Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Loss Encouragement Required!

Options
  • 08-02-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Im in need to lose some weight just for a healthier me.Ive made a goal for myself in that Im going to go on holidays in April so I want to shed some pounds. I joined the gym before xmas, and have been going between 3-4 times a week. But it wasnt until after xmas, I got serious about the whole thing, and concentrated on also what I am eating. I have decided to record my calorie intake via means of an app on my fone which is the handiest form. When I calculated my current BMI, its at 28 which is considered over weight. So I want to get it down to approx. 23-24. So I would need to eat approx. of 1400-1500 kcals per day to achieve this. My height is 5'4'' and When I started after xmas my weight was 11st7lbs. I kept up my gym going to about 3-4 times a week, and for the entire month of jan, i kept my cal in take to about 1450 kcals on average per week. Im now down to 11st. ( but the main reason for losing that 7 lbs was that mainly was the xmass excess) But it wont budge under this. I have now lowered my kcal take to about 1300kcal on average per week and its still not budging!! Now when u hear that many cals, you may think im starving myself, far from it! I have hardy taken a drop of alcohol nor eating any bad food. Im eating all the correct things, eg. porrigde, fruit, veg, chicken, fish, wholewheat pastas & rices, Im choosing stuff that will fill me up for hours on end. But where Im needing help is how I can shift this to under 11st, as a few weeks have passed & its not moving! My original aim was 0.5lb per week & anything higher than that, id be ecstatic. Help Please!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I lowered my calories to 1300 and stopped losing weight after a week or two because my net calories were going below 1200 my body didn't have enough energy and was clinging onto the fat stores it had, I went back up to 1400 and I've lost 1.5lbs since saturday after maintaing/gaining for a week or two on 1200.

you may need more calories for your workout days, keeps the metabolism on its toes and able to function.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aka79

Thanks SAA for your response. I have since last week, been sticking to a 1200 kcal a day restriction, and then on the days that I would go to gym ( where by Id burn on average about 500kcal), i would eat more in order to balance out my levels. So I would nearly eat about 1600-1700kcals. Gonna see how this varies out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Lay out entire diet for two typical days and your training in detail

Advertisement