Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience of Irish Cultural Centre in Paris?

Options
  • 08-02-2012 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey,
    I was considering moving to Paris for the summer, maybe take some language classes at the Sorbonne. Accommodation is quite expensive so I was thinking of trying to get a room in the Irish Cultural Centre. Pretty sure I meet the requirements.
    I was wondering does anybody have any experience of living in the centre? I cant seem to find much in the lines of room photos or accounts from visitors.

Main questions I guess are...
    - What are the rooms/Facilities like generally?
    - Is there a curfew or anything?
    - Do they have catering facilities? if so self service or canteen?
    - Can you bring friends back to visit or stay over?
    - Has anyone ever tried my plan for themselves? If so how did it go?

Thanks Guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mill21

I lived in Paris last summer and yes accommodation is very expensive. Starting from 500/550€ for a shoebox - 7th floor no lift sort of thing to 700€ for something decent.

The Irish centre can be a good option because it's hard to get an apart without a french guarantor.

I was never in it but I know a few people who stayed there while looking for something more permanent. As far as i know its just a room (not sure about the bathrooms) and you can't have ppl to stay. Probably a shared kitchen. I think its quite popular for students. If you are going over alone with out any french or knowledge of Paris then I would think that its a good idea. As least as a starting point. It would work out cheaper too if its just for 3/4 months.

I was doing an internship so I wasn't really doing the same thing as yourself, I've been studying here for the last few years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

If you look on www.fusac.info you should find rooms in shared apartments for about €450-€500 per month

It's a horrible website which makes you load up the entire pdf file before viewing (+100Mb) but it's worth taking a look at.

Advertisement