Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a good dermatologist for wedding?

• 07-02-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi,

Want to get my skin in tip top shape for my wedding. Any recommendations for a good dermatologist that doesnt cost a fortune (in Dublin)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Have you got a specific medical condition? If so then your GP should probably make a referral for you. If it's merely cosmetic surely a very good beautician would be able to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

No I havent anything specific but just want a general overhaul by someone who is trained, Ive given up on beauticians! I never see any difference, yes its relaxing but no change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've always felt the same about beauticians but I recently got a Dermalogica facial from Lorna in Queen on Aungier Street and it was fantastic. She gave me loads of samples and there was no pressure to buy anything. My skin has never been better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

OP, you might get more responses in the beauty forum. Let me know if you want it moved there.

yes please! Quote=hug0;76961087]Hi,

Want to get my skin in tip top shape for my wedding. Any recommendations for a good dermatologist that doesnt cost a fortune (in Dublin)?[/Quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Moved to beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

hug0 wrote: »
    Hi,

Want to get my skin in tip top shape for my wedding. Any recommendations for a good dermatologist that doesnt cost a fortune (in Dublin)?

I am not an expert but if you don't have a medical condition I think you just need a good beautician! I find Tara from In Vogue salon in Blackrock amazing, they use decleor products which smell divine my skin is always glowing after getting one or the Derma Laser clinic in Blackrock are fantastic they are all qualified nurses and sooo professional they do microdermabrasion and peels using medical grade equipment. I got my mum a glycolic peel for her birthday and her skin looked unreal after it! They also do Botox and other procedures but are carried out by a doctor!

Millem that sounds like the kind of thing I'm looking for. Does anyone know of something similar over on the north side or in the city that do peels or laser that's good.Will try blackrock derma laser clinic otherwise. Do you know if it's expensive?
    Millem wrote: »
    hug0 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am not an expert but if you don't have a medical condition I think you just need a good beautician! I find Tara from In Vogue salon in Blackrock amazing, they use decleor products which smell divine my skin is always glowing after getting one or the Derma Laser clinic in Blackrock are fantastic they are all qualified nurses and sooo professional they do microdermabrasion and peels using medical grade equipment. I got my mum a glycolic peel for her birthday and her skin looked unreal after it! They also do Botox and other procedures but are carried out by a doctor!

Hug0, I am sure there are loads of places north side or in town but be careful! I know of a place in town that gave a glycolic peel to someone without her using the products first and her skin ended up badly burned! Not a good look!! Derma laser clinic not too expensive I think it is €90 for microdermabrasion (special), but they offer loads of other stuff for your skin. (check out their website). I think €90 is great considering it medical grade equipment and all staff are nurses, whereas in vogue (beauticians) charge €100! Too be honest I can't recommend them highly enough I always go to Patricia (owner). You could always go for a free consultation and see what you think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Hi Hug0, if you don't have a medical condition and are just looking for a something to brighten or boost your skin, have you ever looked into microdermabrasion? I got it done recently in a place called NU Essence on South Anne Street just off Grafton Street and found it really good. It's about 80e but they did a deal in Jan that made it cheaper so you could maybe find out if they have any deals on.
    A friend of mine is getting married this summer and she got it done too (in a different place). I thought it was really good and a few people commented on my skin in the weeks after without me telling them I had gotten it done. Could be a cheaper/less invasive treatment. Good luck :)

• Advertisement

I went for micro dermasion before in Zenergy off George Street in town. I didnt find it amazing but then again maybe I needed to go for more sessions.

How many do people recommend? What do people think about IPL? Im in my late 20s so just want to freshen up skin and help reduce signs of crowfeet.

Hug0, how many you need would depend on your skin, I don't think the microdermabrasion in zenegy is the same as one in cosmetic clinics as zenegy is a beauticians? I know the the one in Derma Clinic is "medical grade". To be honest I think it just means stronger as they are nurses. I think it's like the laser hair removal in beauticians vs in a cosmetic clinic, they use different machines!

OK many I will try that again then. What do people think of Renew Clinic http://www.renewclinic.ie/ as Blackrock is a bit of pain for me to get to?

On another note Ive spent a lot of money of laser hair removal by therapie in town and it grew back, think its a bit of fraud as it doesnt remove it at all permanently!

Advertisement