Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good dinner for valentines night

Options
  • 07-02-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recomend a nice place in city centre for a meal and bottle of wine on velentines night, preferably someplace quiet if possible,i know all places will be packed so quiet might not be possible, also some place possibly not filled with foreigners on holiday and wont break the bank.not lookin to spend top dollar just a nice meal for 10 - 25 euro per person..

Also if any places have any special events or soemthing with the meal,some kind of performance or music or a special valentines thing i might be interested in that also rather then just a meal in a little restaurant

id appreciate any info as its first time with gf for valentines in many years :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Don't do it. Rip off. Make your own.M&S will probably have a deal on. Make her dinner, nice desert, open fire, jiggy jiggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Don't do it. Rip off. Make your own.M&S will probably have a deal on. Make her dinner, nice desert, open fire, jiggy jiggy.

thanks mate,i would be up for doing this another year but as its first one ive had in a few years id like to go out for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

CyberJuice wrote: »
    thanks mate,i would be up for doing this another year but as its first one ive had in a few years id like to go out for it

Fair enough but be prepared to be handed a bill while your still chewing the main. Restaraunts in Dublin have a policy of get them in and out as quick as possible on valentines night. Don't expect to be sitting anywhere for more than an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

For the night go to The Beatles Experience at The Tivoli. This will make her happy and save you the hassle of a meal. Go for a meal the following weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

dan1895 wrote: »
    Fair enough but be prepared to be handed a bill while your still chewing the main. Restaraunts in Dublin have a policy of get them in and out as quick as possible on valentines night. Don't expect to be sitting anywhere for more than an hour.

i did go up to joels about 6 years ago,was waiting in the lobby for over an hour and a half,place was packed,like sardines.. after drinking about 4 or 5 bottles of beer by the time we got our seat i didnt really have much room in my belly for the food,i ended up wasting alot of food,only ate mayb half of it.. we did have 2 or 3 coctails each after the meal,and sat at our own leisure,nobody hasseled us for bills or anything.maybe thats coz it was pretty late by then and there was nobody else waiting to be seated..the bill was pretty expensive,the coctails were 15 euro each! wont be drinking them again lol. that was about 90 euro without including the bottles i drank earlier or the food and the tip.. celtic tiger madness

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

For something to do, have a look at Temple Bar Cultural Trust's "A Date With Dublin" programme for Valentines. http://templebar.ie/Event/A_Date_With_Dublin Loads of events on, including outdoor movies. Bring a blanket, dress cosy, cup of hot chocolate, jiggy jiggy to follow after? (Not in Meeting House Square ;) )

What about somewhere like Madina on Mary St for dinner? Not exactly a romantic setting, but delicious food and very well priced.

If you want a guaranteed place anywhere you'd want to be booking now I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dont go out on valentines, its crap and places serve mediocre food. go out on the wednesday instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridgepeople

A lot of people recommending not going out on Valentine's night here!

I'm going to buck the trend and recommend a few places:
    The Winding Stair, The Pig's Ear, Eden, The Chameleon, The Whitefriar Grill, Green 19

Those are all nice places in my opinion. Atmospheric, good food and decent value. I would guess they will all have set menus on for Valentine's night so ring around for prices and availability.

Advertisement