Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reusing my sanitiser

Options
  • 07-02-2012 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    So I've to sanitise my bucket and kit to get a second brew going, and I've a notion that I want to run past ye.

I'm making up some home made sanitising solution, but I want to be able to use this to sanitise my bottles when it comes to bottling. I'm planning on filling the brew bucket, and making the solution in it. Then immerse my kit, and when clean, just pour it out into a couple of 5l drums I have knocking around. Is this solution still effective to use to clean out the bottles a month later when bottling?

Or is it effectively a one use solution that I have to then dump after cleaning the bucket?

Cheers for any info you can provide,
    WP

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

If you're using the thin bleach and vinegar method just chuck it and make some more up at time of bottle cleaning. Bleach has a short shelf life afaik so you may as well use the thin bleach up within a few months of opening first.

If you have a dishwasher, you can run your bottles through a wash cycle and let them steam dry. Don't use dishwasher powder or rinse aid tho. Just a hot water wash will do the job and the steam is perfect for kill nasty bacteria.

Advertisement