Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

legal solution to economic problems

• 07-02-2012 5:27pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since an estimated one in three Irish people download illegally or copy media illegally (ie. from CD to mp3 player) we simply apply the maximum penalty under existing law.

( €127 thousand fine x 4.58 million people ) / 3 = € 194 Billion

http://visualartists.ie/resources/infopool-2/legaltechnical-guides/copyright-and-the-visual-artist/
    Criminal penalties extend to fines of up to €127,000 and/or terms of imprisonment of up to 5 years.

The beauty of this plan is no laws need to be changed, it's simply a matter of looking up the ISP records, get customs to call round to your house since you have evaded VAT that would have been paid and "see you in court"

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Since an estimated one in three Irish people download illegally or copy media illegally (ie. from CD to mp3 player) we simply apply the maximum penalty under existing law.

( €127 thousand fine x 4.58 million people ) / 3 = € 194 Billion

http://visualartists.ie/resources/infopool-2/legaltechnical-guides/copyright-and-the-visual-artist/

The beauty of this plan is no laws need to be changed, it's simply a matter of looking up the ISP records, get customs to call round to your house since you have evaded VAT that would have been paid and "see you in court"

The Gardi/customs/etc are finding it hard to do their job at present chasing criminals, given the cuts.
    Nice idea but sadly at the moment, I can't see resources being allocated to such a plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

**Slow Hand Clap**

Well Done Sir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

does the fact i haven't a pot to piss in enter into that equation there captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I would say if people have €127,000 they wouldn't be downloading illegally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

If only we could download pizzas.

As long as it didn't 'wreck da cheeyiz'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

We could also solve all our problems by using bad mathematics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Or, it would simply result in lots more people being able to file for bankruptcy, letting them get out of paying their credit card / personal loan / mortgage ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

since piracy laws are to protect lost revenue, considering ive never bought a cd/dvd/ piece of software in my life and would never, does that mean that I could make a case that me pirating is not lost revenue since I wouldnt give them any money anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

44leto wrote: »
    We could also solve all our problems by using bad mathematics.

We do! :pac:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1102/budget-business.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Yeah that will not definitely not end in massive revolution and death of most of our politicians:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I cant afford this €127k at the mo. I'll have to borrow it from the bank. Oh wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

How about allowing everyone to win the lotto

4.58 million*by the lotto = squillions.

Advertisement