Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temple Bar Thursday Night

Options
  • 07-02-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi Boardsies,

Heading to a gig in Vicar street on Thursday and might aswell make a night of it and go all out, Any suggestions for where to go on a Thursday Night around Temple Bar???

Thanks,

Sashiee

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Porterhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Soundsphere

The Porter House on Parliament Street is a nice place to stay and it's open at Thursdays as well. They have great beers and they also serve food. But the food is just served until around 10pm.
    There's also the Fitzsimons, which is also a nice place.
    But if you walk around Temple Bar you will always find something during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Avoid the middle Temple Bar as much as possible.

You'll be fleeced there.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

Thanks for the sound advice, yeah porterhouse seems like a place to go, what about a nightclub then for later...booked a hotel so might aswell stay out as long as possible!:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

For food? Skinflint for sure.

• Advertisement

For food? Skinflint for sure.

ohh that looks delsih!!! nice italian food before the dropkick murphys gig, bitta grub before the session begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm going to throw a vote for sweeney's (dame st, just outside templebar), open late, good music, lots of options around if not to your taste

i'm thinking of FXB Grill for the early bird menu.

Hear theyre Steaks are fantastic.
    what do you think???

http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/temple_bar/temple_bar/fxb_grill_crow_street_temple_bar/menu.aspx?menuID=9833

If you're into American style "char grilled" they're good. Otherwise you'll be disappointed.

sugarman wrote: »
    Another vote for Sweeneys, open late, decent music & reasonable priced drinks.

yeah had a look at sweeneys there....looks like a great place, nice atmosphere too :-)

• Advertisement

If you're into American style "char grilled" they're good. Otherwise you'll be disappointed.

oh really? Any food suggestions?? open to all types of cuisine ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

If your going to the Dropkick Murphys you'll probably enjoy the Thomas House, directly across the road from Vicar Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Head to Eamon Doran's, if it's anything like it was, there'll be like-minded individuals there.

If your going to the Dropkick Murphys you'll probably enjoy the Thomas House, directly across the road from Vicar Street.

is that what's on? a couple of the lads were trying to get me to go over to it. the thomas house wouldn't be a bad shout for that crowd but i find it's a bit isolated, i like to keep my options open
    Head to Eamon Doran's, if it's anything like it was, there'll be like-minded individuals there.

i haven't been a local for the guts of a year now and doran's was long gone before i left

yeah heading to see the dropkicks, havnt seen em live yet so lookin' forward to it...just looking for a good ole pub and if they do grub aswell great,

just a few drinks before the gig and we can head up town after it ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

Thomas House don't do food but unsurprisingly they are having a Dropkick Murphys themed night http://www.facebook.com/events/317964724890284/

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Sashiee wrote: »
    yeah heading to see the dropkicks, havnt seen em live yet so lookin' forward to it...just looking for a good ole pub and if they do grub aswell great,

just a few drinks before the gig and we can head up town after it ...

Dorans is called the old storehouse now. Big pub open late with live irish music.

There is an 80's club by it called madonnas.

If your into the dropkick murphys, i would check out the gypsy rose or the workmans club. Both will have live bands. The mezz would also be a good shout.
    Or cross the river to fibbers rock bar or sin e. Both on the north quays.

Pub food you cant go wrong withthe bull and castle in christchurch, between vicar street and temple bar. German beer hall upstairs too :-)

liffeylite wrote: »
    Dorans is called the old storehouse now. Big pub open late with live irish music.

There is an 80's club by it called madonnas.

If your into the dropkick murphys, i would check out the gypsy rose or the workmans club. Both will have live bands. The mezz would also be a good shout.
    Or cross the river to fibbers rock bar or sin e. Both on the north quays.

Pub food you cant go wrong withthe bull and castle in christchurch, between vicar street and temple bar. German beer hall upstairs too :-)
    Wow name change again already? Wasn't it Three Crown Alley recently?

Wow name change again already? Wasn't it Three Crown Alley recently?

yup, it was crown alley the last time i saw. madonnas was downstairs iirc. such a shame it changed, i used to love that place. . .especially difontaines :(

Advertisement