Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chiropractor

Options
  • 07-02-2012 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Can anyone recommend a good chiropractor (or PM to warn me where not to go) around Letterkenny would be best but will travel about an hour if necessary. Would rather not go to gaeltacht if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There's just the 3 of them listed for Donegal in The Golden Pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Just a visitor

Thanks. It is just so risky and I'm afraid to get a bad one. I was hoping someone might have experienced treatment

Yes. I am a coward but so much can go wrong:o

Thanks. It is just so risky and I'm afraid to get a bad one. I was hoping someone might have experienced treatment

Yes. I am a coward but so much can go wrong:o
    I have been to physios and osteopaths in the past and never had any problems. But it's quite natural to be concerned so maybe a visit to the doctor first might alleviate any concerns and/or perhaps they may be able to refer you to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

There is a very good Physio Therapist in Letterkenny, Ive heard very mixed reactions to some of the Chiropractors, and would recommend the Physio as would a few people I know that did go to the CHiropractor

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I went for a handful of sessions with a chiro a few years back, paid for by my work insurance, and imho its the biggest load of bunkum. Its all black magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jmark

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its all black magic.

I thought you were going for the big pun - It's all back magic

Or you could try a couple of these

cat1_4.jpg

cat2_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

well ive just spent 8 weeks at donegal chirocare in donegal town and at least i'm not in constant pain now (in fact this week is the frist week i havent woken up in the night from the pain). the back just locked up completely before christmas. (i'd been ignore a long standing niggling ache for 3 months) as ever with chiropractors as long as they dont claim they can cure everything and stick to spinal posture issues - that tends to be how i judge them.

ive been to chiroprators where i dont find any difference as well, seems to depend on the injury in my case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

I would 100000% recommend chiropractic care as I have seen what a difference it has made for me & my husband. Black magic my *#/!

My husband had chronic pain for most of his life and was the the point he could barely walk. It did take some work with a chiro over several months (1-2 times/week), but because of it he can now fully function without pain. He did some manual work on our house last summer & completely locked up again - he couldn't sleep, could barely get out of bed, and after a couple sessions with the chiro he was 100% again.

I recently locked up & was in agony for a few weeks before finally going, and within 1-2 sessions with the chiro I was back to good again.

If you're experiencing back/shoulder/neck or any joint pain, you can go to the GP & they will prescribe pain pills. That will make you feel better but will not solve the problem.

There are massive differences in the techniques used by chiros. My husband has now had 5 chiros (we moved/chiros moved/etc) and each one was completely different. I have been to 2 chiros and they couldn't be more different from each other. The methods of the first I despised, the 2nd (Donegal Chirocare in Donegal Town) I cannot recommend highly enough.

I would have it out with anyone who claims chiropractic care is hocus pocus.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 globcar

Try Kevin Ginty in letterkenny, in the cabin beside the community centre. He's very good, have been using him for years & never failed. Ring him on 074/9124297 and leave your name & no. and he'll ring you back. Only downside is that he only takes the calls on a tuesday but will ring you back that evening. Also he wont keep telling you to come back if its not needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭december83

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

Jimmy Myler in Omagh is the only man to go to only for him i wouldn't be walking today , Prince Charles even comes over to get treated by this man , he's only 60 euro a time and well worth that imo , pm me for his number , i can't recommend him highly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Has anyone ever heard of Naprapathy? I've used a naprapath a few times now and I've found that they're the only ones that can take away my back pain completely. It's 18 months since I last visited one and feel pretty good still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Just a visitor

Thanks to everyone who helped out here. I am going to book Donegal Town as they come highly recommended.

This can be closed now.

Advertisement