Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Mullane quits Waterford panel!!

Options
  • 07-02-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Heard this this evening on the radio. If it's the case then it's a massive loss for Waterford. Apparently down to family reasons. He has been great for Waterford and will be hugely missed this year!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

did he not say say he was taking a few weeks off and he said he will be back, so the rte website says after he was on the radio show this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Christ almighty, he's only taking a few weeks off! Everyone is going mental.

www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2012/0207/mullanej.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Whats the story here lads?

he is just taking a break,and i'll bet he will be togging out in waterfords championship game this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Perhaps you're right, just heard a report on Radio Nova so mightn't be the most accurate but with Lar Corbett having quit the Tipperary panel, nothing would surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

sack the county board

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

sack the county board

why sack the county board?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Wenger out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Free Nelson Mandela!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

One word of abuse of anyone involved and i'm locking the thread and giving the perpetrator a little holiday. The Eoin Kelly thread was a pain in the arse so keep it nice and civil please. This is the only warning lads.

As Always, any questions PM me.

I wonder is it anything to do about him not getting the captaincy? Anyway, I'd say he will be back for the championship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Edz87 wrote: »
    I wonder is it anything to do about him not getting the captaincy? Anyway, I'd say he will be back for the championship.
    Not sure what way it works in waterford,but do the club champions nominate the county captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

#blamesuarez

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

billythepig for manager and county board chairman, he knows the score, and is in no way creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ziedth wrote: »
    One word of abuse of anyone involved and i'm locking the thread and giving the perpetrator a little holiday. The Eoin Kelly thread was a pain in the arse so keep it nice and civil please. This is the only warning lads.

fook it, dont care anymore lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

ziedth wrote: »

Might be better to lock any GAA threads here and direct people to the GAA forum? Likewise with the threads on household charges, tv license etc that have nothing to do with Waterford they could be directed to the politics forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Might be better to lock any GAA threads here and direct people to the GAA forum? Likewise with the threads on household charges, tv license etc that have nothing to do with Waterford they could be directed to the politics forum.

Sometimes I'd agree with that and others not. The GAA ones could be locked alright because the discussion of Waterford issues in the GAA forum is mostly from a Waterford perspective anyway. The tv license one has no local element to it so that could go. But things like the household charge etc serve a purpose in that they're for discussion of a national topic from a local perspective so I wouldn't just rule all things like that out automatically.

Advertisement