Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wants to walk, but only with me.

• 07-02-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

Tegan has been acting weirdly lately, well, weirder than usual.

OH and I alternate dog walking days so that one of us can cook dinner while the other walks the dogs. Recently she's started trying to get out of walks when my OH is taking the them. She'll walk with me no problem. When he gets the harnesses out she comes and sits under my feet, won't go to him when he calls, and after the harness is on she'll keep sitting by my feet and ignore him until I get up and walk her to the door; if I then go back to the living room she follows me. I swear that she feigned a limp last week so she could stay home with me.

It's kind of sweet to be so adored, but annoying at the same time. OH loves the dogs, and is great with them, in fact he probably plays with them more than I do. Any ideas what's going on in her head?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Maybe go with him someday to see if he's doing something differently. Walking a different route past something she doesn't like perhaps or something simple like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's not that; he generally takes them to the canal - one of her favourite places in the world. I'm the one who's likely to take them on boring walks around the streets. We tend to walk together at weekends, so I don't think he's doing anything I wouldn't do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Do you cook better than he does? :D

I'm sorta serious.... if my dog even gets a hint of anyone going near the front door she's on her way out except if my husband has just arrived home... which generally means he's getting his dinner so there are nice smells and a (small) chance of scraps in the kitchen. Poor doggie runs back and forward from me at the front door (walk) to him in the kitchen (nice smells and food) and only when I actually open the door and make to go without her will she make the choice.

Do you give her any titbits when you're cooking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I usually don't start cooking until after they've gone, but I guess it's possible that she figures I'm a softer touch for carrot tops and the like.

Advertisement