Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trials Evolution-Xbox Live Arcade

• 08-02-2012 2:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

what a brilliant game this is shaping up to be, the original was released in the summer of 2009, hard to believe its nearly been 3 years. This is looking like more than an evolution, closer to a Motorbike Littlebigplanet! unfortunately it will be an xbox exclusive but seeing that Redlynx have been taken over by Ubisoft, don't be surprised if future Trials Titles make it onto other digital services.

Some videos:

hopefully should be out after the Xbox Live House Party so maybe Late March or April, hopefully!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Insta-buy for me. Shaping up to be a cracking title. Looking forward to local multiplayer too.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Insta-buy for me. Shaping up to be a cracking title. Looking forward to local multiplayer too.

it will crash xbox live, i'll get this one as soon as possible, no demo or anything, the points will be primed for this!

must say though, im absolutely amazed by the mini-games, ffs, it looks like there is cars, micro machines, pinball, table football and a bloody first person shooter! it looks like the delay has been worth it, you can see the extra labour that has gone into this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

none of the tracks ive seen have seemed anyway challenging though

most of the fun of the game, once you got the hang of it and made it past the medium challenges was getting the hang of the master/hard tracks. granted there was also trying to beat your times on the easier tracks, but they didn't have the "i'm not going to bed until I beat this ****ING SECTION" element to them

none of the tracks ive seen have seemed anyway challenging though

most of the fun of the game, once you got the hang of it and made it past the medium challenges was getting the hang of the master/hard tracks. granted there was also trying to beat your times on the easier tracks, but they didn't have the "i'm not going to bed until I beat this ****ING SECTION" element to them

i think you will regret saying this!

most of the tracks they have been demoing all along have been beginner/medium tracks and they have already said that most of the multiplayer tracks are going be mostly easy flowing tracks, more focused on enjoyment rather than 4 guys getting stuck.

this wont be dumbed down and even it is, you can download everyone's custom made hard tracks anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

It's the 3d glorification of a 2d game. I really don't get why people are going mad over this. Looks boring as hell!

• Advertisement

chin_grin wrote: »
    It's the 3d glorification of a 2d game. I really don't get why people are going mad over this. Looks boring as hell!

because its a fun game thats easy to pick up and hard to master. Trials HD was a fantastic game, I'd much prefer to be playing Trials than witnessing the boring realistic brown enviroments of COD or Gears of War :rolleyes:

theres a reason why Trials HD remains the best-selling Xbox Live game, you obviously just don't get it.

did you play trials hd?
    boring it certainly was not

corcaigh07 wrote:
    most of the tracks they have been demoing all along have been beginner/medium tracks and they have already said that most of the multiplayer tracks are going be mostly easy flowing tracks, more focused on enjoyment rather than 4 guys getting stuck.

excellent, if they are the medium/beginner tracks then I'm delighted.

did you play trials hd?
    boring it certainly was not

excellent, if they are the medium/beginner tracks then I'm delighted.

yep, look through the youtube videos, the tracks they demoed a lot at shows etc last year was that one thats high up in the sky and the one where the rock hand closes after the rider touches it were definitely beginner/easy tracks.

redlynx know what they're doing and before ubisoft took them over, were highly involved with their gaming community in the forums and such, they do seem to listen and the trials community would be furious if there wasn't any hard/extreme tracks on the game.

they are also trying to make it more accessible to the casual gamer, they have said that they will have a few levels that will teach you how to do some of the little useful tricks like a bunny hop so that a less committed player has a chance to get past the harder levels. Multiplayer and the fun varied skill games are another part of that effort to make it more accessible.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If this is even half as much fun as Trials HD, then it's still going to be an amazing game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

If those level creation tools really are deep enough where you can create something like a first person shooter or pinball game then I cannot wait for this. Never played the original but I am hooked on some 2d clones on the Itouch at the moment. I have always wished for a supplement to LittleBigPlanet on the Xbox and this could finally be it.

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    because its a fun game thats easy to pick up and hard to master. Trials HD was a fantastic game, I'd much prefer to be playing Trials than witnessing the boring realistic brown enviroments of COD or Gears of War :rolleyes:

theres a reason why Trials HD remains the best-selling Xbox Live game, you obviously just don't get it.

You forgot the rolleyes emoticon to make that comment all the more patronising.

No, I don't lean towards games like CoD (I've never played any of the series nor owned any) or GoW (I do enjoy them but tend not to replay).

But you're right. I don't get the appeal of what is basically this game (below) with "snazzy" graphics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I don't get the appeal of lots other games either... you know what i do tho ? I stay the hell out of threads about those games !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh god that game used to drive me nuts!!! The later levels were ridiculous!!!

Must say, i'm intrigued by this, i must download the first one and see what all the fuss is about!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Trials hd was a great game! Got it when it first came out, hours of fun from it!!

Was great for havin mates over n we tryin to beat each others scores but multiplayer is going to make this even better than the first!!!

Anyone kno an expected release date? Or price?
    I'm guessing 800 or 1200 points?

Def no demo neede! Straight to buy it!

creativedrinker, the game will be 1200 points, the original is still usually 1200 and since it is a xbox live arcade title, i dont think they can charge more than 1200, even though they probably could get away with charging more for this one.

Magill wrote: »
    I don't get the appeal of lots other games either... you know what i do tho ? I stay the hell out of threads about those games !

Oh I get it. Because I'm not milking my teets all over my Xbox in anticipation for this game I not entitled to an opinion on it?

Grow up.

You forgot the rolleyes emoticon to make that comment all the more patronising.

No, I don't lean towards games like CoD (I've never played any of the series nor owned any) or GoW (I do enjoy them but tend not to replay).

But you're right. I don't get the appeal of what is basically this game (below) with "snazzy" graphics.

never said you did. and come off it, dont be so trollish and suggest that basic SNES game is the same basic game as Trials, its not the graphics that get people hooked on Trials, its a XBLA title, there are better looking games out there. its the physics and gameplay that hook people in.

doesnt look like to me that you have played trials hd so a thread about its sequel is hardly the discussion for you....you don't see me in the Call of Duty or World of Warcraft forums telling everyone "I don't get it and I'm still right!".

that game is nothing at all like trials
    it doesnt even have the right number of wheels

never said you did. and come off it, dont be so trollish and suggest that basic SNES game is the same basic game as Trials, its not the graphics that get people hooked on Trials, its a XBLA title, there are better looking games out there. its the physics and gameplay that hook people in.

doesnt look like to me that you have played trials hd so a thread about its sequel is hardly the discussion for you....you don't see me in the Call of Duty or World of Warcraft forums telling everyone "I don't get it and I'm still right!".

:confused:

(No, I think someone else mentioned CoD and GoW just wanted to get my point across that I'm not some twelve year old pumped up on sugar and caffeine and thinks that these Michael Bay games are the be all and end all).

My point is (and I swear I'm not trolling), that it's the same premise. Exactly. You go from left to right pulling off stunts. I just don't see how it's so popular! (Hmm, I'm sure the same goes for Doom..........but I liked the original and the new one so.....Yeah, oh THIS door? Grand so. :pac:)

you dont go from left to right pulling off stunts though

well, you do in the multiplayer I guess
    but the main game is about figuring out how to do the track, how to arch your bike over a particular bump in the track, how do take a certain jump so you fly backwards at the end and land on your back wheel but not with too much momentum because you have to keep that wheelie going and power forward over the next jump

then once you've figured all that out, you have to do it all in one go without crashing your bike. then you have to beat your time :)

the video I should have posted earlier. there are 5 groupings of tracks in trials hd, and the previous 4 are all just training for these ones. they're bastards

• Advertisement

:confused:

(No, I think someone else mentioned CoD and GoW just wanted to get my point across that I'm not some twelve year old pumped up on sugar and caffeine and thinks that these Michael Bay games are the be all and end all).

My point is (and I swear I'm not trolling), that it's the same premise. Exactly. You go from left to right pulling off stunts. I just don't see how it's so popular! (Hmm, I'm sure the same goes for Doom..........but I liked the original and the new one so.....Yeah, oh THIS door? Grand so. :pac:)

its not just left to right, it really isn't. you have to control the bike through the course. play the demo, it really doesnt sound like you've tried the game at all.

EDIT:Sir Chicken explains it better than I did.

I download Trials HD at half 7, played it until half 9 (when i had to stop to go to work :mad: ), but i have to say i am well impressed so far. Just got the hard levels unlocked, along with the bike, and it's getting freakin' hard! Can't count the amount of times i've revved too hard and gone head over heels!

At 100msp i thought it was still a bit saucy for a game whose sequel is out soon and probably for the same price, but so far it's worth it, and will probably lead to a day 1 buy for this new one!

I download Trials HD at half 7, played it until half 9 (when i had to stop to go to work :mad: ), but i have to say i am well impressed so far. Just got the hard levels unlocked, along with the bike, and it's getting freakin' hard! Can't count the amount of times i've revved too hard and gone head over heels!

At 100msp i thought it was still a bit saucy for a game whose sequel is out soon and probably for the same price, but so far it's worth it, and will probably lead to a day 1 buy for this new one!

yea trials hd should be permanently reduced alright, its been on sale a few times before, now would be a good time to reduce it for 800 points

that said, fair play for giving it a go!

yea trials hd should be permanently reduced alright, its been on sale a few times before, now would be a good time to reduce it for 800 points

that said, fair play for giving it a go!

800 would have been perfect, but i said shur why not. I already had 240 points so only needed to get the 1000.

Also, i'm amazed at the graphics of it, extremely well done, and all in only 250mb odd!

have a look at some of the minigames, the pinball and flip ones are great. fun and bloody hard after a while

looking like April 18th now for this one

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Nope, nothing to do with whatever the hell that crap is.

But, it IS basically this game (below) with "snazzy" graphics.

And as a huge bonus, while looking for this game (which I wasted far too much of life on), I found out that there's an update version Elasto Mania with a shareware version. There goes the next year of my life...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

looking like April 18th now for this one

April 18th and 1200 points is confirmed.

http://mobile.theverge.com/gaming/2012/3/22/2893713/minecraft-xbla-release-date

not long to go now!

• Advertisement

i only discovered today there was a second track filled dlc for trials hd that I had never played
    kinda wish I hadn't bought fez now
    some of the "new" tracks are pretty fun(soul destroying)

Advertisement