Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LPG (autogas) Garages around Dublin?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭DrivingsCool

dainius wrote: »
    There is a small filling station in jamestown b.pk, finglas, next to irish school of motoring(ism). They gona open more stations across dublin soon cos they sell Lpg conversion kits as well do conversion training. Just finished training yeasterday, first car to convert will be my own p407.

I saw this pump today and could not believe me eyes. How can you buy it from there? is it self service?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭DrivingsCool

I had a mondeo 2.0 1999 when I lived in the uk that ran on LPG.
    It was fantastic but when I brought the car home I could never find an lpg pump so sold it when I was back in uk and there are tax incentives, like not conjestion charge in london etc so it sold for 2k more in uk, than as a normal petrol car here in Ireland.

I have to say although knowing about the reduction is performance, there was no difference in the mondeo. I had to start the car on petrol and then press a tiny button and then it went on to lpg itself. It kicked slightly and then you knew it was on.

LPG - Brilliant! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It should auto switchover to gas. No need to be pressing buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

It should auto switchover to gas. No need to be pressing buttons.
    Not all systems do this. I think thats a non-sequential system but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

I reckon any of the newer ones do.

Every recent conversion I've heard of is completely automatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Sequential vs non-sequential has nothing to do with this, that refers to timed and controlled singular vs air-mixed batch injection of the fuel.
    http://www.centralgarageadwick.co.uk/tartarini.htm#sequential

IMO, even 20years ago LPG systems generally autoswitch to and from Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ajamesr

after being in an LPG S8 today im convinced, the install is clean and well done (spare wheel tank) and theres definitley plenty of power from LPG

I'm keen to convert my 5 Series E39 in the next week or so. But all my research is turning up a consistant point:

LPG coversions are a worth while investment BUT only if done properly!!

I am concerned about the final quality of the job, some horror stories out there. I am in Waterford and there is a place in the town ( which I believe is only opened this year) & a place in Clonmel ( which again has only opened this year).
    I can't really find any info on their rep. I think both are using Polish Installers, which I think is good as conversion is so popular in Poland, so I'm guessing they have experience. I don't think they have enough work down here yet to have a full time guy in place, so I get the impression its a Dublin based fitter coming down to do the job - which again is not a bad thing if it means he has experience.
    But I would love to have confidence that a proper job is going to be done rather than crossing my fingers.
    Both are also offering special introductory installation prices which are pretty decent and both are selling LPG at about 75-80c/L which is the real draw.

If anyone has any advice or can recommend a place to have a good job done, I'm all ears (eyes).

I'll keep you posted on my progress through the whole process and hopefully its a success story - I would love nothing more than to coming back on and saying what a wonderful job and great success the whole thing was, rather than looking for advice on how to rectify a disaster.
    I'm in the motor trade myself, windscreen replacement, and I would love to be telling customers about LPG and how they should consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

ajamesr wrote: »
    I'm keen to convert my 5 Series E39 in the next week or so. But all my research is turning up a consistant point:

I am concerned about the final quality of the job, some horror stories out there. I am in Waterford and there is a place in the town ( which I believe is only opened this year) & a place in Clonmel ( which again has only opened this year).
    I can't really find any info on their rep. I think both are using Polish Installers, which I think is good as conversion is so popular in Poland, so I'm guessing they have experience. I don't think they have enough work down here yet to have a full time guy in place, so I get the impression its a Dublin based fitter coming down to do the job - which again is not a bad thing if it means he has experience.
    But I would love to have confidence that a proper job is going to be done rather than crossing my fingers.
    Both are also offering special introductory installation prices which are pretty decent and both are selling LPG at about 75-80c/L which is the real draw.

If anyone has any advice or can recommend a place to have a good job done, I'm all ears (eyes).

I'll keep you posted on my progress through the whole process and hopefully its a success story - I would love nothing more than to coming back on and saying what a wonderful job and great success the whole thing was, rather than looking for advice on how to rectify a disaster.
    I'm in the motor trade myself, windscreen replacement, and I would love to be telling customers about LPG and how they should consider it.

The only people i have heard negative experiences from is ones who used a car that they were told not to or people who didn't get it serviced often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dainius

ajamesr wrote: »

If a guys name in waterford is eddie or edvinas(Lithuanian name), then you are ok. I was buying lpg kits from him for the last 3 months-no hassle at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 easyja

I've converted my car in Tallaght autogas conversion centre.I'm very happy about it.It's been checked by my very fussy and critically engineers. All said only good words

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sorel

you mean LPGAIN. I only found this in Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 13 easyja

sorel wrote: »
    you mean LPGAIN. I only found this in Tallaght

they have web http://www.lpgain.com/index.php/contact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sorel

easyja wrote: »

have you seen the news. They want to give 300 liters of autogas for everyone. a little bit crazy!!!

Advertisement