Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vtos

Options
  • 08-02-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I would like to update my qualifications as i am unemployed at the moment and was thinking about doing a vtos course. My problem is i did a vtos course about 14 years back but all the exams i did at the time are now out of date. Anyone know if i can repeat this course as all the exams are different.

Have asked several people about this and get a diff answer every time. Rang vtos office and they said i could but my local vtos administrator said no. (when i rang them back a diff person wasnt sure)What is the real story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

glagirl wrote: »
    I would like to update my qualifications as i am unemployed at the moment and was thinking about doing a vtos course. My problem is i did a vtos course about 14 years back but all the exams i did at the time are now out of date. Anyone know if i can repeat this course as all the exams are different.

Have asked several people about this and get a diff answer every time. Rang vtos office and they said i could but my local vtos administrator said no. (when i rang them back a diff person wasnt sure)What is the real story?

It can come down to the local VTOS provider. I know in our area the centre has taken on people who have completed VTOS in the distant past for a second time but that was at the discretion of the VTOS coordinator. In the last year the regulations governing VTOS have been more strictly enforced and one of those is that you get one 2 year shot at a programme. Have you had a chance to go through the full story with the VTOS coordinator? If not try to get an appointment to speak to them to go through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 scottishriver

can someone please help me dont really know if i am in the right section so here goes, I am doing a 1 year vtos course and i have been offered a part time job on the saturday what i need to know is how many hours i am allowed to work and will i be taxed dont wont to take job if i get cut and taxed. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

can someone please help me dont really know if i am in the right section so here goes, I am doing a 1 year vtos course and i have been offered a part time job on the saturday what i need to know is how many hours i am allowed to work and will i be taxed dont wont to take job if i get cut and taxed. Thanks

I don't know about the taxation side of things but you can work on VTOS as its not a jobseeker payment once it doesn't interfere with your course. Details here:
    http://http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW70/Pages/EVocationalTrainingOpportunitiesScheme.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 26 glagirl

paperclip2 wrote: »
    It can come down to the local VTOS provider. I know in our area the centre has taken on people who have completed VTOS in the distant past for a second time but that was at the discretion of the VTOS coordinator. In the last year the regulations governing VTOS have been more strictly enforced and one of those is that you get one 2 year shot at a programme. Have you had a chance to go through the full story with the VTOS coordinator? If not try to get an appointment to speak to them to go through it.
    Thanks for the reply but have already done that last september and he told me that it is not allowed to repeat vtos. But when i talk to others i get a diff story. The thing is all my exams are out of date and no good to me. As i said i rang the education board and they said that it shouldnt be a problem. I did mention this to him but he said no and that is that i suspose but i hate how different information is available depending on who who talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 yellbell

I am struggling on a VTOS course at the moment. I have asked for help but my tutor told me if I needed help I would never have got on the course. I have been told that if I do not complete an assignment I will not be back in September. I asked would I be back if I fail it and the tutor did not know the answer.....any ideas???? I don't want to leave.:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement