Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy Query

Options
  • 07-02-2012 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Folks I have query regarding redunancy, cut long Story short, my other half was made redundant 4 weeks ago having worked in her position for 2 years. Former Employer has said that the liquaditor will be looking after everything now and has nothing to do with her since her company is in liquadition, is this correct? She received no RP50 form or any lump sum from employer when she left, I thought that she should have received rp50 form upon leaving. The other half has been in contact with liquaditor since but they refused to answer any questions on what is going on, they just said that they are still going through Paperwork. Any info appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fg10291

It does sound correct i'm afraid. Was made redundant in 2010 after our company suffered a similar fate. All payments relating to redundancy and notice periods were in the hands of the receiver. Following the company closure the receiver convened a meeting of staff (this took place about a week after it closed). At the meeting all stall gave over details and rp50 come out in post some time later. Our notice pay came through quite quickly but we waited 9 months to receive our redundancy. Almost 2 years later we are still waiting for our pensions to be aorted out so we can transfer them into bonds, and we are still waiting for the balance of our notice pay (this depends on your contracted notice period)

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

fg10291 wrote: »
    It does sound correct i'm afraid. Was made redundant in 2010 after our company suffered a similar fate. All payments relating to redundancy and notice periods were in the hands of the receiver. Following the company closure the receiver convened a meeting of staff (this took place about a week after it closed). At the meeting all stall gave over details and rp50 come out in post some time later. Our notice pay came through quite quickly but we waited 9 months to receive our redundancy. Almost 2 years later we are still waiting for our pensions to be aorted out so we can transfer them into bonds, and we are still waiting for the balance of our notice pay (this depends on your contracted notice period)

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. Actually got something in post today some form to complete for liquaditor.

Advertisement