Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbing Oil - Siphoning heating Oil

Options
  • 08-02-2012 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Believe I have been a victim of this. Filled up tank just before xmas. 500 litres. Ran out last week.

In Newtownforbes area.

Noticed a few days after fill up that a plastic 20 litre container was in the garden. It appeared from nowhere... Didn't think anything of it at the time but when you have just shelled out hundreds of euros and then you are freezing cold a few weeks later these things hit you...............

Anyone else in the area have this happen?? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭good logs...

my neighbours was done not to far from you.:mad::mad::mad: last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I leave a concrete block under my tank so it gives the impression that its nearly empty..

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭gerrymadden1

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I leave a concrete block under my tank so it gives the impression that its nearly empty..

??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

a few rural schools have had their oil emptied lately around the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭UrbanMonkey

We've had ours robbed a couple of times in Town.

PS. I have also invested in a shotgun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I'd say only buy small amounts at at time, so if you're robbed at least it's not a full tank.

Put a concrete block under the tank so it jacked up on one side. Thieves will presume you are trying to squeeze the last drop out of it..

Put a concrete block under the tank so it jacked up on one side. Thieves will presume you are trying to squeeze the last drop out of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

-Corkie- wrote: »

and also if their going to drain your tank , they get more oil from it :rolleyes:

i have been victim of this also , but they got nuthin , as they didnt seems to like a staffy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

i.e. tilted to get the last drop.

Corkie, not teaching you how to suck eggs but always turn off the main valve before you do tilt your tank as crud and, most worryingly, water will make their way into your pump and f*ck it up royally. Water condenses inside tanks and makes its way to below the outlet pipe. When you tilt it, you risk that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 darapixie

Ours was robbed yesterday in Enfield, but as it was nearly low they deciced to wreck my veg patch and dump my organic bin all over it :( It was done between the hours of 17:00 & 19:00 as I was in the house before that and the garden was fine when I left the house.

Shame on them for doing it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭quickrack

darapixie wrote: »
    Ours was robbed yesterday in Enfield, but as it was nearly low they deciced to wreck my veg patch and dump my organic bin all over it :( It was done between the hours of 17:00 & 19:00 as I was in the house before that and the garden was fine when I left the house.

Shame on them for doing it :(
    How sad do you have to be to mess up a veg patch on someone cos they didnt manage to nick enough off you:(

Advertisement