Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poor coverage with Meteor

• 07-02-2012 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Just switched to Meteor from O2. Getting a lot of edge coverage where I used to have 3G. My partner was sitting beside me in town tonight and she had 3G while I was on edge! She's with three. Is this a Meteor issue? Had no complaints with O2 apart from the bills!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

All networks have different coverage but in most big towns there shouldn't really be a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

guil wrote: »
    All networks have different coverage but in most big towns there shouldn't really be a difference

But there obviously is! How can I resolve this apart from switching back to 02?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

You're going to have to change provider.

I live in swords.

My wife was with o2 for years. She has an iPhone for a few years now.
    Signal and 3G were fine in swords, dublin city centre and commuter route between the two.

She switched to Vodafone prepay for a few months, reception was the same.

She then changed to meteor for a special offer they were running, and the reception was shocking. She complained in the local meteor shop, and they essentially told her that this is how it is, and deal with it.

So she switched again to tesco mobile, and her reception came back.

I'm with three and I've no reception problems in our area.

So in short for us reception on iPhone is good for O2, Vodafone, tesco and 3. And bad for meteor.

I accept that signal strength will vary in different area's, so our experience will now hold true in other locations. But from my experience if your meteor reception is poor where you are then there is nothing you can do to improve this other than change to another provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

dancin wrote: »
    You're going to have to change provider.

I live in swords.

My wife was with o2 for years. She has an iPhone for a few years now.
    Signal and 3G were fine in swords, dublin city centre and commuter route between the two.

She switched to Vodafone prepay for a few months, reception was the same.

She then changed to meteor for a special offer they were running, and the reception was shocking. She complained in the local meteor shop, and they essentially told her that this is how it is, and deal with it.

So she switched again to tesco mobile, and her reception came back.

I'm with three and I've no reception problems in our area.

So in short for us reception on iPhone is good for O2, Vodafone, tesco and 3. And bad for meteor.

I accept that signal strength will vary in different area's, so our experience will now hold true in other locations. But from my experience if your meteor reception is poor where you are then there is nothing you can do to improve this other than change to another provider.

Bugger :mad:. This means that I can't tether at home like I used to do when I was with 02. Not much point in staying with them so. Thank God it's only a one month contract!

Advertisement