Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Art practical?

• 07-02-2012 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

So my mock art practical is tomorrow, and I've got the prep sheet all done, but I've absolutely no clue what to do for the preliminary sheet?! I know it has to be done in the allocated 5 hours, but my teacher never explained it properly and I'm just seriously confused .. if someone could please help me out it'd be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Is this for a poster? What I've been told to do is to show at least three developments of your idea. So what you can do is draw out three seperate boxes on an A2 sheet and leave enough room beside each to draw a rough sketch of your poster in. Then in your first box you sketch a design for your poster that you can develop into your final piece. Draw something close enough to your final design you have planned but different enough to make some alterations to it. Then in the second box you sketch an improved version of this, making any changes you felt necessary (still shouldn't be exactly like your final design, leave room for improvement), then in your last box you roughly sketch the design your planning on doing. Beside each box you write bullet points about what you like about it/what you dislike, and with the box subsequent to that, say what changes you've made. Leave room on the sheet as well for lettering development (similar rules apply to this as the poster design) and also show what colours you're using and explain why you think they're appropriate etc. Hope that helped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

No I'm not doing the poster, I'm doing the lino print, the theme is time travel .. thanks :)

(Also, 3 is probably a minimum requirement, if I were you I'd do 4 developments)

I think it's somewhat similar then?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Is this for a poster? What I've been told to do is to show at least three developments of your idea. So what you can do is draw out three seperate boxes on an A2 sheet and leave enough room beside each to draw a rough sketch of your poster in. Then in your first box you sketch a design for your poster that you can develop into your final piece. Draw something close enough to your final design you have planned but different enough to make some alterations to it. Then in the second box you sketch an improved version of this, making any changes you felt necessary (still shouldn't be exactly like your final design, leave room for improvement), then in your last box you roughly sketch the design your planning on doing. Beside each box you write bullet points about what you like about it/what you dislike, and with the box subsequent to that, say what changes you've made. Leave room on the sheet as well for lettering development (similar rules apply to this as the poster design) and also show what colours you're using and explain why you think they're appropriate etc. Hope that helped!

Oh god that makes me really nervous :/ Basically my teacher just has us make out the preparatory sheet and then for the preliminary we show the full design of what our finished craft will be like. Is that wrong? Because I'm doing screen printing and so my preliminary sheet is just the master drawing that I have to trace to make my stencils so i think has to be fully developed.But my teacher isn't exactly great unfortunalely.

• Advertisement

Oh god that makes me really nervous :/ Basically my teacher just has us make out the preparatory sheet and then for the preliminary we show the full design of what our finished craft will be like. Is that wrong? Because I'm doing screen printing and so my preliminary sheet is just the master drawing that I have to trace to make my stencils so i think has to be fully developed.But my teacher is exactly great unfortunalely.
    Ah no don't worry that's just for the poster! I'm actually doing the batik myself so our prep sheet is just the stencil for our piece!

Advertisement