Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Cale, The Button Factory, Dublin October 3rd.

Options
  • 07-02-2012 11:10pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭

John Cale, The Button Factory, Dublin, May 4th. tickets on sale Friday 9am

Foggy Notions (who else?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Get there early to shout for Antarctica Starts Here.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Great shout, Cheers. Didn't hear about that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

lovely, thanks op,
    for those fans watching their euros's tickets.ie will have some for sale as well
    http://www.tickets.ie/event.aspx/john-cale-the-button-factory-dublin-04-May-2012/QTVPE

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ticket bought.

This is with a full band too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

hopefully he'll turn up this time. Not sure he's been back since his no-show at Vicar street a few years ago.

• Advertisement

Have tickets too. This will be a good one I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Belfast date added
    CQAF in association with Strange Victory presents
    John Cale
    8.00pm, 3 May 2012
    Festival Marquee, Custom House Square
    Belfast
    Tickets: £15.00

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

indiewindy wrote: »
    Belfast date added
    CQAF in association with Strange Victory presents
    John Cale
    8.00pm, 3 May 2012
    Festival Marquee, Custom House Square
    Belfast
    Tickets: £15.00

half the price of here too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

4th May

https://www.tickets.ie/event.aspx/tickets/john-cale-the-button-factory-dublin-04-May-2012/QTVPE

I've sent my regrets in being unable to attend, others please enjoy the legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Should be a cracking gig alright!

There is already a thread here tho....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056542740

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

Bought my ticket today, looking forward to it. I saw Lou Reed a few years ago too so it'll be nice to get the other major play of the Velvets out of the way!

Shame he won't be doing Paris 1919 with an orchestra like he was last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

david_etc wrote: »
    Shame he won't be doing Paris 1919 with an orchestra like he was last summer.

Unquestionably one of the greatest albums ever made.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

Unquestionably one of the greatest albums ever made.

Yeah, I wouldn't disagree with you. It's weird though, I mean most people who are "into music" know about The Velvets and stuff, but a surprisingly large amount of big music fans never got into any of Cale's solo stuff. I've found when I mention Paris 1919 I either get the response of "what an incredible album" or "I've never heard it".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I've got my ticket and can't wait. It should be a great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Finally got round to getting a ticket yesterday.

Delighted to see he will have a full band with him, should allow him to do justice to some of the great songs from Paris 1919 etc.

Anyone see him live before?

lordgoat wrote: »
    Ticket bought.

This is with a full band too.

I hope this concert hasn't been postponed like a lot of Cale's other dates!

There is a notice on his website saying the Album has been delayed and pushed back now for an Autumn release. The statement also reads that the dates that can be re-scheduled are in the process of been done, but, the dates that can't will be played as scheduled.

There is no notice of the concert been canceled or re-scheduled on the Ticketmaster or Tickets.ie websites, but I have noticed the date has been taking down from the tour dates page on Cale's site.

Does anybody know more about this?

Noticed that on his website too but thought it was just sloppiness as the site looks like its not that regularily updated.

Damn - was getting excited about this gig as well.

I hope this concert hasn't been postponed like a lot of Cale's other dates!

There is a notice on his website saying the Album has been delayed and pushed back now for an Autumn release. The statement also reads that the dates that can be re-scheduled are in the process of been done, but, the dates that can't will be played as scheduled.

There is no notice of the concert been canceled or re-scheduled on the Ticketmaster or Tickets.ie websites, but I have noticed the date has been taking down from the tour dates page on Cale's site.

Does anybody know more about this?

Does anyone know if the gig is going ahead as planned?

Just got email from ticketmaster and they are still selling tickets for it , so fingers crossed.
    Suas11 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the gig is going ahead as planned?

Mods can remove if they need to, I sent some Pm's there cause I wasn't sure if I could post, but I will anyway. It's not announced till tomorrow but the gig is being moved to sometime in November. It's a shame but at least it is not cancelled completely :/

• Advertisement

CiaranK wrote: »
    Mods can remove if they need to, I sent some Pm's there cause I wasn't sure if I could post, but I will anyway. It's not announced till tomorrow but the gig is being moved to sometime in November. It's a shame but at least it is not cancelled completely :/

Thanks for the heads up Ciaran!

The date is back up on Cale's site now, It's actually been rescheduled for October 3rd, Which is pretty annoying as I was getting really hyped up as the date approached, but ah well, as you said better later than never! be good to have heard the new album before the gig too!

Although it seems the Belfast date is staying as scheduled, perhaps a road trip is in order!

Anyone else going to the rescheduled gig or knows who the support acts will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I didn't even know he'd rescheduled. That's two Irish dates in a row that he's messed people around on. He's not that interested in pleasing his fans. Glad I didn't bother after being caught once.

Yeah I'm going.
    The original ticket is still good for the rescheduled gig.

New album not due out until October so may not get to hear it before the gig.

Anyone know if he'll bring a full band this time?

Anyone else going to the rescheduled gig or knows who the support acts will be?

bullpost wrote: »
    Yeah I'm going.
    The original ticket is still good for the rescheduled gig.

New album not due out until October so may not get to hear it before the gig.

Anyone know if he'll bring a full band this time?

I think his new album comes out the day before the gig.

I hope to be going to see Cale again!

I seen him in Belfast in May earlier this year, Very good gig!
    He was backed by a three piece band, (bass, drums, guitar)

One of the most impressive bassist I've ever seen!!!

The reason Dublin and a lot of other gigs were pushed back was because the album was delayed, Cale put a statement up on his web site praising Double Six records for taking an interest in the music and allowing time for it to be finished properly, He was already committed to playing Belfast as it was part of the Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival.

He played a couple of new songs at that gig, but none that I recognize from the track listing of Shifty Adventures in Nookie Wood, which is released October 1st.

Here is the first single....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOv9c0S5FyY

and the second......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtC2418nNcU

I have my fingers firmly crossed for Chinese Envoy and Look Horizon to be played in The Button Factory!!!

Also maybe a mod can change the date in the name of the thread, the gig is now on October 3rd

I hope to be going to see Cale again!

I seen him in Belfast in May earlier this year, Very good gig!
    He was backed by a three piece band, (bass, drums, guitar)

One of the most impressive bassist I've ever seen!!!

The reason Dublin and a lot of other gigs were pushed back was because the album was delayed, Cale put a statement up on his web site praising Double Six records for taking an interest in the music and allowing time for it to be finished properly, He was already committed to playing Belfast as it was part of the Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival.

He played a couple of new songs at that gig, but none that I recognize from the track listing of Shifty Adventures in Nookie Wood, which is released October 1st.

Here is the first single....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOv9c0S5FyY

and the second......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtC2418nNcU

I have my fingers firmly crossed for Chinese Envoy and Look Horizon to be played in The Button Factory!!!

Also maybe a mod can change the date in the name of the thread, the gig is now on October 3rd

Hated Face to The Sky when I heard it first a week or so ago, actually put me off the gig when listening, but now I really like it. I'd say this album will be a grower. I Wanna Talk 2 U is a great track. This gig is gonna be rocking! Can't wait for it :D

Does anyone know if he ever plays any of the songs from his days in the Velvet Underground or from his albums Fear and Paris 1919? I like his new stuff too but it'd be great to hear him play some of his older work as well.

Does anyone know if he ever plays any of the songs from his days in the Velvet Underground or from his albums Fear and Paris 1919? I like his new stuff too but it'd be great to hear him play some of his older work as well.

Not too sure of the setlist, I'm hoping so :)

If he played this I would be over the moon!!!

• Advertisement

Advertisement