Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel/Petrol Prices

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Diesel- 157.9
    Petrol- 159.9 at Esso station at the Callan Roundabout

Diesel-153.9
    Petrol- 154.9 at Top Oil in Callan

Diesel- 153.9
    Petrol- 154.9 in Carroll's Knocktopher

Diesel- 156.9
    Petrol-157.9 at the service station across from Lidl's Loughboy.

I think i'll stick to paying 151.9 in Redbridge, Waterford :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I took petrol at the 'cheap' place in Hebron on Saturday. It was 167.9. I did a double take when I saw the price but it was cheaper than the Topaz at 169.9. Yesterday (Sunday) I was happy to pay 164.9 at the Amber in Waterford and passing Redbridge I asked the kids to try and see how much it was and they said 157.9 so I thought it was probably wrong. When I got home I did my usual duty call to my parents to say we'd arrived back here safely and mentioned the petrol prices to my mother and she said that she'd paid 154 in Dungarvan on Saturday.

I don't think I've ever gotten a proper answer as to why Kilkenny petrol stations gouge the feck out of us! :mad: And also why Topaz charge so much more than most other places - surely as probably the biggest chain in the country they should be selling petrol at the cheapest price in order to encourage custom and because they get a better bulk price or does it not work like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

^^^^^^
    Don't have answers to any of your questions, I'm afraid, but one piece of advice would be to check the following site before your next trip to Waterford, or anywhere else for that matter:

http://www.pumps.ie/

Don't fill your tank before you travel. Have enough to get you to your destination and then fill up when you get there. Takes a bit of planning and watching the dial. I reset my milometer after every fill so always know approximately how many miles I can drive before filling again. I can then plan where I will re-fill next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I took petrol at the 'cheap' place in Hebron on Saturday. It was 167.9. I did a double take when I saw the price but it was cheaper than the Topaz at 169.9. Yesterday (Sunday) I was happy to pay 164.9 at the Amber in Waterford and passing Redbridge I asked the kids to try and see how much it was and they said 157.9 so I thought it was probably wrong. When I got home I did my usual duty call to my parents to say we'd arrived back here safely and mentioned the petrol prices to my mother and she said that she'd paid 154 in Dungarvan on Saturday.

I don't think I've ever gotten a proper answer as to why Kilkenny petrol stations gouge the feck out of us! :mad: And also why Topaz charge so much more than most other places - surely as probably the biggest chain in the country they should be selling petrol at the cheapest price in order to encourage custom and because they get a better bulk price or does it not work like that.

Petrol prices at Redbridge are 167 and in dungarvan 165. It's 167 in ferrybank so it's cheaper in Waterford but not by that much

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

Don't get me started on Topaz...the last one on the castlecomer road [used to be the statoil]...I have posted on this place before.
    They are always the most expensive for petorl and diesel but try buying something in the shop and you will be screwed..the price on the shelve has absolutely no connection to the price that comes up when they scan it....sorry, i must correct myself...there is a connection and that is that the price that the products scan at is always much higher than the price on the shelf.

I have banned myself from going in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

161.9 for pertol in the two stations on the way into Tramore if any of ye are down that way. Tramore service station and Pickardstown service station.
    Im in Waterford city myself and making a weekly trip out for a walk on the beach, fish and chips and a full tank of petrol.:pac:

gobo99 wrote: »
    161.9 for pertol in the two stations on the way into Tramore if any of ye are down that way. Tramore service station and Pickardstown service station.
    Im in Waterford city myself and making a weekly trip out for a walk on the beach, fish and chips and a full tank of petrol.:pac:

Jayus is it really that cheap there? I think its worth a spin out there so.....happy days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭500sel

Anyone hear about amber comming to kilkenny City soon?
    Not sure where but they should give Top/Topaz a run for their money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

500sel wrote: »
    Anyone hear about amber comming to kilkenny City soon?
    Not sure where but they should give Top/Topaz a run for their money

Noticed it last night! It's the one on college road..diesel at €1.55:D..

Yes I spotted it on wednesday.
    The Texaco station on College road, They were removing all the Texaco signs then so I assumed it was there all right.

• Advertisement

New amber station 167 petrol, 165 diesel, and that crazy price of 169 in the esso garage down from it. They up their prices every chance they get.:mad:

S28382 wrote: »
    New amber station 167 petrol, 165 diesel, and that crazy price of 169 in the esso garage down from it. They up their prices every chance they get.:mad:
    I got diesel there today and was sure it was 155 p/l

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Drove passed the black quarry station yesterday and the diesel was 154.9

500sel wrote: »
    S28382 wrote: »
    I got diesel there today and was sure it was 155 p/l

Sorry I thought I wrote 155 oops

Advertisement