Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip hop dance classes

Options
  • 07-02-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

I've been watching Got To Dance and that Ashley Banjo secret dance crew thing on Sky and I would LOVE to learn hip hop or street dance

have a bit of rhythm (granted it's when I'm drunk) and fancy meself as a bit of a groover on the rare occassion I manage to go out and fall into a disco

Are there any classes around Waterford does anyone know? I'm being serious now..don't be taking the michael:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I don't know of any proper dance classes, but as far as I know, there's a modern dance exercise class on in Spirit on the quay on Mondays 7ish. It might tickle your fancy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Wasn't there a Dance Crew called Breakbeat or something like that in town, they were tipped for big things, it was for kids and teens but I remember chatting to their Head Tutor one night in Ten (that's how long ago it was) and she ran a separate class for adults and tried to sign me up. I was drunk so said yes, but didn't seem like such a good idea the next morning! She was really sound though, and had crazy moves. I know this reply is pretty much useless but there might be a lead in there somewhere! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

batm!ke wrote: »
    Wasn't there a Dance Crew called Breakbeat or something like that in town, they were tipped for big things, it was for kids and teens but I remember chatting to their Head Tutor one night in Ten (that's how long ago it was) and she ran a separate class for adults and tried to sign me up. I was drunk so said yes, but didn't seem like such a good idea the next morning! She was really sound though, and had crazy moves. I know this reply is pretty much useless but there might be a lead in there somewhere! :o

Breakbeat is no more unfortunately however Tobi Omoteso does hip hop classes down in the Edmund Rice centre on the Manor on Monday evenings.

I don't know if he has an age limit but he is highly talented. His audition for Got to Dance was shown a few weeks ago, he Got 3 stars and Really positive comments. I'm sure if you sent him a message on Facebook or just popped down some Monday evening he'd help you out.

Advertisement