Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finished my high spec rig [Image Heavy]

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Small bit offtopic, but why would you need second one? I got gtx 570 and I wanted one more, but after having some thought in it I decided not to. It runs everything now and it won't be too extreme jump from ati 7 ( 7 series are lovely and powerfull :D ). I will upgrade when I will hit the wall with current gpu. Which will be only awile from now. Grx580 is even better. It runs everything, so why waste money to add more power if you won't even use it out. The only game that will benefit: bf3, but even bf3 runs like a boss on single 580. ( unless you go multy monitor setup ). Wait for next gen. Upgrading each gen is good, but these days jumping over a generation or two is really possible with not much of perfoamce loss.

The problem is that its BF3 that I play. Over 250 hours so far! :D

At the moment I have 2 Dell 27" U2711 monitors, they run at 2560 x 1440. Even with just one monitor on, if I play BF3 at that res, then with settings at ultra, Im only getting between 30-40fps. I think the problem is due to the fact my GTX580 only has 1.5GB of RAM, from things Ive read, it seems maybe with such high resolutions, that the 3GB card wouldve been better. I will buy another U2711 so that I have three monitors and I can surround game with them. Probably not in BF3 because that wont help me play better, but for iracing and other driving sims.

Ive been playing with everything at ultra at 1080p and it plays great, but the annoying thing with Nvidia cards, which I didnt know at the time, is that you must be in SLI to use surround gaming, whereas you only need one ATI card that runs eyefinity.

Advertisement