Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Gardai Station Phone number

Options
  • 08-02-2012 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Online everywhere it says the number is 353 51 874 888, There has been a few times when I needed them and tried this number and could not get true. Does anyone have the number that is in use at the moment and they really should have their number a little easier to get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The 1st google result of "Waterford Garda station phone number" :

Waterford is in the Waterford Division and in Waterford District.

Waterford Garda Station,
    Patrick Street,
    Waterford,
    Co. Waterford.

Tel: +353 51 305300
    Fax: +353 51 305382 (Public Office)

District HQ: Ballybricken, Waterford City
    District HQ Tel: +353 51 305316

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

305300 is the one they use.
    Not trying to be funny but 999 also works. :confused:
    874888 is the one they used to use years ago when my Ould fella was working there.

Waterford/kilkenny district iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

The first Google result for 'Waterford Garda Phone' is http://findaddress.citizensinformation.ie/service_finder/bycounty/Waterford/Waterford%20City/Garda%20Stations

I spent ages trying to phone this broken number one day that I saw a hazard on a road and couldn't get through.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They have multiple numbers.

051 305300 is the one they use but you may hear of different numbers.

999 rings a different number in the station that is only used for emergencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

its all the one if they had 100 telephones in that barracks, they never answer the phone when you need them, lazy gits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

The 1st google result of "Waterford Garda station phone number" :

Waterford is in the Waterford Division and in Waterford District.

Waterford Garda Station,
    Patrick Street,
    Waterford,
    Co. Waterford.

Tel: +353 51 305300
    Fax: +353 51 305382 (Public Office)

District HQ: Ballybricken, Waterford City
    District HQ Tel: +353 51 305316

http://findaddress.citizensinformation.ie/service_finder/bycounty/Waterford/Waterford%20City/Garda%20Stations
    that is the first google link ;)

Sully wrote: »
    They have multiple numbers.

051 305300 is the one they use but you may hear of different numbers.

999 rings a different number in the station that is only used for emergencies.

Thanks I will save that number into my phone for future emergencies, I saw people trying to kick in the door a couple of houses down last night and I was trying to call the cops.

When they saw me looking out they cleared off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

deisedave wrote: »
    Thanks I will save that number into my phone for future emergencies, I saw people trying to kick in the door a couple of houses down last night and I was trying to call the cops.

When they saw me looking out they cleared off.

999 Is the only number in that situation

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

999 Is the only number in that situation

I am probably naive but I thought 999 was for like very big emergencies but in the future I will just ring 999, its alot easier than trying to find their number.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I am probably naive but I thought 999 was very like very big emergencies but in the future I will just ring 999, its alot easier than trying to find their number.

Indeed it is. Only use that number if its a life or death situation, or you need to contact the Guards in an emergency and don't have their number to hand.

di-I6WD.jpg

http://www.google.ie/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Waterford+Garda+Phone'#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=Waterford+Garda+Phone&pbx=1&oq=Waterford+Garda+Phone&aq=f&aqi=g-b1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2774l2774l0l13289l1l1l0l0l0l0l148l148l0.1l1l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=b948d12211692233&biw=1024&bih=677

That is what you said to google and the first link is not the right number so you are wrong. The point of this thread is not suppose to be a pissing contest, the point was for me the get the number so in the future if I see anyone in trouble I can call the guards.

Thanks to people for the help and if the mods want to lock this thread they can because I got the information I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

999/112 is an emergency number and should only be used if there is any immediate threat to life or property. It shouldn't be used if whatever has happened and is over.

051-305300 is the station number, and you'll get through to the same people, only that the 999 costs the taxpayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

999/112 is an emergency number and should only be used if there is any immediate threat to life or property. It shouldn't be used if whatever has happened and is over.

051-305300 is the station number, and you'll get through to the same people, only that the 999 costs the taxpayer.
    I taught 999 gets threw to a central office and then distributed to what ever service you need/??????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

That is what you said to google and the first link is not the right number so you are wrong.
    In fairness to TiltedBrain, if you search for "Waterford Garda station phone number" as suggested then you'll get the correct result. If you search for "Waterford Garda station phone" as you've done then you won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

jo06555 wrote: »
    I taught 999 gets threw to a central office and then distributed to what ever service you need/??????

999/112 is a private company paid for by the state for each call received. They get the call, determine which service (fire/ambulance/gardai/coastguard) and route it through to the relevant HQ, ie: calls for the fire service in the Munster Region all go to the central centre in Limerick.

Thing is, if you are in, say, Dungarvan, and you ring 999 for a non-emergency for Gardai in the Dungarvan area, you will still get routed through (the company have to route all calls) but you will go through to the Divisional Headquarters for Dungarvan, ie: Waterford. You will then be told you need to ring the Dungarvan station number (058-48600) which is wasting time and costing money.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

Hey guys...

Slightly off topic...

I'm having a lot of hassle with teenagers on my street (14-15) years old... they kick footballs around, hitting our walls and cars a lot. The damage to the cars are very very insignificant but it's moreso the noise and the ball sometimes lands in my yard.

This is a constant thing at night time and during the day at weekends. we live in somewhat a cul de sac with a green nearby.

Has anyone had a similar problem, I know I am very restricted on my rights of what I can do. I had a confrontation with one of them today and needless to say I used a lot of unfavorable language with him.

Many thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

b0ardsUser wrote: »
    Hey guys...

Slightly off topic...

I'm having a lot of hassle with teenagers on my street (14-15) years old... they kick footballs around, hitting our walls and cars a lot. The damage to the cars are very very insignificant but it's moreso the noise and the ball sometimes lands in my yard.

This is a constant thing at night time and during the day at weekends. we live in somewhat a cul de sac with a green nearby.

Has anyone had a similar problem, I know I am very restricted on my rights of what I can do. I had a confrontation with one of them today and needless to say I used a lot of unfavorable language with him.

Many thanks in advance
    ya should get onto the gardai and have them send a community policing officer to sort out the hassle

ya should get onto the gardai and have them send a community policing officer to sort out the hassle

In fairness if I was a teenager playing football and was asked to move by some fella cursing at me I would not have moved, I would say his best bet would of been to ask them nicely.

Advertisement