Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No phone line connected to house

Options
  • 08-02-2012 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi eircom and all others reading this,

I have a question regarding phone lines. Me and my wife rent a house that is part of an old farm just behind Clonsilla trainstation and we have no phone line connected to our house. This is making it very hard for us to get internet. We have phone sockets but it seems like we have no connection to the house.

Is this up to my landlord to get us connected? Could I contact eircom and have them connect our house? If so, how much would that cost? This would be for a full installation as eircom would have to pull a cable to the house I think.

I would really like if it would be possible for us to have eircom connect our house so we could have a land line at home.

Hope to see a good answer here =)

Kind Regards,
    Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've had a house wired from a post just outside, think it came to 100 at the time - years ago
    How far are you from the nearest connection point?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

Im not sure how far away it is to the nearest connection point. Is there a way for me to check? E.g. check a map with all connection points on it.

I do think that it would a bit away, maybe even a couple of 100m away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

c0rn3y wrote: »
    Im not sure how far away it is to the nearest connection point. Is there a way for me to check? E.g. check a map with all connection points on it.

I do think that it would a bit away, maybe even a couple of 100m away.

Hi c0rn3y

Was there ever telephone service at the address. Can you PM me the address so I can check it against our systems.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

PMessage sent, thanks for your help with this Mark =)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Advertisement
Advertisement