Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung galaxy s wifi problem

Options
  • 07-02-2012 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

i decided to try and use my new Galaxy S to connect to wifi at home.

The first few times it was fine now it refuses to to stay connected longer than 5 minuts if that .

i have a good signal and connect to my laptop via wifi the passwords are correct and im increasingly wishign i had kept my IPHONE!

can anyone help?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Have you tried connecting the phone to another wifi network to see if it has the same problem?

I'm not sure what you mean by " connect to my laptop via wifi". Do you mean that you can connect your laptop to the wifi?

Have you tried a factory reset of the phone?

And have you tried updating the software on the phone? If you press menu->settings->About phone->Software update->Update it'll tell you if there's newer software available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Have you tried connecting the phone to another wifi network to see if it has the same problem?

I'm not sure what you mean by " connect to my laptop via wifi". Do you mean that you can connect your laptop to the wifi?

Have you tried a factory reset of the phone?

And have you tried updating the software on the phone? If you press menu->settings->About phone->Software update->Update it'll tell you if there's newer software available
    Yea sorry i meant my lap top has no wifi connection issues .the thing is my gs will hold wifi as long as Im using it but when i leave it for a few min wifi goes. Yes the wifi works ok In my girlfriends house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Yea sorry i meant my lap top has no wifi connection issues .the thing is my gs will hold wifi as long as Im using it but when i leave it for a few min wifi goes. Yes the wifi works ok In my girlfriends house ?

Are you saying that phone doesn't disconnect from your girlfriend's wifi?

When the phone disconnects from your wifi are you able to make it reconnect?

And my other two questions from my previous post.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

My daughters galaxy mini keeps doing the same thing and I have to keep putting it in airplane mode then trying the wifi again . I now hate that galaxy mini phone. And all her apps disappeared last week

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

I noticed that my sons's galaxy mini started to have problems connecting to our home wifi. Tried the neighbours wifi - connected no problem. As the neighbours wifi link was weak, the connection was interrupted and the phone automatically connected to our home wifi. When I switched mini's wifi off and on again - it could not connect to home wifi? What's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I think there's an option to keep it on in wireless settings, somewhere under advanced. I've not been on a stock rom for so long I don't remember exactly, everything is different in ice cream sandwich

Advertisement