Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boresnake for hmr, concerned!

Options
  • 08-02-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Anyone use a boresnake on their hmr? I was going to get one but I've heard of the small calibre ones breaking mid-pull :eek: any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I've been using the same two for 5-6 years and have had no issues with them.

I use one to get the initial build up out, and the other to clean up things a little more for periodic cleans, and before using patches with a flexable cable/patches. (Otis Tactical cleaning kit has a small cable thats suitable for cleaning a HMR with patches)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

I have the Otis small calibre cleaning kit; flexible cable, brush heads, patches and solvent. Does the job perfectly.
    img00411201106020921.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

I use a hoppes kit for cleaning,but I was just going to get one to stick in my pocket Des the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

Had a bore snake for the .22lr
    It was very very difficult to pull through. Actually had to tie the rope to a door handle once or twice to pull it through :confused:
    It did leave it clean as a whistle though !

Spent €30 on it and cant for the life of me find where I left it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I use one, string seems fairly strong. Just dont yank it.
    Buy a hoppes one and it should be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I used one on my hmr and never had an issue with it and it was the only thing i used

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    I used one on my hmr and never had an issue with it and it was the only thing i used

Same here, using one for years

Advertisement