Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premanent ban from soccer

Options
  • 07-02-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭

I was banned today permanently for receiving a yellow card for telling someone i though they were acting the dick, I read the guidelines that constitutes abuse and there is an example there of a mod saying they think its ok to say someone actions are acting the dick but its not ok to say the person is a dick, i just said i though the person was acting like a dick.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56561133&postcount=2

I was then told i was perma banned because i racked up 8 yellow cards in one season, i told the mod i was already punished for 3 of them at the start of the year and served a ban but he then told me the all count for one season, he told me i read the charter i should know this, well i read the charter and it says the season runs from july to july.

I was under the impression that after coming back from my ban and getting through probation i was in the same position s the other posters in the forum.

The mod also promised me he would remove one of my yellow cards from the racism thread, but he has not done this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hi i was wondering could someone have a look at this please.

Update if anyone is out there.
    The mod made an honest mistake and has reinstated me to the soccer forum.
    I would like to appeal my last yellow card and my second yellow card from the racism thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Unfortunately, the CMods are all tied up with Real Life at the moment, hence the delay.

I will see if I can do anything.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the CMods are all tied up with Real Life at the moment, hence the delay.

I will see if I can do anything.

No panic man, I can post away again so take your time.

I said i would give this a bump before it falls off the first page, there seems to be nobody answering these disputes from the soccer forum, i have sent PMs to mods, everything seems to be ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'll look into this for you.

Just for clarity: Which yellows are you appealing? (please provide a link to the post) Also can you forward me on the PM's that you got no reply to please.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76932815&postcount=1009

That's the latest one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75522045&postcount=1543

Thats the other one.

The one in the racism thread i got two in a few mins, i was replying on my phone at work and didnt see the mod note to cut it out, i did not appeal it at the time as the mod told me he would overlook it as it caused me to be banned, I though he meant he would overturn it when in fact he meant he was just ignoring it for the sake of a ban which i appreciated.

Dont worry about the PMs, i know the mods are busy, on the top infraction, i have seen this term several times in the soccer forum, i find it very harsh.

Righto....I've removed the yellow from the racism thread since the mod was going to ignore it. I'm not inclined to reverse the other one. My feeling is that it's intended for use when discussing a third party and not to give you free reign to effectively abuse another poster by using the charter. I'll clarify this with the mods though.
    niallo27 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that after coming back from my ban and getting through probation i was in the same position s the other posters in the forum.

Not in the slightest. You have racked up a heap of bans and a heap of infractions in that forum. It's clear that you're a lot of trouble for the mods in that forum and they will rightly base their interaction with you on previous trouble that you have caused.

My guess is (and I would support this) that your next ban from that forum will be permanent. I think you're only a hairs breadth away from that right now based on the 6 yellows rule in that forum.

Khannie wrote: »
    Righto....I've removed the yellow from the racism thread since the mod was going to ignore it. I'm not inclined to reverse the other one. My feeling is that it's intended for use when discussing a third party and not to give you free reign to effectively abuse another poster by using the charter. I'll clarify this with the mods though.

Not in the slightest. You have racked up a heap of bans and a heap of infractions in that forum. It's clear that you're a lot of trouble for the mods in that forum and they will rightly base their interaction with you on previous trouble that you have caused.

My guess is (and I would support this) that your next ban from that forum will be permanent. I think you're only a hairs breadth away from that right now based on the 6 yellows rule in that forum.

This was based on my orginal permanent ban which was done by mistake by a mod, I was refering to the fact that i would need 6 infractions when i came back to get a ban.I only had 3 and i was given a ban and told read the charter, I would argue that i am a lot of trouble in the forum, i post quiet a lot in the soccer forum so i think most regular posters have quiet a few infractions, its just a lot of the more regular posters are immune from getting infractions.

I just think certain mods find it impossible to be impartial, the phrase about acting the dick i was yellowed carded for was repeated by another poster a day later and i reported it and nothing was done about it.

niallo27 wrote: »
    This was based on my orginal permanent ban which was done by mistake by a mod, I was refering to the fact that i would need 6 infractions when i came back to get a ban.I only had 3 and i was given a ban and told read the charter

Fair enough. I misunderstood that bit.

If you think someone's getting unfair favourable treatment you should consider bringing it up with the Cmods (with examples). Currently Sports is effectively CMod-less though that will hopefully change in the very near future.

I think this dispute is resolved so I'm going to mark it as such. I'll leave it open in case you want to bring up something else related (solely) to the dispute though.

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote: »
    Fair enough. I misunderstood that bit.

If you think someone's getting unfair favourable treatment you should consider bringing it up with the Cmods (with examples). Currently Sports is effectively CMod-less though that will hopefully change in the very near future.

I think this dispute is resolved so I'm going to mark it as such. I'll leave it open in case you want to bring up something else related (solely) to the dispute though.

Cheers for your help, I don't think I'll bring anything up with the C-mods, the mod in question had two threads opened about him lately and they got no where, I just think this was handled very badly by the mod in question, it was clear as day he made a mistake with my ban but it took him 4 days to lift. I was then told to stay away from topics about his club.

Ok. Thanks. I think we're done here. Closing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement