Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number to check on licence

Options
  • 08-02-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi i know its here somewhere but can't find it again!! Am looking for the phone number of the crowd in Dublin who could let me know if my licence application is on the system. Gonna give my local guard one more call today and den gonna ring the Dublin crowd. Its three months now waiting.
    Thanks for any help.
    Richie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

RICHIE.39 wrote: »
    Hi i know its here somewhere but can't find it again!! Am looking for the phone number of the crowd in Dublin who could let me know if my licence application is on the system. Gonna give my local guard one more call today and den gonna ring the Dublin crowd. Its three months now waiting.
    Thanks for any help.
    Richie
    01 6661911 firearms policy unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭RICHIE.39

Thanks Lee70

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

Three months is a long time.
    I applied for two gun licences and had them back in ten days.

iTom wrote: »
    Three months is a long time.
    I applied for two gun licences and had them back in ten days.

couldn't get anyone to answer the phone in the garda station so rang the firearms section. got talking to a nice guy there and he said he'd deal with it. within two hours got a call from my super and said he'd had a word with the firearms sergeant and that it would be processed immediately. i asked him was there anything else needed on my behalf and 'no thanks you have all in order, its something needed on our side of things' so hopefully this will be done soon. i understand they can be under pressure sometimes but sometimes i feel they are just not bothered either. as alot of lads have said before you try to be honest and do things right but you're the first one to be treated like you have done wrong. makes you wonder about our system!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

I had to ring them today too to check on rounds on a licence, must have been the same lad i was talking to, very helpful and knew his stuff

• Advertisement

rgugliel wrote: »
    I had to ring them today too to check on rounds on a licence, must have been the same lad i was talking to, very helpful and knew his stuff

Fair play to him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

within two hours got a call from my super and said he'd had a word with the firearms sergeant and that it would be processed immediately. !
    Annoying as it is look on the bright side. Its getting done now.:cool:
    RICHIE.39 wrote:
    ..............so rang the firearms section. got talking to a nice guy there..............
    rgugliel wrote: »
    There are two regular lads in the FPU that are very helpful, informative, and fair. Have had to contact them myself on occassion, and the results were almost instant with them keeping in continuous contact with me throughout.

Couldn't speak highly enough of them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Credit where credit is due. nice to see some people do there job without bias.

Finally.... got the call from the wife today that there is post for me. as Im away with work til Friday i got her to open it and low and behold its the cert for the licence. almost four months and alot of civil phone calls later.... still i can't wait til Friday to get it paid for and finally get started... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Finally.... got the call from the wife today that there is post for me. as Im away with work til Friday i got her to open it and low and behold its the cert for the licence. almost four months and alot of civil phone calls later.... still i can't wait til Friday to get it paid for and finally get started... :-)

Get your misses to the Post office in the morning to pay the €80 and you'll have the license by Friday.

• Advertisement

Get your misses to the Post office in the morning to pay the €80 and you'll have the license by Friday.[/Quote]

i tried.that already Haha. however as she works full time and den 3 little ones to mind in the evenings she politely told me as only ones wife can do....to go run and jump hehe ...ah well. might manage to get one of the brothers or a mate to do it in the mean time ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Yzf R6

Congrats on licence,what type of firearm did you get?

Yzf R6 wrote: »
    Congrats on licence,what type of firearm did you get?

Cheers. i went for a cz452 22LR. Seemed to be a popular choice. haven't hunted in almost nine years so thought it'd be a good choice to start back with. ;-)

Seem to be a good rifle alright,I bought the same one but it's the silhouette synthetic model,can't wait to get licence now and start shooting at the club.

Yzf R6 wrote: »
    Seem to be a good rifle alright,I bought the same one but it's the silhouette synthetic model,can't wait to get licence now and start shooting at the club.

waiting long? Its a bloody nightmare. like waiting to catch santy in the act each day the postie came Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

great rifle, would'nt part with mine for the world. :)

waiting long? Its a bloody nightmare. like waiting to catch santy in the act each day the postie came Haha.

No, not long only applied on 25th feb,dealer reckons it will take 6 weeks.i didn't hear anything at all from them yet,some people say I should get a letter stating that my application has been received but nothing yet.Ha ha waiting for the post everyday alright but it's early days for me.

Didn't get any letter other than the one today and had to keep annoying the guards to get it done but at least Im finally there. hopefully you won't have the same trouble as me. best of luck. I'll keep an eye out for your announcement when you get it.

Cheers,good man and happy shooting.

Advertisement