Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Psychotic boyfriend kicked, punched and threw my baby around like he was a toy'

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Melion wrote: »
    I wish people would stop giving out about the girl in question who was 16 at the time and was basically a prisoner in her own home at the hands of this cúnt. Its all very easy to sit here on our keyboards saying she should be ashamed to have let this continue for 3 weeks without having lived her life or seen how she was treated by him.

Fixed that there for you. There's no way she hadn't one chance to get away in three weeks. I don't believe that for a second. She didn't live in a rural area, she could have stepped outside and called anyone for help. She stood back and watched as he brutalised her child. He could have murdered that baby very easily. He was an immediate threat to her child's life. She should be ashamed of herself, she's a disgrace of a mother, and a despicable human being. The fact that he wasn't charged for abusing her aswell shows that she wasn't touched. She's almost as disgusting as he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Beyond disgusting. Hope the lad gets everything and more he deserves for the rest of his life. Doing that, to a completely innocent child is crazy. Wouldn't mind if he was burned at a stake or something. Cannot believe someone could do that to a child, or even a human being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Oh my God, have just seen this.

Words fail me with regards to him, but how can the mother say that her child was being abused for three weeks and there was NOTHING she could do about it. Was she chained to the kitchen sink? How could she allow that to carry on and say she could do nothing.

And he gets three years!!!! He bit the child on the face. WTF!

That child needs to be as far away from that 'mother' as possible. The poor little boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

To clear it up, once and for all, the reason it was 3 years is the following:

It was assault causing harm, which carries a maximum term of 7 years. He would have got near 7 years if he pleaded innocent and the whole case went to court. But, because he pleaded guilty, the sentence gets reduced for a number of reason, some of which being the admission itself, no need for an overlong and expensive court case, no interfering of other peoples lives, and no need for the victims to attend court to give evidence (which is very hard for some). It is an incentive for a guilty plea, and an incentive in general usually has a good return for doing something, in this case a reduced sentence.

This is covered by Section 29 of the Criminal Justice Act 1999:

What bothers me, though, is subsection 2 of that Section, which allows the court to still give the full sentence if they were satisfied that there were "exceptional circumstances", which imo it did...

Then the law is an ass.

Why wasn't this degenerate up for attempted murder rather than assault causing harm?

Our legal system IS too liberal in nature and there are too many bleeding heart liberals only too happy to defend the rights of scumbags.

Scum like this guy and scum like these feuding gangs in Jobstown and Limerick should be interned on the word of senior Gardai until the law is sufficient to deal with them.
    If by "liberal" you mean too lenient, then agreed. But not wanting the state to torture and execute, for the good of society at large, is not the same as giving a sh1t about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

This is Ireland people. we live here. How can this happen. I tell you why because we live in a country of liberals, we have no justice here. we release criminals. The guards here should have been able to beat this man close to death. And he should never have walked free. he should have no kneecaps to be able to walk. we have a rotten country here. rotten to the core.

Yes, those bloody liberals:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Hopefully he gets put in a nice cosy cell withthis chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

he got a 3 year sentence , out of a possible 7.
    sentence was reduced because he pleaded guilty.

sentence overall should be longer for this crime.
    reduction for pleading guilty should be much much less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭vixen chaser

anyone who does that to a baby should be automatically charged with attempted murder. Anyone knows if you do that to a baby, there is a very high chance of Death. Hopes the pric get's an unbelievable hiding in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

2012 Rio wrote: »
    :mad::mad:He is a traveller it seems. I think then that, altough he was not the father, it is possible that the mother is also a traveller. I mean seriously, what normal settled person, even of the lower class, would shack up with a pikey.

I am infuriated at this, but somehow if it were revealed or confirmed that the whole lot of them, baby and all, were members of the travelling community, then I would not be quite so appalled. Scum. Waste. Thats what you expect from sub human filth like that.

Anyway, if what I read about what happens to child abusers in prison is any way correct, I sincerely hope that he has his asshole reamed on a daily basis in the showers.
    F*cker should be made an example of, pitch-capped and broken on the wheel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_wheel

WTF is wrong with you writing a post like that? There is so much wrong and disgusting with this, I don't know where to start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

2012 Rio wrote: »
    :mad::mad:He is a traveller it seems. I think then that, altough he was not the father, it is possible that the mother is also a traveller. I mean seriously, what normal settled person, even of the lower class, would shack up with a pikey.

I am infuriated at this, but somehow if it were revealed or confirmed that the whole lot of them, baby and all, were members of the travelling community, then I would not be quite so appalled. Scum. Waste. Thats what you expect from sub human filth like that.

Anyway, if what I read about what happens to child abusers in prison is any way correct, I sincerely hope that he has his asshole reamed on a daily basis in the showers.
    F*cker should be made an example of, pitch-capped and broken on the wheel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_wheel

Banned.

InReality wrote: »
    he got a 3 year sentence , out of a possible 7.
    sentence was reduced because he pleaded guilty.

sentence overall should be longer for this crime.
    reduction for pleading guilty should be much much less.

You know, it is just insane. A sentence of 7 years is imposed because of the seriousness of the crime. He then says yeah, I did it and gets 4 years off.

The crime isn't suddenly less serious, it is exactly the same.

Anyone that hurts a defenceless child/human being/animal is pure scum.

I wonder if he will be out earlier for good behaviour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The judge said that if Connors had not pleaded guilty, he would have been sentenced to near the maximum seven years in jail for the offence.

Just three years is disgraceful but that's pretty damn pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Teagwee wrote: »
    Where does it say she was 16? According to the article, she is 19 now and the attacks happened a year ago. Nevertheless, nowhere does it mention that the mother was attacked and hurt by Connors. She may well have been afraid and threatened but I still maintain that the normal instinct of a parent (and in particular a mother) is to protect her child at all costs.
    I cannot imagine anyone standing outside a locked door wringing their hands and not at least going for help. When this child grows up and hears of the sustained abuse, THAT is what he is going to have trouble with too.

Considering it happened in the town ive spent 26 of my 28 years, i like to think im fairly knowledgable on the case.

token101 wrote: »
    Fixed that there for you. There's no way she hadn't one chance to get away in three weeks. I don't believe that for a second. She didn't live in a rural area, she could have stepped outside and called anyone for help. She stood back and watched as he brutalised her child. He could have murdered that baby very easily. He was an immediate threat to her child's life. She should be ashamed of herself, she's a disgrace of a mother, and a despicable human being. The fact that he wasn't charged for abusing her aswell shows that she wasn't touched. She's almost as disgusting as he is.

You know all this do you?

Its incredible that there is no mention in that article of what he said to the guard in the station. "That bitch better hope i get life for this or im coming back for her"

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Its incredible that there is no mention in that article of what he said to the guard in the station. "That bitch better hope i get life for this or im coming back for her"

Not being funny, but were you there when he said that?

It is very easy for someone to say they heard something and then that is taken as fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

At least the DPP is considering appealing the sentence.

Judge Moran - from the bottom of my heart - You are a stupid ignorant man

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0209/1224311518672.html

This prick was prosecuted under section 246 of the childcare act and not for assault causing harm as has been suggested. 7 years max as opposed to 5 years for assault which may be why the Gardai and DPP ran with that charge to get the max sentence imposed that they could. 
    Thanks a lot JUDGE MORON.

This went to trial last november where he pleaded NOT GUILTY it collapsed when the right dr was not available to detail the injuries. Connors must have realised at this stage he was fukked and changed his plea on retrial, so he should not be getting "credit" for an early plea, he only did it cos he knew he was snookered the fu.ck.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/one-year-on-abused-tot-still-cowers-in-fear-from-strangers-3015847.html

While i appreciate she may have been a prisoner in her own home it is one thing to allow your fear to paralyse you and be trapped in an abusive relationship, this woman did nothing to help a defenceless baby because she was afraid of what connors would do to HER. selfish, ignorant, immature and most certainly at fault to a degree that this child was so seriously hurt.

Even at almost 2 yrs old the child will raise his arms to protect himself from any perceived threat - that's more than she did for him. I can only hope that he will have a normal life from here on out.

Reading over the injuries again here as my 15 month old plays on the floor, It upsets and angers me to my core that this man has got such a lenient punishment IMO. I truly hope he gets what he deserves.

@2012rio - your ignorance is unbearable. Enjoy your ban in that little bubble you live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MellowToast

Do mothers these days always allow psychotics lock themselves in a room with their baby?

the 20 something mothers are dim as ****, you can't expect them to choose a nice man when they can barely speak English or understand basic Maths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Sometimes it would be nice if provo punishment beating squads were still around. That fcuker should be taken into the street and shot like a bad dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Do mothers these days always allow psychotics lock themselves in a room with their baby?

the 20 something mothers are dim as ****, you can't expect them to choose a nice man when they can barely speak English or understand basic Maths

Who's worse you.or angrybollix?

One incident taken out of context by you.

An equally unilateral question from this incident could be, Do 20 yr old travellers become psychotic and beat babies these days? Come on, grow up and stop being so petty. Neither of you have anything substantial to add.

• Advertisement

Not being funny, but were you there when he said that?

It is very easy for someone to say they heard something and then that is taken as fact.

It was mentioned in 3 other newspapers. Aswell as knowing the guard in question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

what is more worrying was that it wasn't the first time he was abusive towards the child........... why didn't the mother dump him after the first incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭STANDCLEAR!!!

He would look well with a pair of designer cement shoes! And give him a trip of a lifetime with the fishes!

Advertisement