Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'm sure he'd have a trust fund no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I'm sure he'd have a trust fund no?

The sort thats put in "trust" till your 25 , I'm not sure what age Ollie is meant to be but I'd imagine if he didn't burn through that in his playboy phase he definitely has in his Vigilante phase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Not to sound bad but it could be
    his mothers life insurance payout
    he is living off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

What the hell happened to Walter Steele actually, don't think he's been mentioned once this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Do you want to canon answer or the real life answer?

I'd wager the actor playing him has better things to be doing. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Holy ****. Now that was how you do a mid season finale. Cracking episode

Lazarus Pit... That is all

Lazarus Pit... That is all

Yeah kinda obvious when
    Ra's said his last battle was 67 years ago
    Theory on
    who saves Oliver
    Either Maseo or Nyssa knowing that he didn't really kill Sara
    or Malcolm who decides to control Oliver the same way he did to Thea.( He obviously knew that Oliver had no chance against Ra'As)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

good episode ending was cool I thought it was going to turn out that it was
    Thea
    but this I prefer

CALLED IT!

what a Finale!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Jaysus! That was not expected!

Unexpected but its a fantastic way to end it.Roll on January.
    Great fight but it will be never as good as Spartacus vs Crassus from War of the Damned:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I loved how one sided that was. He got pummelled. He is in trouble the entire fight. Then at the end near the cliff when Oliver pulls a move and the Arrow music kicks in and you think "Oh Oliver has him now" and Ras just grabs the sword Neo style and throat punches him. :D

You can only root for a hero if there is danger of him losing. I love seeing the hero get thrashed. Seeing Merlin stomp Oliver in season 1 was one of my favourite parts of the show and this is no different.

Good episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was wondering why Ollie didn't swing both swords from opposite directions since Ra's kept dodging to one side.

I think Ollie will survive the same way Thea survived randomly jumping off her balcony. Unless Ollie's family is like the gelflings from The Dark Crystal and only the girls have wings.

And Laurel is doing well at not telling people that Sara has died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well my guess is Ollie will of course awake in a Lazarus Pit.... and this will lead to him becoming a servant of the Ra’s for the second half of the season.

This then gives The Atom his chance to protect the city.

One other thing if no one has challenged Ra's in 67 years where does Batman stand in this Universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Would be my guess that the reason the mountain is sacred to the league is it contains a Lazarus Pit as a trump card in case Ra's died during the fight, someone will get Ollie in and bring him back, question is who.

• Advertisement

Would be my guess that the reason the mountain is sacred to the league is it contains a Lazarus Pit as a trump card in case Ra's died during the fight, someone will get Ollie in and bring him back, question is who.

Barry will save him :)

Well my guess is Ollie will of course awake in a Lazarus Pit.... and this will lead to him becoming a servant of the Ra’s for the second half of the season.

This then gives The Atom his chance to protect the city.

One other thing if no one has challenged Ra's in 67 years where does Batman stand in this Universe.

Training in the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I guess they didn't want to tease something they couldn't deliver which is a shame because it could have been done so easily.

They could have had Ra's say you're only the second man to challenge me in the last 67 years, or making reference to Nyssa taking after her sister Talia in fraternising with outsiders.

That episode ending really was, in the words of the great Sen. Clay Davis
    "Well Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt....."

Barry will save him :)

Good guess, I am thinking Malcolm Merlin as he may have been the last person to challenge Ra's 67 years ago, he will know of the mountain as he was in the league and it was him that told Oliver of the protocol of making the challenge, by saving Oliver Merlin will have an edge both psychologically and personally over him.

• Advertisement

Good guess, I am thinking Malcolm Merlin as he may have been the last person to challenge Ra's 67 years ago, he will know of the mountain as he was in the league and it was him that told Oliver of the protocol of making the challenge, by saving Oliver Merlin will have an edge both psychologically and personally over him.

Jesus, I dunno about that. Malcolm doesn't even look to be over 50. I doubt he was the one who fought Raz 67 years ago and thrown into this Lazuras Pitt.id say just every member know where that location is

Ra's is over 600 years old give or take, the pit slows down ageing and brings the near dead back to life so Merlyn could be older than he looks.

Anyone figure out whose voice this is?

Anyone figure out whos voice this is?

Bruce Wayne:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Malcolm Merlin?

Malcolm Merlin?
    Yeah thought that myself

Sounds like Oliver himself, maybe he is going missing again.

Are we going to have an Atom series?

Anyone figure out whose voice this is?

That's Malcolm without a shadow of doubt.

I bet Oliver was working with Malcolm all along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Stephen Amell has said on facebook:
    Thank you so much for the enthusiasm spilling out of tonight's fall finale. I've never had anywhere near this amount of feedback. And by feedback, I mostly mean swear words. There were an awful lot of expletives.
    Seriously though: Despite the title, our show is bigger than any one character. We're going to prove that to you.
    Sit tight... January will be here in no time.

• Advertisement

ATOM steps into the hole that Ollie leaves for a few weeks so

Casting News
    Marc Singer has been cast as Matthew Shrieve who is the leader of a group known as the Creature Commandos. In 'Arrow' he will play a significant role in the latter portion of the season's flashback storyline.
    Singer's role is slated to be recurring following his debut in the 14th episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I loved Thea's " don't make me choose between you and my mass -murdering psycho father, that's so unfair!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just watched the finale... Wow!

Anyone else get a Batman vs Bane in the DKR vibe in the final fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Training in the league?

Bruce Wayne isn't a member of the League of Assassins. That was a retconned version of his origin for Batman Begins (which is why they're called the "League of Shadows" in the Nolanverse; BW would never join a league of assassins).

I think it's safe to say that Batman doesn't exist in this universe, without precluding the possibility that he could someday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ATOM steps into the hole that Ollie leaves for a few weeks so

Bruce Wayne isn't a member of the League of Assassins. That was a retconned version of his origin for Batman Begins (which is why they're called the "League of Shadows" in the Nolanverse; BW would never join a league of assassins).

I think it's safe to say that Batman doesn't exist in this universe, without precluding the possibility that he could someday.

Wayne enterprises has already been referenced in this universe though

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just curious, which 4? I assume Flash, Arrow, 100 and ??? I watch those 3 and Whose Line is it Anyway on CW

Supernatural :):):)

Wayne enterprises has already been referenced in this universe though

But Batman hasn't.

• Advertisement

But Batman hasn't.

Not a huge leap to Bruce in fairness. Imagine that they are watching Gotham's ratings with interest

Not a huge leap to Bruce in fairness. Imagine that they are watching Gotham's ratings with interest

Yeah. What I'm saying, though, is that Batman hasn't been introduced in this universe. So people saying that it's disappointing that he wasn't alluded to by Ra's Al Ghul doesn't really make much sense to me because why would he be? And, if he was going to be, why now? R.A.G. isn't the first of Batman's rogues to be featured in Arrow (or Flash). The point of Ra's's comment about not being challenged in 67 years was to let the audience know that he's old as fcuk and a total badass; not to throw in hints about a character that may not ever exist in this universe.

Spoiler Alert.Ben Afflecks Batman saves Oliver and takes him to the superheroes cafe to meet Superman where the three just chill for the day.:pac:

One could dream:(

Spoiler Alert.Ben Afflecks Batman saves Oliver and takes him to the superheroes cafe to meet Superman where the three just chill for the day.:pac:

One could dream:(

This is something they really did miss out on. Making the TV shows and movies exist in the same universe, I mean. Rocky though it was at the start, Agents of SHIELD is now an amazing annex to the MCU. If DC had done similar with Arrow, it coulda been a really layered universe.

Renewed for a fourth Season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

There is also an animated show called Vixen that will link to both this and the Flash

He's made it:D

Great episode back with good action and some very emotional scenes from Felicity and Diggle.
    Looks like it definitely wasn't the Lazarus pits that revived oliver

I really like Brandon Routh and would be happy to see him get his own spin off show.

Again way to many flashbacks again for me I know what they are trying to with them but the need to cut back on them or do a full flashback episode and get them out of the way.

Also Laurel has gone from addiction to Superhero in record time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement