Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox arcade

Options
  • 07-02-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

hi looking for a bit of help ,my son has an xbox arcade version not a slim one,he needed more memory so i bought the xbox 360 250gb harddrive but we dont know where it goes. looked at videos of where to put it but none of the xboxs were the version he has so havent a clue what to do with it ! can the one he has take a new hardrive ? totally clueless here so any help would be appreciated thanks. (cant afford to by him a new xbox at the mo) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

is it the new hdd or the old one? the newer one (for the slim xbox) will not auto attach/insert to the old arcade xbox machine. i'll get links now to show the difference

does it look like this or the new one which is this?

the first one is the one to go one the old (non-slim) xboxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

the second one is the one i bought so is it the first one that i need? If so where could i buy it ? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yep, you bought the wrong one, thats an internal HDD where the old xbox 360s have an external HDD that just simply clips onto the side of the console(or top of console if you have it standing up). Some game stores should still have the old version in stock or get yourself onto ebay, amazon, etc, the usual online retailers.

second hand harddrives may be a more cost effictive option as well, keep an eye on adverts.ie

Advertisement