Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Why was every single other missile target exactly two hours away? That makes no sense. Loads of targets should have been nuked.

And the positive vibes rubbish reminded me of the nonsense being used in Doctor Who to change him back from a wizened troll.

ixoy wrote: »
    Why was every single other missile target exactly two hours away? That makes no sense. Loads of targets should have been nuked.

And the positive vibes rubbish reminded me of the nonsense being used in Doctor Who to change him back from a wizened troll.

Point 1: Damn yeah

Point 2: But you're ok with the magics of Constantine and Darhk's death powered magic??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No. Nobody is okay with magic in a show like this. It's why so many fans tuned out this season.

Magic belongs in the realm of fantasy. And it's great in that. I love fantasy. But Arrow was a show grounded in reality. Go back and watch the first two seasons if you don't believe me. Nare a magical or superpowered person in sight.

We all love crossovers and they are great fun but lets face it. The world of the Arrow just doesn't belong with the supers like the flash and superman/girl. It doesn't mesh well.

No one gives out that Batman is in the Justice League.

Not that I disagree, per say, just wondering where people draw the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Kirby wrote: »
    Nare a magical or superpowered person in sight.

Mirakuru?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mirakuru wasn't in the beginning. Wasn't it the second season with slade? And that wasn't magic. It was based in science. a super serum of sorts. Slade didn't have a magic voodoo head to carry around and he couldn't force choke people. It just made him enhanced.

I'm just talking about tone. Arrows first season had a very different vibe, excuse the pun, to its current incarnation. It's why the Joker never shot Batman with lazers from his eyes in the Nolan movies. It didn't fit. And why when stick starts talking about mystical destiny and prophecy's in Daredevil, Matt tells him to stfu.

Tone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

What i miss in Arrow is the is the relationships between Ollie and people who didn't know he was Arrow his family and business people, I think the best way to say it I miss Oliver Queen the Playboy that element of the show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

McLoughlin wrote: »
    What i miss in Arrow is the is the relationships between Ollie and people who didn't know he was Arrow his family and business people, I think the best way to say it I miss Oliver Queen the Playboy that element of the show

I guess you will get that back somewhat with Mayor Queen in the next season which will also move somewhat away from the magical aspects of the previous season and as a result hopefully lead to a big improvement ...hopefully.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So we all agree less magic next season, make it more grounded. In that vein.. Can we dial down the extreme hacking? Watching Curtis, Felicity and the Calculator "hack" recently while that was on screen was some crappy screen saver hurt me.
    I know I can't expect "Mr. Robot" levels here but it seriously doesn't have to be that awful does it? Pretty please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,865 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah, the hacking is a bit like the Flash gong back in time. It's a 'get out of jail' card that they overuse. Also, trotting out that Felicity is the best hacker in the world line is irksome. I'm pretty sure that the top 5 guys in the world at this stuff wouldn't use that line. Heck, you never know anyway. They've seriously gone off the boil on this show. I know the first few seasons were slow and I can see now why people complained about that now if they expected Green Arrow to materialise after 5 episodes but you could see they were taking care with the character to build him up. This season it looks like they just didn't give a crap anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Season 5 premiers Wednesday, October 5th.

Former WWE star Cody Rhodes will appear on the show's 5th season.

http://comicbook.com/2016/07/02/stephen-amell-announces-cody-rhodes-will-appear-on-arrow-season-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Can we not keep future castings as spoilers, I want to watch the show as it progrossss without knowing who the f*^k is gonna be in it six months down the line.

Sound Thanks

Arrow's John Barrowman Promoted To Series Regular On All Of The CW's DC Shows

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/08/arrows-john-barrowman-promoted-to-series-regular-on-all-of-the-c/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ugh. Merlyn is played out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

David Ramsey (John Diggle) and Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer) were part of a Fan Favourite Panel at San Diego Comic Con and spoke a little about the Arrow-verse (mostly Arrow, but all shows got a mention so thought it worth posting this in all four threads)...

There will be an Arrow Panel taking place at SDCC today, so hopefully that will be uploaded and I'll post it here as soon as it is...

• Advertisement

Casting News
    Blindspot star Joe Dinicol to play Ragman
    in recurring role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Season 5 trailer:

Interesting bit at the end :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Slydice wrote: »
    Season 5 trailer:

Interesting bit at the end :eek:

Looks very promising. They've been saying that they're going back to basics for Season 5, less magic and more grounded in reality, and it looks that could be the case. Also Russians in the flashbacks should be decent. Here's hoping we can get Season 2 quality Arrow this year.

Looks like Oliver has gone back to having sleeves on his Green Arrow costume.

The big Bad is
    Prometheus
    but not the comic's version
    http://tvline.com/2016/07/23/arrow-season-5-spoilers-oliver-felicity-big-bad-comic-con-2016/
    Katie Cassidy
    will now be a series regular on all the DC shows
    http://tvline.com/2016/07/23/arrow-katie-cassidy-series-regular-flash-legends-of-tomorrow/

Malcolm Merlyn will be part of the
    Legion of Doom with Reverse Flash, Captain Cold and Damien Darhk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Spoilers people use the tags please.

I'm out of this thread!!
    At least until the series return anyway

• Advertisement

Spoilers people use the tags please.

Oops sorry about that, edited post to include spoiler tags

I believe there's another video to come for this panel and I'll post it when it shows up - I'm kinda just posting these as they appear in my YouTube feed so I don't miss anything... Still working my way around to watching them all myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I believe there's another video to come for this panel and I'll post it when it shows up - I'm kinda just posting these as they appear in my YouTube feed so I don't miss anything... Still working my way around to watching them all myself...

Cool, I don't think I've a hope of watching them all. I'm kinda picking and choosing at the moment.

Slydice wrote: »
    Cool, I don't think I've a hope of watching them all. I'm kinda picking and choosing at the moment.

I've watched hours and hours of panels and trailers yesterday and today (took a time out this afternoon to go see Star Trek Beyond) and I had pretty much put this weekend aside as if I were at Comic Con in San Diego. Gonna watch this Arrow panel and The Flash now (and maybe Supergirl too) before going to bed, but there's still quite a few more I want to see, so I'll still be watching them tomorrow evening and probably Tuesday evening as well. It's really nice seeing all the cast having a laugh outside of their characters.

• Advertisement

I keep forgetting Paul Blackthorne is British and always get surprised when he speaks in his own accent, even though I've known for years that he is indeed British.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I keep forgetting Paul Blackthorne is British and always get surprised when he speaks in his own accent, even though I've known for years that he is indeed British.

Loved the line
    I've time traveled before and know the way

Also Donald Trump line

As disappointing as Season 4 was, watching that Panel and Fan Questions just reminded me how much I love the cast and why I really want the show to do well, so I really hope Season 5 can manage to be the best season yet.

What's that? You thought we were done with all the Comic Con stuff? Well we're not even close to finished - I have quite a few more Arrow videos up my sleeve, that I'll roll out gradually, but first off here's John Barrowman doing classic John Barrowman stuff...

I've started an Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD in the Superheroes forum, which may be helpful when discussing crossovers or the universe as a whole, since not everyone watches all four shows and sometimes people get irritated if you start talking about Arrow in The Flash thread for example, so this could help with that...

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD

Dolph Lundgren
    to appear in the show's 5th Season

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I will kill you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I will kill you
    If he dies, he dies.

Casting news
    Jessica Jones actor Wil Traval to play Christopher Chance aka Human Target
    Tvline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

Casting news
    http://tvline.com/2016/08/18/arrow-human-target-season-5-wil-traval-cast/

Nice. I enjoyed that show.

BTW your spoiler tag isn't great.

pah wrote: »
    Nice. I enjoyed that show.

BTW your spoiler tag isn't great.

Fixed it there, didn't even notice that the link was a spoiler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Casting news
    Tvline

He reminds me of Chris Evans, I wonder could this lead to a spin off

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He reminds me of Chris Evans, I wonder could this lead to a spin off
    A reboot i suppose they could not try to link to original series or will it be totally different.

Well that was a breath of fresh air compared to the end of last season. Obviously a strong opener does not a good season make, but early indications are positive - no magic in sight and as promised it seems to be taking a more back to basics approach. As far as flashbacks go, Russia was always gonna be interesting and that started off well - best flashbacks since Slade Wilson (man I hope he makes a comeback of some sort this season).

Great start to the season, and not an ounce of magic in sight.

Mr E wrote: »
    Great start to the season, and not an ounce of magic in sight.
    How about hacking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So we are still getting flashbacks to five years before hand so does that mean next season's flashback will be to things going on in season 1.

Advertisement