Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA in History

Options
  • 07-02-2012 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Can someone out there enlighten me as I feel I am been given the run around..I want to do a Ba in History and have just been told that it is considered as a degree in Art...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think you mean Arts, as opposed to Art?

The BA stands for Bachelor of Arts, so you are not being given the runaround.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

don't waste your time with an arts degree. get a professional qualification

a girl served me pizza in our college cafeteria the other day...she had a history degree

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Raggy Anne wrote: »
    Hi,

Can someone out there enlighten me as I feel I am been given the run around..I want to do a Ba in History and have just been told that it is considered as a degree in Art...

History comes under the very broad heading of 'The Arts' a.k.a 'Humanities' which is why the degree is called a Bachelor of Arts or B.A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Raggy Anne

Kool then what would you call a degree in History...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It would be a Bachelor of Arts in History.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Raggy Anne

Hi, Thank you all for help, actually found that they thought it better that I do a Ba in Arts, but I just want the Degree in History to become a qualified Historian.:)

Advertisement