Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

vibe666 wrote: »
    The nutty professor was on tv tonight (not my choice!) and I swear I saw a very young Diggle briefly in a scene in a comedy club, plus Fish from Gotham as the love interest.

Just checked his IMDB page and he was in Nutty Professor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Better episode this week. The revelation of Roy being Sara's killer is a good one. I don't agree with people saying it was 'just a dream'; I reckon that's the road they're taking with him, though probably somewhat indirectly (mind control, mirikuru etc). Diggle finally wears a mask, thank jaysus. Felicity was great as usual, Oliver was lame as usual. Show needs more Brandon Routh; easily the most charismatic actor they have. A love story between him and Felicity would be good watching. If Olly can stop being such a dumb, whiney prick, the show would be a lot better. I want to watch a show about the hero; not the moany bitch he is for the 99% of the time he's not doing something worthwhile.

Brandon as Ray is a great addition to the show this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Just caught up on latest episode. Roy's flips? Can anyone explain the purpose of them? :confused:

Don't think the whole moral of sticking by and believing in your partner was made all that convincingly. Still now sure of the point of the flashbacks in this season. Overall, not sure of this season at all. Every show deserves it's off period though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Turtwig wrote: »
    Just caught up on latest episode. Roy's flips? Can anyone explain the purpose of them? :confused:

I can't take him seriously when he's wearing the face mask, he just reminds me of the crappy Robin from Batman Forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Turtwig wrote: »

Don't think the whole moral of sticking by and believing in your partner was made all that convincingly. Still now sure of the point of the flashbacks in this season. Overall, not sure of this season at all. Every show deserves it's off period though.

Haha I'm always saying that , some man for the unnecessary flips, Christ sure there wasn't a minute gone in the new season and there he was a flipping away like a pancake. The same a few episode back he flips off the car and just gets a tranq dart to the neck, pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That cameo at the end was awesome
    Talk about raiding Spartacus for your villains ASHUR YOU **** as Captain Boomerang

That cameo at the end was awesome
    Talk about raiding Spartacus for your villains ASHUR YOU **** as Captain Boomerang

Yeah and this leads to the Flash/Arrow Crossover in two weeks time. Also
    loved how they are doing
    Captain Atom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ashur on Person of Interest. Ashur on Arrow. Probably Ashur on Flash.

Was anyone else expecting
    Iron Man type interaction with that computer render of the costume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Yeah and this leads to the Flash/Arrow Crossover in two weeks time. Also
    loved how they are doing
    Captain Atom

The Atom suit was the cameo I was alluding to :p which is why I spoiler tagged the Captain Boomerang ref, wonder will we see Mirror Master next as the Pied Piper is due to pop up in Arrow soon.

The Atom suit was the cameo I was alluding to :p which is why I spoiler tagged the Captain Boomerang ref, wonder will we see Mirror Master next as the Pied Piper is due to pop up in Arrow soon.
    Pied piper is appearing in the flash not arrow, mirror master would be class and captain cold will be returning to the flash with heatwave.
    In relation to the Atom seeing as they have said that there will be no powers in Arrow but in the Flash, one theory I read said that it could be a drone that does the shrinking and Ray uses the exo suit as a sort of control interface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I don't know. The boomerang guy at the end was pretty interesting looking however I think I'm just tagging along with this show now rather than being really into it. This week we got Ollie's whiney bitch act because Superman was sniffing around Felicity. This is the same guy who, a few weeks ago, had a whole dramatic scene where he pushed her away because he was convinced it wouldn't work. Sorry pal, you're the cause of all this and you either admit you've made a mistake or man up and accept the consequences of your actions. Whiney bitch is not an option.

For some reason I'm not finding the flashbacks as compelling anymore. I wasn't a fan of the island flashbacks really but they were better than the current bunch. I expected more from the relocation to China to be honest.

Is Arrow's stalker supposed to be a recurring character? I'm guessing because of the reimaged openeing sequence that it's somehow an important event but it was fairly meh IMHO. Thankfully there was no Laurel this week though which was a saving grace.

squonk wrote: »

Is Arrow's stalker supposed to be a recurring character? I'm guessing because of the reimaged openeing sequence that it's somehow an important event but it was fairly meh IMHO. Thankfully there was no Laurel this week though which was a saving grace.

Cupid is going to appear again as ign had an interview with her and she mentioned that she would have interactions with Brick who is appearing in the mid season finale

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Started watching this in the last few weeks and have finally caught up to date tonight. I absolutely loved the first 2 seasons, I thought it was cracking tv. This year so far seems quieter and not really sure what direction it's taking but I've no doubt it'll pick up like a train on fire like the 2nd half of season 2 did.

It was actually the 1st episode of The Flash that made me decide to watch so now I must watch the rest of those episodes. There's been a few too many will they/won't they moments with Oliver and Felicity but it's the CW so what can you do? Anyway I must read up on the show and stuff now that I'll be relatively free of spoilers bar the comic stuff obviously.

Cupid is going to appear again as ign had an interview with her and she mentioned that she would have interactions with Brick who is appearing in the mid season finale

Well they have suicide sqauded (not even a word??) her, so easy potential

Black Canary Spoilers
    There is going 3 part trilogy about Laurel becoming Black Canary with episode 13 called Canaries. Also Stephen Amell mentioned in an interview that Oliver will be missing in a few episodes after winter break

Black Canary Spoilers
    There is going 3 part trilogy about Laurel becoming Black Canary with episode 13 called Canaries. Also Stephen Amell mentioned in an interview that Oliver will be missing in a few episodes after winter break

Total meh.
    In season 1 Laurel was shown to have a good level of training (she disabled a guy in the club fairly quickly; that was all forgotten and now, after a few weeks of training she will be bad-ass?? FFS its as bad as Thea's anti burn superpower and her assassin level training after a few months away with Daddy

Total meh.
    In season 1 Laurel was shown to have a good level of training (she disabled a guy in the club fairly quickly; that was all forgotten and now, after a few weeks of training she will be bad-ass?? FFS its as bad as Thea's anti burn superpower and her assassin level training after a few months away with Daddy

I know:mad:
    Like it takes 6 months for Thea, Roy and Cupid (even though she was in SWAT) to get all badass , yet it takes Oliver 5 years. Can't stand Laurel as a character and I think its the same with most people. Sara will always be Canary for me
    Can't wait for the Flash/Arrow crossover next week though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I think it's an insult to the intelligence of viewers to have both Thea and Laurel transition from girly girls to badass assassins in a timeframe of months. Really if it was that easy we'd all be hardcore mercinary standard assassins. Five years for Ollie is believable though it could still be said that after five years you can do it all but haven't really perfected everything but I'll let that go because he has to show up as a kickass vigilante sooner rather than later.

I don't know why they had to get rid of Sarah. I'd sooner have gotten rid of Laurel tbh. It's like they started out with the intention she'd become Black Canary, and had her shown as fairly handy anyway. Then they changed their mind, brough Sarah in as Black Canary and then course corrected and reinstated Laurel on her original track, just killing off Sarah again and having Laurel take her place in an unbelievable few months rather than a barely more believeable 2 seasons.

I'm becoming very unconvinced with Arrow these days. It doesn't seem to have a particular direction. The no kill vow is lame and now they'll be
    Arrow-less
    for a a few episodes by all accounts.

squonk wrote: »
    I think it's an insult to the intelligence of viewers to have both Thea and Laurel transition from girly girls to badass assassins in a timeframe of months. Really if it was that easy we'd all be hardcore mercinary standard assassins. Five years for Ollie is believable though it could still be said that after five years you can do it all but haven't really perfected everything but I'll let that go because he has to show up as a kickass vigilante sooner rather than later.

I don't know why they had to get rid of Sarah. I'd sooner have gotten rid of Laurel tbh. It's like they started out with the intention she'd become Black Canary, and had her shown as fairly handy anyway. Then they changed their mind, brough Sarah in as Black Canary and then course corrected and reinstated Laurel on her original track, just killing off Sarah again and having Laurel take her place in an unbelievable few months rather than a barely more believeable 2 seasons.

I'm becoming very unconvinced with Arrow these days. It doesn't seem to have a particular direction. The no kill vow is lame and now they'll be
    Arrow-less
    for a a few episodes by all accounts.

It's down to how the show is written, Felicity was originally supposed to be in one episode but fans loved her so they had to change the show to include her. I'm guessing they originally planned for her to become Black Canary but saw how there was little chemistry between her and Oliver and decided to bring in Sarah instead. In season 2 they spent too long with her going off the rails instead of building up the character. It would have been better if Sarah actually started training her mid season 2 and the whole giving Laurel her jacket in the finale was her acknowledging that she was ready to become Canary. With the way it is now I'm hoping that she becomes Black Canary and works on her own with the odd help from Felicity but doesn't join Team Arrow until the end of season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I think a huge problem with the show currently is it's over reliance of fitting stuff to the comics. Ollie's no kill vow, the boxing arrow, what's next the goatee?. Black Canary. Did we even need a black canary this season? Now, they might surprise us all and do it really interesting. Hopefully both Thea and Laurel will still by all accounts be terribly skilled and scrape through their conflicts with luck rather than skill for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement

Interview with Guggenheim talking about Laurel, The Atom and Ra's Al Ghul

Looks like Laurel is not going to be as badass as we thought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Really hope they begin to develop Ollie's hand to hand skills in the flashbacks soon, as 3 years in to his "time on the island" he is still getting his ass handed to him.

Brandon Routh posted a sneak peek of the Atom costume
    http://instagram.com/p/v1eRuDugpM/?modal=true

Brandon Routh posted a sneak peek of the Atom costume
    http://instagram.com/p/v1eRuDugpM/?modal=true

Routh has shown, in a few Arrow episodes, that he was severely reigned back as Superman, in terms of acting.

Routh has shown, in a few Arrow episodes, that he was severely reigned back as Superman, in terms of acting.

Yeah he's actually perfect as Ray Palmer, he was great also when he played Shaw in Chuck.

From the video I posted earlier, it looks like the Atom costume is going to be amazing

They made him try to imitate Reeves (fine the lad is the bulb off of him) so much that he came across wooden. Loving his giddy energy as Palmer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Spoiler for Season 3 Episode 14:
    Slade Wilson/Deathstroke will be returning later specifically in episode 14 of Season 3

Very good conclusion to the Flash/Arrow crossover and Oliver got an upgrade to his suit. Next week is the mid season finale and looks epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Cracking end to the crossover.They really need to get these two guys onscreen a lot more.The CW network is putting out some quality shows this year.Off to watch The 100 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I don't know I didn't like the crossover. Too many good guys against one bad guy (with just boomerangs!). They have to get back to writing a strong season arc rather than pandering to comic fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ending was like the ending to Rocky 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Both crossover episodes were very good - I hope they do more of them.

They even went as far as splicing the music from both shows - little hints of the Arrow music in the Flash episode, and little hints of the Flash music in the Arrow episode. They put a lot of thought into it.

The CW is knocking it out of the park this year - 4 strong shows that I love.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Slade Wilson/Deathstroke will be returning later specifically in episode 14 of Season 3

How about a note that this spoiler is for way further into the series and not just for the episode most recently aired, in Ameriaca?

I've edited that post to add context.

I think I actually preferred this crossover to the one on Flash. The Flash episode was full of great fan service but the villain was weak(I know he was intentionally an after thought) . The Arrow on the other hand had similar levels of fan service, a better villain, better humour and its emotional beats landed all the harder from coming from a more honest place and not triggered by a meta human.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    The CW is knocking it out of the park this year - 4 strong shows that I love.

Just curious, which 4? I assume Flash, Arrow, 100 and ??? I watch those 3 and Whose Line is it Anyway on CW

Supernatural. :)

Ah yeah that's another I watch as well. Used to do Vampire Diaries but gave up near the beginning of the last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

I feel like I'm missing out by not watching the flash they kept referring to it

The Flash is excellent - you should start it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

really enjoyed those 2 crossovers thought it was 2 good shows combined to make an excellent show, the 2 casts really merged well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

The two crossover shows are the first I've seen of The Flash other than the earlier bit in Arrow, and tbh I don't think I'll be tuning into it. I found the characters, particularly Barry himself, quite annoying, and the guy in the wheelchair just isn't likeable. But what bothered me more is that no matter how much Arrow stretches the bounds of credulity, at the end of the day he doesn't have any superpowers. It just didn't feel right introducing characters into his world that do.

Straylight wrote: »
    The two crossover shows are the first I've seen of The Flash other than the earlier bit in Arrow, and tbh I don't think I'll be tuning into it. I found the characters, particularly Barry himself, quite annoying, and the guy in the wheelchair just isn't likeable. But what bothered me more is that no matter how much Arrow stretches the bounds of credulity, at the end of the day he doesn't have any superpowers. It just didn't feel right introducing characters into his world that do.

I'd watch the first few episodes of the show proper before casting judgment. Watching two crossovers where they are setting out to emphasise the differences in the two hero's /teams is maybe not the best way to judge a series. Watch up to episode 4 the one with Wentworth miller as Captain Cold, if it's still not your cup of tea then fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

What the crossover really did for me was highlight how fcuking annoying Ollie is. Everyone was having great fun in these episodes except him and it really has begun to grate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Straylight wrote: »

You need to remember that it's not "his world" - It's the DC comics universe. Anyone from the entire DC universe could in theory appear in a crossover episode.

Similar to the marvel universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

So much for no super powers in the Arrow universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

smcgiff wrote: »
    So much for no super powers in the Arrow universe.

Had they said that from the off?

Once we got "miracuru" I think it was only a matter of time

What the crossover really did for me was highlight how fcuking annoying Ollie is. Everyone was having great fun in these episodes except him and it really has begun to grate.

Yeah it's getting a bit annoying but I would be pissed too if I were after loosing a few billion.

On that, how are they still able to afford all their stuff??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

pah wrote: »
    Had they said that from the off?

To be honest, I've only ever read it on this forum. It looks like they decided the cross overs were too appealing.

Yeah it's getting a bit annoying but I would be pissed too if I were after loosing a few billion.

On that, how are they still able to afford all their stuff??

Yeah I think even though he lost the company and house he would still have a few million left that he only uses for Arrow supplies and equipment. All the trick arrows and costumes are made by a guy called Lodai from Bludhaven. in the Arrow Season 2.5 comic it shows Diggle going to Bludhaven to pay for the equipment and being told that he is paying too little.
    Also Oliver flew commercial to Corto Maltese.

• Advertisement
Advertisement