony. It's clear that HN are a "participating outlet", and it seems that the promotion is still current.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

This reminds me of when Sony offered the VAT back on products purchased around December 2010. The shops were saying "all products", Sony were saying "certain products" and in the end Sony were a disaster to deal with to get the VAT back and from reading their forums my guess is that very very few customers actually got the VAT back.

OP, Sony have a dedicated forum on their website which you could try, I believe some Sony representatives spend time on the forum trying to help out customers.

Advertisement