Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Jobs

Options
  • 07-02-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anyone know where Airlines not just in Dublin but anywhere in ireland advertise for jobs. They dont seem to use jobs.ie and dublinairportjobs.com doesnt seem to be updated very regularly. Does anyone maybe even know anyone in the inside that works as a pax service agent???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭colly3

flic1988 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where Airlines not just in Dublin but anywhere in ireland advertise for jobs. They dont seem to use jobs.ie and dublinairportjobs.com doesnt seem to be updated very regularly. Does anyone maybe even know anyone in the inside that works as a pax service agent???

Flic, what area of airline work are you looking for specifically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Yonge Street

I'm interested in this also. I've sent emails to the DAA in the past enquiring about vacancies but got no reply. I'll do anything - baggage handling, driving elderly people around on the cart, info desk, I'll even clean toilets or sweep the floors. I've always had a fascination with airports and it would be a dream to work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭donkey balls

The likes of the ground handling wether it be pax/cargo would be done by the likes of Servisair although I heard that they cut the staff right to the bone, but companies normally take people on during the peak period(summer time) on a fixed base contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭colly3

Lads / Lassies, whatever.

Baggage handling is split between 4 - Aer Lingus (they look after their own) The "BLUE" airline do their own also , then there's Servisair (approx 70%) of the market share and then Sky Handling do the rest.

The DAA don't recruit - they outsourced all their recruitment to Flexsource. I'd say you'll find a website for them. To get airside, there are very strict regulations.... you will be Garda vetted, whatever company you work for is obligated to do a 10 year background check (any criminal record is a no-go, points on your licence won't help and airside driving applications)
    With that in mind, it can be a lot more beneficial to apply through agencies as they have the manpower, time and resources to keep plugging for the refs.

Regarding driving the little buggies (all I can think of now is Raj from Come Fly With Me:D), OCS are the only company who look after passenger welfare services. They also have the cleaning company for both T1 & T2. I'm not 100% certain, but I think they recruit themselves.

Don't forget there are many, many businesses within the two terminals that can be overlooked.

Now is the time to be submitting your CV's, the airport services work 4 - 6 months in advance and the summer 12 season is top of most service providers agendas.

Good luck;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Try Gategourmet beside Air Lingus!! Always hiring

• Advertisement
Advertisement