Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Flash from scratch

Options
  • 07-02-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking to learn some basic flash, not so much for web design but for elearning modules. I'm currently using some rapid design programs (adobe captivate / presenter) that create flash output but can be limited at times.

I have no clue where to start so any basic help (no matter how obvious it might seem) would really help.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

oakshade wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm looking to learn some basic flash, not so much for web design but for elearning modules. I'm currently using some rapid design programs (adobe captivate / presenter) that create flash output but can be limited at times.

I have no clue where to start so any basic help (no matter how obvious it might seem) would really help.

Many thanks

As a matter of interest considered trying them through HTML5?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

TonyStark wrote: »
    HTML5 - the elearning platform of choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

p wrote: »
    TonyStark wrote: »
    HTML5 - the elearning platform of choice!

Only issue is my html is worse than my flash. Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

oakshade wrote: »
    Only issue is my html is worse than my flash. Help!

I would recommend HTML also, along with JavaScript, most especially along with a JavaScript library such as JQuery.

HTML is more future proof than Flash, and more supported.

I know of a company that makes award-winning e-learning software and they use Adobe ColdFusion and heavy use of JavaScript prototypes.

Can't offer much advice on using Flash other than to follow the tutorials that come with it or the many available online! I'd guess that you could probably even find code samples of what you want to create online.

Advertisement