Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Meter Reading

Options
  • 07-02-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I would like to find an answer to my following questions:
    • I would like to know on what day I have to read the meter
    • If the meter reading is always on the same day/date every other month.

I already send a few emails to ESB but... well, don't want to get into that right now. And waiting in line on the phone just takes too much time and doesn't bring answers either. :(

I would like to read the meter, type the number in online and know how much our bill is going to be. Last time we read the meters, sent the numbers (we got day & night reading) through and got two bills: One for our reading and another one for an estimated reading about 10 days later. I would like to avoid that from now on.

Thanks for reading through my post.

In hope to find an answer here...
    Carmen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scw

Just got an answer. That was quick! Thank you very much. However...

this link: http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/domestic-customers/metering/submit_meter_reading.jsp does not do it for me. Sorry!

The problem with this is that nobody ever called us and asked us about our meter reading. BTW, I'm working from home - which means I'm home most of the time.

Thank you anyway. I guess we'll just have to continue to live with that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It sounds like you need to set up your account online which will give you detailed information like your bills for the last 18 months and your next bill date which will give you an idea of when to read the meter, it also has a section to submit your own readings.

https://youraccountonline.electricireland.ie/ebilling/public/remote_register.jsp use this link to register your online account

When you are registered you can then login here https://www.esb.ie/esbcustomersupply/residential/manage-your-account/index.jsp

signing up to this will stop your paper bills but you can ring the ESB to have paper billing reinstated if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scw

Thank you so much!

I was sure we registered already. But I double-checked ;) - just in case. Yup, registered already.

Logged in... sure enough I found it this time :o

next bill due (approximate)

How could I overlook that every time I logged in? I'm truly sorry for the trouble I have cost. And, once again:

Thank you very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

No trouble caused in asking a question:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement