Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun laoghaire shopping centre parking rates

Options
  • 08-02-2012 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hi folks for those who may not of noticed the 2 euro for 3hrs parking has now been cut to 2euro for 2hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

For any reason? Seems counter productive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I can't see anyone spending any more than two hours shopping in the place anyway so I couldn't see it making too much odds. Those that are staying longer are more than likely those using the place as a base and shopping up town or else those working in the place. .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I can't see anyone spending any more than two hours shopping in the place anyway so I couldn't see it making too much odds. Those that are staying longer are more than likely those using the place as a base and shopping up town or else those working in the place. .

Good point actually

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It used to be free on Sundays for 3 hours, I think, this has been removed and is now back to normal weekday rates.

Sony and Toymaster leaving could be a reason why but putting the parking price up won't bring any business in.

I was parked there on Saturday for just under the two hours. Never knew it had been reduced, thank god I didn't go over, I'd be raging!!

And FYI, if you go over the time, you are charged the full rate for the time you've been there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I got stung €10 for 3 hours last weekend. Was not impressed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

It's probably intended to catch those using the cinema. Who gets in and out of the cinema, and back to their car, in less than 2 hours?

Tordelback wrote: »
    It's probably intended to catch those using the cinema. Who gets in and out of the cinema, and back to their car, in less than 2 hours?

I can't imagine many people would park there for the cinema. You get 2.5 hours free parking in the cinema carpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

Yeah, and they blame Dundrum for "killing" the local business.

Between the sheer amount of knackers and junkies hanging around Dun Laoghaire, the poor choice in shops and the expense of parking there, there really is little incentive to spend time there these days. It's unfortunate as it's a beautiful little spot but has most certainly "gone to the dogs".

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vikkib5

It has just returned to its normal rate, that 3 hrs for 2euro was always going to come to an end it always had a board up as u entered there car park of when that offer was going to last till, I know, It eventually did last longer than it said but I have to say I prefer parking in the shopping centre than on the street as u pay for ur tickect after You come back from doing ur shopping, not like street parking were You have to pay straight away so u have to have ur coins ready to feed the meter and something u don't always no how long ur shopping will take so u either put to little in the meter or to much and sometimes run the chance of getting a parking ticket people use ur head choose the car park in the shopping centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The sequence to Dun Laoghaires downfall goes a little something like this

nimbyism-methadone clinic-commercial rents-more nimbyism- pay parking-dundrum TC-appalling quality retail-rates and rents-no patrons etc etc

its now in a Catch 22 of any and all of the above, good luck to anyone trying to arrest the slide

Advertisement