Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was I right?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Would he be allowed to slouch though? Even if it was a last request?

He can slouch when he's dead. Harsh but fair, we have to keep a level of consistency you know.

OT, But do you wear a woolly red hat indoors or on a very warm summers day?

I like to mix up the colours, when it's summer, it's woolly yellow hats, and I continue this in line with the season, but yes I was born with a woolly hat, so I couldn't possibly stop wearing them now. Plus I don't like all these posers who wear them when they please, it's for life, not just for Christmas! It's like the lads who wear the GAA jersey once a year for the All-Ireland final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

This would be an ecumenical matter.

T th th tha that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

paky wrote: »
    i know :D im just so proud at what i said i just cant help telling people about it. it was so funny. he was lucky i didn't crack his fcuken head open

:rolleyes: I hate all that "i was gonna" crap. Its shite when you hear it in the real world and its uber shite when said on the net.

But I am suprised that people are giving Paki a hard time.
    Take someone in your job telling you something, but who has no right to. You wouldnt be listening to them. Weather or not you'd directly tell them to f*ck off is one thing. But you wouldnt take it.

So all this "have pride in your job" , "unprofessional" etc is all just bullshit from people on here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

whatsamsn wrote: »
    :rolleyes: I hate all that "i was gonna" crap. Its shite when you hear it in the real world and its uber shite when said on the net.

Take someone in your job telling you something, but who has no right to.

:confused:

I disagree.
    If a person is working on a premises, they have an job obligation to carry put their duties to their best ability.

...But maybe thats just a daft idea of mine.

The manager was trying his best to see that his place of employment was seen in the best possible light.

Personally I would have fired his ass there and then for the language and possible attitude (but as it is, he's already serving out his notice).
    He would be banned from the hotel.
    The last thing any place needs is a person that can't control their anger, is a public face of a business for any period of time, lets a place down, uses foul language which additionally might be overheard and feels like cracking skulls!

Nice!
    (Not)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

robbie7730 wrote: »
    T th th tha that

yellow card for that...

Take someone in your job telling you something, but who has no right to. You wouldnt be listening to them. Weather or not you'd directly tell them to f*ck off is one thing. But you wouldnt take it.

So all this "have pride in your job" , "unprofessional" etc is all just bullshit from people on here.

He was slouching, serious offence man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

He was slouching, serious offence man

So what happens if he was scratching his balls? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

yellow card for that...

The report has gone in has it:D

Maybe this will help..

• Advertisement

So what happens if he was scratching his balls? :pac:

Couldn't tell you that,think there's a separate law enforcement section for that one, we just shoot slouchers, there's enough of them around to keep us going tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

beerbaron wrote: »
    a what?

If you can't spell or stand up straight and have issues dealing with figures of authority - you've major problems Paky. Sounds like you're not qualified for your area of employment.

Sounds like he is eminently qualified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

Legally you should have got a break (if you did a shift of 12 hours on your feet) every 4 hours you deserve a break and also a lunch break, I wouldn't have told anyone to Fcuk off, but I would have made that clear to who ever was my superior for the nights entertainment.

So yes you where right, just I would have done it differently :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Hey, give Paky a break. Security are meant to look surly and a bit threatening.
    I like the way you asked would he give advice to the suits with KPMG and he said No. They probably needed the advice more than you tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Should have just lobbed some poo nuggets. That'll learn him

Pete M. wrote: »
    Hey, give Paky a break. Security are meant to look surly and a bit threatening.
    I like the way you asked would he give advice to the suits with KPMG and he said No. They probably needed the advice more than you tbh.

I like the way he asked that too, but probably would have said "Well you better go and talk to them, then" **smiles nonchalant at manager :o (just like that smiley :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 The Mollusc

Did you consider blasting him with piss while you were at it? :P

Did you consider blasting him with piss while you were at it? :P

No I would assume KMPG would have done that for me :cool:

Advertisement